Food Shortage Controversy - Page 2 of 11

JB wrote QUOTE No, we look for something that - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 3:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »
22nd Apr, 2008 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy - Page 2

That is great on the wind power and never knew that about switch grass. Where I am wind and solar are too weak to effectively harness until better technology come about.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
22nd Apr, 2008 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Controversy Shortage Food

QUOTE (KNtoran)
Switch grass is better at producing ethanol and it produces more than corn does. This way we keep the grain to feed cattle or humans.

You should suggest that to your local Senate Representative as an issue to bring up and question. Maybe we can add to the Food Shortage Controversy by saying that corn is used because 'they' really do not want the best results from this, after all we still want to show that we need oil right?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd Apr, 2008 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy History & Civil Business Politics

(JB)

after all we still want to show that we need oil right?

That is exactly th whole issue no matter what they say the industry is trying hard to convince and ensure we are Dependant on them. They hide/ destroy better technology suppress those that find ways to vastly improve the junk they presently produce.

It is only through heavy protesting that the Governing bodies will react from fear of not being re-elected.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 22nd Apr, 2008 - 3:18pm

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy
A Friend

Page 2 Controversy Shortage Food

That is correct as long as the big oil has congress in its back pocket things are not going to change until the majority of the people have had enough. It is sad to say that the big oil companies run this country and as long as they are happy and people are arguing about this and that they will back door any legislation that can improve upon a alternate fuel that they do not control. Remember the internal combustion engine was outdated back in the 70's. Why are we still using it?

22nd Apr, 2008 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Controversy Shortage Food

It s still cheap and rugged to use....

I recall my grandfather always claimed the tractor was going to be the end of all farmers...He just may be right. He claimed it as it took many to run it where horse ate of the land and it was just time you had to put in to feed them. He said that first back in the 50's.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would rather go back to the horse and buggy days in some of the transportation of people. biggrin.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy - Page 2

Name: Wayned

Comments: From the sounds of many of the government places there is lots of food but their government agencies don't want it to get to the people, unless they get a bribe or payment. This goes down through the chains of command as well.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Food Shortage Controversy Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

JB wrote

No, we look for something that forgets oil and other dependent fuel sources that come from earth - try solar energy. Besides the initial development it is FREE!

Solar power is a good option for stationary sites. There are many sites and homes powered by the sun. However the big push about getting away from fossil fuels is, for Americans, predominately their cars.

The biggest problem with solar energy as far as American automobiles is the limit of how far your solar powered battery driven vehicle can go is not sufficient. Where "dependence on oil" is concerned with Americans it is our cars that are the problem. According to the 2000 census Americans own (and presumably run) million vehicles that run on gasoline or diesel fuel! (That doesn't include boats). Some people live in places where having a solar powered vehicle is impractical. According to https://www.wxresearch.com/triv.htm the least number of days with sunshine is Alaska. When they do have sun, it isn't that strong because of their latitude. A solar powered car in Alaska would be foolish. Anyone living near Mt. Washington, NH would also be foolish to own a solar powered car, unless they didn't need it more than 150 days a year. These states that have solar insufficiency often have an abundance of wind, however. I have visited Mt. Washington, NH and I don't think the wind ever stops blowing there. So for general energy (electricity) needs a wind farm there would be ideal. But the people still need to get around. A solution that would work for only part of the country the auto manufacturers will not go for. We need a solution EVERYONE can use. That the Oil cartel has most governments in their hands is obvious. One of the things that bothers me is that the US produces crude oil but we must IMPORT more than 50% of our crude and a whopping 66 MILLION gallons of refined gasoline because even if we had the oil, our own refineries can't produce the amount we use according to (https://www.gravmag.com/oil.html) Americans are the single largest body of users of gasoline in the world. Why; the basic American premise of "freedom". Americans will no more give up their cars than they will their TV sets. I"ll grant that for most of us, our individually owned cars are a necessity. I poignantly feel the absence of mine and my daughter would not be able to work or go to school without hers because "public" transportation where we live would be "cost inefficient." It doesn't exist. So, some of the other solutions for energy for our vehicles is necessary.

The worldwide "famine" is being caused by a lot of things that are world concerns, not just oil. Changes in weather patterns are causing massive droughts in places accustomed to much higher rainfall. Some of these weather changes are being caused by death of sea life do to global warming. The global warming itself has caused changes in weather patterns. War, weak governments, ecologically unsustainable farming practices, desert encroachment and soil depletion are also large factors and a small community of agriculturalists and scientists are becoming increasingly alarmed at a two fold problem. The Africanization of honey bees and the depletion of honey bees. That bees are dying in massive numbers is a little known fact and science has yet to discover why, but the "natural" Africanization of bees is also a large problem. Face it, the world "famine" is a result of humanity's domination of the planet instead of stewardship.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Food Shortage Controversy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,