Food Shortage Controversy - Page 10 of 11

Food shortage a risk to world security - UN - Page 10 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Mar, 2014 - 11:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 
Post Date: 4th Jun, 2008 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy
A Friend

Food Shortage Controversy - Page 10

Seems at the food summit some leaders can not quite agree on what to do about food shortages, Rising food prices and the use of renewable or biofuels.

https://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/06/04...Rome/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2008 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Controversy Shortage Food

KNtoran, that's the problem with politicians and "diplomats" they're all talk and no action. Trying to be "politically correct" in a circumstance like this just wastes everyone's time. I do NOT propose a military solution to any problem but sometimes I think if the delegates we send to these kinds of summit meetings were military trained or intelligence trained we might get somewhere. Nobody wants to threaten anyone else, they don't really have the political power to do that, anyway. These summits are a waste of time unless the delegates KNOW their governments will back up what they decide to do. We all are aware of how difficult that is.

If you were the delegate at one of these summits what would you bring to the table? I'd bring the Whatley farm plan. Plus the concepts of solar, wind or geothermal energy. Any of those alternative sources is possible depending on where the farm is located.

Rather off topic, but...
I have a friend who lives in Arkansas who not only does not receive an electric bill he SELLS energy to the electric company. He owns a "wind farm" and it produces more energy than he can use. He is on the "grid" but not as a customer, he's a supplier!

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2008 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Food Shortage Controversy History & Civil Business Politics

Yeah I can hope and dream that someday we will get a politician running for office that does not try to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

9th Jun, 2008 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Controversy Shortage Food

ArrwynCliona Wind solar and geothermal energy is a great item any one can invest and produce especially in colder regions as that energy then can be used in green house projects to produce food. We tend to forget that if we can get heat cheap enough growing food year round indoors becomes a reality.

Grains are used to feed masses as they tend to long shelf life and are cheap to produce but for those who are in countries that produce food and have monies we do not need to eat the grains if enough reasonably priced veggies and fruits are at hand.

If all Canadians and American left corn and wheat in the store house to be shipped and produced more of the good veggies we end up healthy and all fed.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2008 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Controversy Shortage Food

I am not sure our governments will let us feed the world. They will use it to put pressure on this or that country thus causing more hard reactions form some countries.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2008 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Name: Maryann

Comments: I live in an area about two miles from New York City. With a small garden in my yard, I could not grow enough food to supply for my family...I have to go to the stores. However, with the high value of land on this area, why couldn't this area, and all other city areas, have a "vertical farm" located on building tops and also "sectioned off" with climate control in the areas that are needed...this seems the most practical answer to the high cost of shipping...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jul, 2008 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy - Page 10

I think if you find the answer to that question you will know why the food storage exists to start with.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2014 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Food Shortage Controversy Politics Business Civil & History - Page 10

Food shortage a risk to world security - UN

The world must increase its food production by 60 per cent by mid-century or risk serious food shortages that could bring social unrest and civil wars, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said. Ref. Source 9

+  « First of 11 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: Food Shortage Controversy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,