Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai - Page 16 of 17

Hmmm I think we are supposed to do something - Page 16 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jul, 2008 - 2:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 17 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 
Closed
18th Jul, 2008 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai - Page 16

You insert your id into the slot in the chair arm.  You confirm that you are yourself and create your command code.
"Thank you.  You may now log in and take command."
"Finally!" you say. "Computer! Change course!"
"Please input command code."
"26!"
"Access granted.  Welcome, captain.  What are your instructions?"
"Turn the ship around!  Reverse engines!  Get us out of danger!"
"I"m sorry, Navigational Command is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."
"Wa?  There won't be a later!  What's wrong?"
"A foreign entity has diverted control of all major systems to Engineering."
"All major systems?" you exclaim.  "So what do I have command over?"
"I notice the viewscreen is uncomfortably bright.  Would you like me to dim it for you?"
"Yes!" you say.  Immediately the burning image on the viewscreen dulls, allowing you too look upon the source of your impending doom with more comfort.  You feel no surge of pleasure at the power in your hands.  "Give me a list of all the systems I have control over."
"Lighting control, environmental control, public address system, end of list."
Fuming at all the time you have wasted, you fling yourself from the chair, kick the antique steering wheel, and storm out of the bridge.  You run along the corridor towards the lift.  The only thing to do now is to go to Engineering yourself.
Stalking into the lift, the button with the X on it suffers the sharp expression of your irritation as you pound in your selection.  The lift makes no complaint and descends to the Engineering deck.
With a tone the doors open and you step out into a corridor full of black-clad soldiers.  You retreat back into the lift and frantically tap the close door button, then the other buttons to get the lift to close its doors and start moving.
"Oi!" shouts one of the soldiers; by which he means "remain where you are so that you can be apprehended."  You keep raking the buttons as the doors start to close; your way of saying: "I am disinclined to do as you demand and would rather depart with all haste!"
The doors close, but not before one of the soldiers slips through to grapple with you.

If either you or the soldier roll a double number to win the round, then the winner has managed to push the blaster towards the other and fire it, resulting in instant victory for that party.

SOLDIER            SKILL 9      STAMINA 12

If you reduce the soldier's STAMINA to 2 first, turn to 11
If he reduces your STAMINA to 2 first, turn to 36
120s + 10s per round

Stephen 5+3=8(19) stam 19 guard 6+2=8 (17) stam 12 guard losses 2 stam
Stephen 4+2=6(19) stam 19 guard 2+1=3(12) stam 10 guard losses 2
Stephen 5+6=11(30) stam 19 guard 5+1=6(15) stam 8 guard losses 2
Stephen 2+6=8(21) stam 19 guard 2+3=5(14) stam 6 guard losses 2
Stephen 5+4=9(22) stam 19 guard 4+6=10(19) stam 4 tie
Stephen 2+6=8(21) stam 19 guard 6+3=9(18) stam 4 losses 2

The soldier falls to the ground, dazed and confused.  You take your chance and hit the button to halt the lift.  The doors open and you leap out as the soldier struggles back to his feet and staggers after you.  "Warning! Fugitive loose on Deck P!" you hear him shout into a communication link before pursuing you.  A blaster blast blasts the plastic off a wall as you dive around a corner.
"Blast it!" the soldier swears as you disappear.  "Fugitive last seen Section 2!"
Now the whole troop will be after you.  You run along the corridor, trying the doors of a few numbered cabins, but of course they are all locked.  You keep running.

Turn to 41
65s

You hurry along until you reach the end of the corridor, facing a junction.  Each of the white-walled, metal-grid-floored, fluorescent-lit passages look identical.

To go right, turn to 6
To go left, turn to 32

We keep ending up here we can try one way then the other. I think we need to get to fishbone's room some how then to the pods. I think if we see the guard it means we messed up some how.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2008 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai
A Friend

Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

We are on the P deck In section 2 now we need to find room 24. Lets go right see what that tells us again.

18th Jul, 2008 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Seems strange to me how we move so easily. Perhaps next time we try p in the lift to see what happens. Wish we could get us a blaster.

You take the right corridor, and soon come upon an unobtrusive doorway that leads to a service corridor.  The service corridors allow types such as yourself to move about and access systems without having to offend the high-class passengers with your impecunious presence.  Thumping the panel, you enter the narrow corridor and close the door behind you.  The service corridor runs at right angles and takes you to a small room that is an intersection of four service corridors.
In one corner is a ladder between hatches in the ceiling and floor.  The access tubes between decks will allow you to climb safely between decks rather than risking the lifts.  There is also a supply locker here, and you consider taking the time to search for something useful.

To take the time to search the locker, turn to 19
To move on quickly, turn to 30
82s

*I know you will like a peek*

You open the locker and peer inside.  You find several power units (3v, 9v and 12v), 10-metre rolls of cable, lubricating grease in 50 and 100 ml tubes, and a few torches.  You may take any of these items, but only have enough pockets for 3 of them.
Once you are ready, you close the locker.

Turn to 30
122s
*Just let me know what you like to keep*

Going over to the corner of the room, you pull the lever and open the hatch.  Lights automatically come on within, illuminating a narrow tube with rungs extending from the sides.  You climb in and reach the hatch at the bottom, kicking the lever to open the hatch.  You descend into an identical room below.
Not pausing, you open the next hatch and descend all the way down to deck X.  You are exhausted by the time you arrive, but do not rest, feeling that time is running out. 
You hurry through the maze of service corridors, then out into the main passages.  You find the Engineering Control Room, but hear voices inside.  Footsteps suddenly approach, and you slip through a nearby doorway into an observation lounge.  Even before you reach over to the control panel to close the doors, they slide shut and lock.
You hit the panel in surprise, but it remains a baleful red.  You have been trapped!  You hurry over to the door at the other end, but it is locked as well.  You thump the walls in frustration, but having no other choice settle yourself to wait.

Turn to 16
176s
*This seem familiar*

You quickly become impatient with waiting and start to prowl about the lounge, imagining yourself like a caged tiger.  Whoever comes is going to feel the fury!  Finally the far set of doors opens and you wheel about aggressively, ready to unleash a torrent of witty statements.
A squat figure enters, and you gape.  "You!"
"You have been a naughty, naughty boy!" the parent-bot says.  "You will come home right now, young man!"
"You are the leader of these"¦pirates?" you ask in disbelief.  "You are the one who has been attacking planets and ships?"
"You see the lengths you have forced me to go to to locate you?" the parent-bot scolds.  "When we get home, you are grounded for the next 23,546 years."
"But why did you kill all those people and lay waste to so many planets?" you ask.
"To prevent you from returning to locations already searched.  I hold you responsible for each death!  You will never watch TV again and will go to bed early without dinner every night for the rest of your life!"
"This is absurd!" you say.
"If you do not comply, I will be forced to take drastic action!" the parent-bot warns, and a panel in its front opens, metallic hands extending holding a rainbow-coloured teddy bear poised between a pair of shears ready to snip it in two.  "Comply, or it is all over for Mr Fluffles!"
You laugh at the robot.  "Go and recycle yourself, you rusty tin can!  I haven't cared about that old thing in years!"
"Update received," the parent-bot responds, the arms holding the teddy bear and shears retracting and the panel closing.    Other panels open and an array of blasters emerge, training on you with whirrs and clicks, speckling your face and body with targeting lasers like serious case of ache that threatens to burst and tear you into smoking pieces.  "How do you feel about your own life?"
"You can't kill me!" you exclaim.  "You are supposed to be my carer!"
"You are currently at Stage 11 Naughtiness, which allows me to discipline you as I see fit!  So come with me or die!"
No way!

If you have a blaster and want to blast the blasted robot, turn to 34(I followed this one before and we die)
Otherwise you can see if the "Deactivate" command still works by turning to 42
132s

"Deactivate!" you shout.
Immediately, lights on the parent-bots head go dim and it sags, blaster arrays drooping harmlessly.  You march over and give the robot a kick.  It feels good, so you kick it again.  Glancing out the large window at the hot and hungry sun, you decide not to indulge yourself any further.
Looking at the unit, you wonder if you should damage it more permanently while you have the chance.  Someone could come along and reactivate it, meaning it will come after you again.  The parent-bot is protected by tantrum-proof panelling, and you will not get far by bashing it.  There is an access panel to its sensitive insides, but it is sealed by screws.

Turn to 54

Leaving the observation lounge and the parent-bot, you hurry down the corridor.  You are sweating profusely, but the sweat evaporates off your skin in moments.  Although the ship is yet to pass into the corona of the sun, the heat is intense enough to start cooking you inside the ship like a loaf of bread in a baking tin.
As you hurry along, you glance at the air conditioning vents.  Can't someone turn on the cooling?  If they can, they had better do it at the double!

Turn to 33

The air burns your skin and eyes, sears your insides as you breath.  You squeeze your eyes shut.  The heat grows unbearable, and you start to cook.  Stumbling about, you look for a way to escape the heat. The walls begin to burn your hands when you touch them, then the polymer begins to melt.
The heat is too much and you pass out several minutes before the ship turns into a molten glob and plunges into the sun.

YOUR ADVENTURE ENDS HERE

OK to back to the left I guess. I think last time all options there lead to death as well. So we need to back up to the last choice we had and take different path that might lead to different options.

But left me show the left first.

You take the corridor to the left.  About a hundred metres later you come across an unoccupied security station.  You step inside, hoping that someone has left a blaster or something lying about.  They haven't.  However there is a weapons locker here.  You try the door, but it is locked.  There is a control panel on the front with a small keypad.  An access code is required to open it.

Turn to 15

You move up the corridor away from the security station, and soon come upon an unobtrusive doorway that leads to a service corridor.  The service corridors allow types such as yourself to move about and access systems without having to offend the high-class passengers with your impecunious presence.  Thumping the panel, you enter the narrow corridor and close the door behind you.  The service corridor runs at right angles and takes you to a small room that is an intersection of four service corridors.
In one corner is a ladder between hatches in the ceiling and floor.  The access tubes between decks will allow you to climb safely between decks rather than risking the lifts.

Turn to 30

Going over to the corner of the room, you pull the lever and open the hatch.  Lights automatically come on within, illuminating a narrow tube with rungs extending from the sides.  You climb in and reach the hatch at the bottom, kicking the lever to open the hatch.  You descend into an identical room below.
Not pausing, you open the next hatch and descend all the way down to deck X.  You are exhausted by the time you arrive, but do not rest, feeling that time is running out. 
You hurry through the maze of service corridors, then out into the main passages.  You find the Engineering Control Room, but hear voices inside.  Footsteps suddenly approach, and you slip through a nearby doorway into an observation lounge.  Even before you reach over to the control panel to close the doors, they slide shut and lock.
You hit the panel in surprise, but it remains a baleful red.  You have been trapped!  You hurry over to the door at the other end, but it is locked as well.  You thump the walls in frustration, but having no other choice settle yourself to wait.

Turn to 16
176s

You quickly become impatient with waiting and start to prowl about the lounge, imagining yourself like a caged tiger.  Whoever comes is going to feel the fury!  Finally the far set of doors opens and you wheel about aggressively, ready to unleash a torrent of witty statements.
A squat figure enters, and you gape.  "You!"
"You have been a naughty, naughty boy!" the parent-bot says.  "You will come home right now, young man!"
"You are the leader of these"¦pirates?" you ask in disbelief.  "You are the one who has been attacking planets and ships?"
"You see the lengths you have forced me to go to to locate you?" the parent-bot scolds.  "When we get home, you are grounded for the next 23,546 years."
"But why did you kill all those people and lay waste to so many planets?" you ask.
"To prevent you from returning to locations already searched.  I hold you responsible for each death!  You will never watch TV again and will go to bed early without dinner every night for the rest of your life!"
"This is absurd!" you say.
"If you do not comply, I will be forced to take drastic action!" the parent-bot warns, and a panel in its front opens, metallic hands extending holding a rainbow-coloured teddy bear poised between a pair of shears ready to snip it in two.  "Comply, or it is all over for Mr Fluffles!"
You laugh at the robot.  "Go and recycle yourself, you rusty tin can!  I haven't cared about that old thing in years!"
"Update received," the parent-bot responds, the arms holding the teddy bear and shears retracting and the panel closing.    Other panels open and an array of blasters emerge, training on you with whirrs and clicks, speckling your face and body with targeting lasers like serious case of ache that threatens to burst and tear you into smoking pieces.  "How do you feel about your own life?"
"You can't kill me!" you exclaim.  "You are supposed to be my carer!"
"You are currently at Stage 11 Naughtiness, which allows me to discipline you as I see fit!  So come with me or die!"
No way!

If you have a blaster and want to blast the blasted robot, turn to 34
Otherwise you can see if the "Deactivate" command still works by turning to 42\

18th Jul, 2008 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 16 Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

All roads lead to robot watch dog and death so we have error in path way back.

Sooooo back we go. last place of any significant choice was the lift is this the answer? We need to guess the right level?

I have went over what we have seen and here is the result

Section
a 1 this is the first paragraph so now way
b 2 This is the first aid room
c 3 This is where we put our id into the chair and killed the guard.
d 4 Finding fishbones ID
e 5 We show Guard our ID
f 6 We find that locker
g 7 We talked to computer at start and made passes at it.
h 8 ??
I 9 we p[layed it safe and did not fight guard and got put in cell where nice parent bot ended up with us.
j 10 The penthouse pen(bar where we rolled die to find stuf)
k 11 We beat soldier and he call security.
l 12 we take lift at start to medical bay choices
m 13 when we used fishbones ID in the captains chair way back
n 14 Giving soldier whishbones ID
o 15 go down between decks after going left
p 16 parent bot walks in
q 17 ouside the observation dome
r 18 ??
s 19 open locker to find batteries ect
t 20 talk to computer at start
u 21 fist see dogbot
v 22 dogbot shoots missle
w 23 guard grabbed us and we insulted him
x 24 ??
y 25 we found our phone number
z 26 ??

My that was painful. At least we are now down to only a few choices as to where we get of the elevator lift.

Hurrying down the hallway you follow the emergency lights through the wide bare halls.  Nearing the launching bay, you hear ahead the whir of mechanical legs.  Rounding a corner you step into the evacuation bay, a large semicircular lounge with doorways in the curved wall leading to corridors and ultimately the escape pods.
All the doors are closed and red lights inform you that the pods have all been launched. There is a robotic dog here, creating the whirring as it patrols back and forth.  It is a strange-looking thing, with a greyhound-shaped body and limbs of black polymer, and an oversized, head that looks like a rocket-launcher with an array of sensors on top.
In the seconds it has taken you to take in the scene, the dog-bot has been walking away from you, but it is about to turn back and will see you.

If you want to leave before the dog-bot sees you, turn to 39
If you want to go out and ask the doggy-woggy what's happening, turn to 21
116s

126 seconds gone

We avoid doggy

Deciding that the dog is trouble, you slip back into the corridor and creep away as quiet as a six-foot mouse.  Reaching the lift you step back inside and use your paw to press the button to take you up to the command deck.  The doors close and the lift whooshes upwards at high speed.  Shaken, and a little exhilarated you step out of the lift.
The corridors on Deck A are so much more luxurious than you are accustomed to.  Thick, soft carpet lies underfoot, and your way is lit by old-fashioned brass and crystal wall lights.  Even the electronic touch screens are housed in ornate, gilt frames, displaying images of oil painting landscapes while on standby.
Although you pause to brush off and straighten your coveralls; the opulent surrounds do not deter you from your mission, and you hurry towards the bridge.  Following the main corridor leads you past polished wooden doors, often set with gleaming brass plaques.  Finally the corridor ends at a pair of doors bearing the designation: "Bridge."
The doors open at your approach and you enter into the correctly labelled room.  As you step inside, the first thing you notice is the bright light shining from the front of the room where the large viewscreen fills the wall.  Light and heat from the image of the sun directly ahead blaze upon you, making it difficult to see.  You stumble inside, until your hands hit upon a polished wooden rail.
Shading you eyes and squinting for good measure, you manage to see that the bridge is a multi-layered affair, with rows of tiered consoles below you extending down to the foot of the viewscreen. Where you stand is the highest tier, unoccupied except for a large comfortable chair, with a quaint old sailing ships tiller wheel before it.
You give the wheel a spin, hoping against hope that it is more than ornamental.  The wheel spins easily, a testament to the loving care bestowed upon its ball-bearings in the form of regular greasing.  However, apart from testifying to the aforementioned loving care, the wheel is non-functional.
Going over to the captain's chair, you sit down, feeling yourself settle into the soft clasp of its silken cushions.  Your enjoyment of the chair does not prevent you from scorning the decadence of the former captain, and after a moment's indulgence, you get to the matter at hand.
"Computer," you say in your most commanding voice.  "Change course!"
"Who is squeaking?" the computer asks politely.
"The captain!  I am the captain now!" you announce.
"Yes, sir," the computer agrees without any resistance.  "Please input your command code."
"Wa?  I don't have one," you reveal, your voice trembling with the kind of uncertainty that has spawned countless mutinies ever since men went to sea in groups together.
"Navigational command requires command status," the computer tells you sympathetically.
"I am the last crewmember left on board, am I not?" you ask.
"Yes, sir," the computer agrees.
"That makes me the captain now, doesn't it?"
"Yes, captain."
"So why don't I have command status?" you want to know.
"You need to submit your CMN and apply for command status.  If your application is successful, you will need to register and create a command code.  Then you can login and take command."
"What's a CMN?" you ask, perplexed.
"Crew Member Number," the computer informs you.  "It is the prominent number on your Crewmember Identification Card."
Now you are getting somewhere!  You reach into your pocket for the card.  Not in that pocket.  You check the next likely pocket. Nothing.  You check the remainder of your pockets with growing dread and dismay that reaches a peak, then sends a wave of fear crashing down upon you, wiping you out and dumping you upon the shore of frustration.
You know you had it with you last night.  The card is used to make purchases from the funds in your on-board account.  You had it at the club last night, purchasing the alcohol that was subsequently poured down your throat, resulting in the state of extreme charm that you are still recovering from.  You must have lost it in the dance club.
"Be right back!" you shout, springing up from the chair and dashing towards the exit.  The opulent corridor sweeps past as you run towards the lift, pound the button and hurl yourself into the small, vertically mobile room. You lift your extended finger to press the button, yet it pauses, trembling in anticipation of function.
What floor was the dance club on?  There are 26 buttons, marked A to Z.  You are always getting lost on this darn ship.  You can't even remember the name of the dance club.

If you know what floor you were on, you can turn to the correct reference by converting the letter to a number using A=1, B=2, "¦ , Z=26.  Otherwise, you will just have to guess.  If the passage you turn to makes no sense, then turn instead to 49 right away.
284s

SO lets hope we do better this time.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2008 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

Lets try level R (18) I hope that it gives us something that we can use.

21st Jul, 2008 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

R18 is giberish some book index....

X24 only makes sense if we have been to the bar.

h8 we are using a blaster so not right.

so z26 we go and we are open a locker....

So that only mean s we have choice of l12 or j10

[QUOTE]

You press the button and the doors close. You fidget impatiently as the lift seems to crawl along, the lights indicating the current deck seeming to linger teasingly. Finally with a pleasant chime the doors open and you spring out. You pound the floor with your feet as you run at world-record-breaking pace despite the lack of time-keeping officials. Yes, this all looks familiar. Soon you round a corner and see ahead the glowing archway of the Pleasure Pen nightclub. That's it! You hurry about and search through the club for your id"¦

Roll a die.
If you roll a 1, turn to 4
If you roll a 2, turn to 25
If you roll a 3, turn to 37
If you roll a 4, turn to 48
If you roll a 5, turn to 51
If you roll a 6, turn to 55

or the other option is this

Remembering your emergency drills, you know that the escape pods are located on the lowest level of the ship. You hurry over to the nearest lift and press the down button. The doors open promptly and you step inside, stabbing at the button for level Z.
The lift whines and drops rapidly, sending your stomach floating up near the ceiling. It is an unpleasant sensation, especially after a night of being really charming. You stagger from the lift on level Z and promptly vomit onto the deck (lose 1 STAMINA). You pause for a minute, considering whether or not to find one of the medical bays that are on every level. You will be able to sober yourself up, maybe get some medical supplies in case you are hurt or you find an injured someone.

To look for the medical bay, turn to 47
To press on to the escape pods, turn to 31
[QUOTE]

Question is once we do this how do we get to some of the options we have never seen.

We need to get back on that lift somehow as we seem to end up on the command deck instead of continuing on the escape pod route. Big flaw perhaps?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Jul, 2008 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Go By Ulysses Ai - Page 16

It seems there is a flaw I followed back wards through the story and we need to get to section 50 but no other paragraph refers us to it....Sorry one and all I shall stop here and see find I can find the slip.

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2008 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wrong Go By Ulysses Ai D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 16

Hmmm I think we are supposed to do something that allows us to get to that room. I know in the club we have a option for 51 and 55. I wonder if that will get us someplace closer to what we needed?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 

> TOPIC: Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.