LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food - Page 3 of 5

Reducing food-stamp benefits would 'take - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Aug, 2013 - 2:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
LDS Food Storage Keeping it for 30 years or more! This Thread is specific to how Mormons should do it as opposed to the Thread available in the Survival Board.
5th Oct, 2012 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food - Page 3

Growing your own stuff is cool if you have the space to do it. But what I mean is having fresh food isn't really a choice because it only lasts so long, if it wasn't like that we wouldn't have to do food shopping each week. Its not a big deal, I can eat canned and dried stuff I was just commenting that I would miss some things.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2012 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food
A Friend

Food Survival Mormon Storage Food LDS

Mormon Girl,

Yes, missing things, I worry about that many times over. I know I may not fully understand you position. But much of what I eat, no real storage of these things, even though we have a plenty of food storage in the can, my wife and daughter could eat well, but not me.

The flavorings around my foods is very critical, I have a very high satiation level to satisfy, and live in survival mode 24/7 with everything going on in my life. Having a very limited diet, do to food intolerance and etc. Everyday is a challenge to satisfy, don't know what I would do, without a certain brand of green salsa, my non dairy soy cheese, coconut and etc, etc. I find most food dishes barely edible, or yuck without the spices and salas.

I think, at least I have my garden and fruit trees, then what if, there is not water to keep them alive, what if I do, and people come in and strip the fruit from my trees, which is 1/3 or more of my diet in season. One only has to look at the Book of Mormon, to see a type of what will be happening in the last days.

I often have to step back, and tell myself, have faith, that as long as we strive to do what the Lord asks, we will be ok.

12th Oct, 2012 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food Studies Doctrine Mormon

This is probably the one good thing that I still follow from the Mormons. I agree that everyone should have some kind of food storage. I don't think its practical for everyone to have a year's worth especially if you have a big family but whatever you can.

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2012 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Food Survival Mormon Storage Food LDS

ExMormon

Good insight. I find so many people, no matter the situation, never seem to realize they need to look a head to protect themselves, not until it happens to them, then it is too late. Now today, so many think their government will come to their aid. But now even Fema and etc in the USA are telling people, you need to prepare, to take care of your self, until help can come.

I find that this always applies, If ye are prepared, there is no need to fear. I know that it is hard to be prepared for all things, but it does feel better, to know I am doing what I can.

5th Nov, 2012 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Food Survival Mormon Storage Food LDS

The church's food storage emphasis is very good regardless to your being a member or not however I feel there is too much focus on getting in a quota a mount for a year and it overwhelms some members to the point that they don't even really start.

2nd Jan, 2013 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

I was watching the show "Extreme Couponing" online and the first thing I thought is that if a lot of members use this for a little while they can create an amazing food storage for their families.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th May, 2013 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Food Storage Mormon Survival Food - Page 3

LDS Church's home storage centers

"Over time, we will be reducing the number of facilities where the packaging of dry goods occurs," LDS spokeswoman Ruth Todd said Monday. However, she added, the church's "home storage centers will offer the same or additional commodities in pre-packaged form, at no additional cost." Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2013 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Food Storage Mormon Survival Food Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Reducing food-stamp benefits would 'take food off the table'

More than 250,000 people in Utah will experience a cut in food stamp benefits. Ref. Source 1

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,