Trinis: Lords Amongst Us

Trinis Lords Us - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 29th Sep, 2008 - 5:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
They know everything...
31st Jan, 2008 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Here is a reason I find Trinis so self-absorbed and narrow minded:

I received an Email from a person who I will refer to as John (I left the last name out). In the Email he is referencing the https://www.TTCrime.com website:

QUOTE (John)
Subject: Information

I was asked Gender and Religion

I think this is in-appropriate, what does that have to do with the
loss of T&T to crime,

Sex, Religion, Sexual Orientation and Race have nothing to do with
this issue, in fact the political parties use these same areas for their
own selfish agendas 

Refer: https://www.TTCrime.com/

spock.gif Out of the hundreds of Emails I get I replied:

QUOTE (JB)
You are not joining the TTCrime website, you are joining an INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY of which ONE Board covers crime in Trinidad & Tobago. If any of those fields make you uncomfortable then simply do not join.

I thought that was that... no, no, I get a call on my mobile where John wanted to speak with the Directors of Borde Communications *laugh* because he did not appreciate the tone of my reply. When I told him that this is not Borde Communications and asked what he needed he said he called to say the exact same thing that he said before. I then said well you said that in your Email and asked if he did not get my reply? He agreed he got my reply, so then I asked him what is the purpose of his call. He then insisted on getting my name. Just to be hard I said you do not need my name, if you do not agree then do not join this site. He got angry.

Well I thought that was that and went back to work, I later get this Email:

QUOTE (John)
If you had any common sense, u would realise that these questions are irrelevant I have learn not to argue with drunks and fools, so enough said

Of course I did not reply and thought it comical that Trinis think they know everything. The fields are there for a reason. If you do not agree with it then simply DO NOT join this site. However Trinis seem to think that you have nothing to do but wade through their every gripe and frustration inflicted upon themselves.

Sponsored Links:
28th Feb, 2008 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Us Lords Trinis

I was telling this to someone a couple of days ago. Some Trinis cannot handle assertiveness at all, they are quick to get "offended" for little or no reason. Some of them are big men or big women (shame!) Basically they can dish out to you anything they want but they can't handle it when you dish out something back to them (they either get angry or very quiet).

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2008 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinis: Lords Amongst Us Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The more I hear about it the more I am sure I do not want to be there. Now the dealing with people who think they can bully their way through anything are the kinds of people I like to put in their place. Being a big man I can usually get my way if I want it. I tend to relax and see what others do first before standing up. It is comical at times some of the reactions I get.

28th Feb, 2008 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Us Lords Trinis

QUOTE (KNtoran @ 28-Feb 08, 10:33 AM)
Being a big man I can usually get my way if I want it.

Unfortunately, with some people here you cannot do that. Trinis in general even though they consider themselves "laid back" they have a temper. A lot of people carry machetes in their cars and believe me, they DO use it if they feel you are bullying them.

With regards to Trinis online, they seem to think they have all figured out and they cannot let it go easily if they have an issue, as the example JB shown within this thread.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2008 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Us Lords Trinis

I can see that from all I have read. I am sure that if I do visit your island it will just for a short time to visit with people I know there.

As for those who carry weapons I am one of those too. But I reserve my weapons of choice for protection of others as the need arises. biggrin.gif

4th Mar, 2008 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

If any of those fields make you uncomfortable then simply do not join.

Come on you could have explained that better.

The more I hear about it the more I am sure I do not want to be there.

Some of the things here are just plain negative there are positive parts to the country too!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Mar, 2008 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Lords Us

IndianChick:

Come on you could have explained that better.

Better? Are you the overly sensitive Trini that needs to be sugar- coated in order to not get offended?

Some of the things here are just plain negative there are positive parts to the country too!

Waiting for your response in the thread "How good is Trinidad and Tobago to live". Let's see if you can move out from the "fete" "vice" and "food" comments.

spock.gif

29th Sep, 2008 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

Trinis Lords Us Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Sorry to agree but yes we feel we know everything and normally we will argue 'till thy kingdom come' but I have encountered the Trini who listens to reason and would be very comical when proven wrong. The example JB used was one of those who is just plain stupid, he is not the majority here, although the numbers seem to gradually increase with alcohol consumption hmmph

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trinis: Lords Amongst Us

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,