Global Food Crisis - Page 2 of 5

Importing like that is a tricky go. You might - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Jan, 2009 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2008 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Global Food Crisis
A Friend

Global Food Crisis - Page 2

That is very interesting that taking a picture of a bakery can lead to the baker going to prison. It also does not make sense. Lets throw the baker into prison so there is one less person to help ease the food shortage by baking goods. But if they consider it national security then respect their laws.

Sponsored Links:
30th Apr, 2008 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Crisis Food Global

Strange indeed but one has to know the laws of the land and obey them. Let us just hope more farming occurs in areas now stagnant.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2008 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Global Food Crisis
A Friend

Global Food Crisis History & Civil Business Politics

https://money.cnn.com/2008/04/30/news/econo...rices/index.htm

By the sounds of this we will be in high priced foods for at least two more years or even longer. With higher food costs and higher fuel costs It does not look good.

8th Dec, 2008 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Crisis Food Global

Well it seems a twist of fate is now on the corn producers especially in Ontario. With prices on corn at all time low we watch crops now sitting in 4 feet of snow. I know many have just turn the cattle lose in the field and been picking of the deer by bow (season is just coming to a close).

Seems hard to believe it was just a few weeks back the world was getting ready to pay a ransom for it. Now crops wasted and prices still plummet. Will spring see a new record corn price?

Ironic part is the crop is still good just no one had scythes and horses with which to harvest the crops. My cousin is puling in 40 acres by hand then just grinding it to blow into the silo as he stable horses and has all my grand fathers old equipment as well as the modern toys. People laughed at him but his cattle will eat well and not eat him out of house. It was not often but I recall the old guys bringing grain and corn after early snows. It is all frozen in storage any how so it causes no harm to the crop if you can get it in. Even grain that has been blown down to the ground can be harvest by hand where the modern age leaves it to rot.

Ask me we are forgetting too much of the old safe ways. Sure not the fastest but got the job done.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

13th Jan, 2009 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Crisis Food Global

Flour is starting to come back down, but I'm still surprised at how expensive rice is. Is rice still expensive in your part of the world?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

13th Jan, 2009 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Global Food Crisis

Rice was never expensive here it remained well below 20.0 for a 15 kg bag. It was on sale last week for 10.00 reg now 13 to 15 brand pending. To me that is a cheap food still a 10 kg bag of potatoes is still 3-4.00. The rice makes many more meals.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2009 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Global Food Crisis
A Friend

Global Food Crisis - Page 2

Yes Rice and taters have always been pretty cheap here. I wonder if I buy a bunch of rice if it would get to JB or would the government take it for themselves?

14th Jan, 2009 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Global Food Crisis Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Importing like that is a tricky go. You might not even be allowed to do it. Also the bag has to be properly labeled. Food products are the hardest to bring across borders. I know honey is a tough one as is maple syrup.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Global Food Crisis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,