ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 105 of 279

The argument soon devolves into a shouting - Page 105 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Sep, 2015 - 10:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 279 pgs.  101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
16th Sep, 2015 - 2:35am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 105

Ignoble says...

"You say I am not the keeper of these items; I agree they are not mine. They certainly do not have my name or mark on them, but they are not your either friend...they do not have your name or mark on them. That is the mark of Iomede, and that tells me that they belong to her and her temple. I am not their keeper, but neither are you and so why do you determine what purpose they should have and how do you determine that you are the right man to give them that purpose?"

Mykael's hand comes away from the hilt of his sword and he holds it up to Zork showing an 'empty hand.' "I do not want to fight you over this, but I am prepared to. Let Theaton have the armor and the sword until we can come to a compromise. Perhaps we can take them to one of Iomede's temples and ask them to properly remove her symbol or give you leave to wield them. I would be satisfied to see you wield them if I had some reasonable assurance that it would not constitute an affront to the goddess. I assure you that I have no designs on them for my own use.

As to their last owner, we honestly don't know how he came across them. Maybe he was a crusader, maybe not. Maybe he killed a crusader and that was how he obtained the armor, or if he was so willing to discard them perhaps he is a disgraced knight of the goddess and has abandoned his creed. I don't know, but it doesn't really matter because he is not here; I am here though, and I feel very strongly about this. If you cannot respect that, we are going to have problems, you and I, from here on out I imagine."

Sponsored Links:
16th Sep, 2015 - 2:47am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Archival is unable to identify the contents of the vial. If one was to take the risk, tasting it with a Perception check may reveal it's purpose.

Out of Character: Intimidation can be used, but only to cause the opponent to be shaken.

Or you can first agree as players to roll opposed intimidate or diplomacy checks and the winner will threaten or convince the other character successfully. However if you use intimidate, your characters may resent each other for a while. I give Aericsteele the opportunity to refuse, since this is something Mykael is passionate about.

If it comes to a fight, using fists or rolling your weapon attacks at -4 to hit will do non-lethal (Stun) damage. However I rule a bit different to Theaton. It works the same as normal damage (And adds normally if you already have some damage), but knocks the other character unconscious instead of bleeding out.

16th Sep, 2015 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

Out of Character: It will be only natural of Zork to not back down. I propose diplomacy at first, then an intimidate check and possible battle but don't want to dictate of the rules of how this proceeds.

Do I have the benefit of the armor yet or the sword in my hand should we battle?

By the way that vial I got from the goblin I will try a drop on a piece of plant to make sure it does not burn it (Acid) and then taste a drop, etc.

In Character: Zork interupts, "This will be the right time to test this vial of liquid. He uncorks it and tests while keeping the opposition watching on."

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 16 (1 roll)
  • Intimidation on D20 (+1): 16 (1 roll)
  • Diplomacy on D20 (+1): 21 (1 roll)

16th Sep, 2015 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 105 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: The sword is the same as your current longsword, you can choose to hold either. However the armor takes 4 minutes to don, so you wouldn't have that.

I'm so sorry I completely forgot to mention the orange liquid. It was correctly identified as Alchemist's fire which ignites on contact with the air (So you should edit your post with this knowledge Zork already knew.)

Since neither character will back down (Even with good arguments), there is no point to the social rolls, and we may as well go straight to initiative!

16th Sep, 2015 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Out of Character: Too bad, my rolls were pretty good especially diplomacy but so be it. Can't edit my post but I did put it in my character sheet. What kind of damage will the Alchemist's fire give?

In Character: "So you want to play dirty and become the dictator of this party even though I tried to be 'nice' well then let's duel for it because I'm not go to simply given in because you said so."

Zork holds tightly to the new sword, the same they are arguing over and makes ready for combat.

Out of Character: I'm putting 4 rolls and explosive so it takes care of everything for this (Hopefully)

Zork II Results:
  • Initative on D20 (+1): 3 (1 roll + explode)
  • Special longsword on D20 (+6): 11, 24, 16, 16 (4 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 6, 8, 11, 8 (4 rolls)

16th Sep, 2015 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Ignoble says...

Mykael slowly draws his sword and hefts his shield waiting for the first strike from Zork "Apparently you cannot be reasoned with" He he says sternly "If anyone is attempting to be a dictator in this party it is you as you have shown a blatant disregard toward my beliefs in this matter."

Mykael glares at Zork with a growing bloodlust in his eyes (Intimidation check to demoralize) "I've told you I do not want to fight you over this but if you insist, lets dance friend"

Mykael stands ready, he will not strike first but rather waits for Zork to be the primary aggressor.

Out of character: I'm not sure whether Zork is pulling his punches so to speak to make this non-lethal, if he is then Mykael will as well but if he isn't or he does use any lethal means such as alchemist fire then Mykael will not pull his punches and will not stop until one of them is bleeding out or unconscious.

Also, just to make sure it's understood I'm not taking any of this personally as a player; I think its a pretty good role play situation that highlights the differences in alignment between Zork and Mykael with Zork having more of a chaotic bent verses Mykael's lawful disposition. They are approaching the armor and sword from two completely opposite view points it seems.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Intimidation on D20 (+8): 21 (1 roll + explode)
  • Attack (Longsword) on D20 (+8): 24, 25, 28(+8), 27, 16, 22 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 4 (1 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Sep, 2015 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 105

Theaton steps back and moves out of their way. He tried to be the middle man but clearly neither man was budging. He sits down and waits the outcome.

17th Sep, 2015 - 10:57am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 105

Game Master says...

The argument soon devolves into a shouting match and finally both fighters scream at the top of their voice, demoralizing each other. Zork steps forward but Mykael deflects the blow with his shield. Mykael takes the opportunity to swing a solid hit at Zork's left arm, just above the shield (Zork 4 damage).

Both fighters continue their clash of blades and a wide opening lets both strike their opponent in the leg. (Mykael 8, Zork 9 more damage)
Zork misses and Mykael throws an accurate attack at Zork's head (Zork 8 damage), forcing him to retreat behind his shield and flail with obscured vision.
Zork hits armor to no effect and Mykael sees another opening and hits the leg (Zork 7 damage).

Zork is hurting but has fight left in him, the unfamiliar weight of the sword makes it move strangely in his hand as if pulling away. Mykael's training definitely shows and perhaps there's also some factor of beginner's luck.

Out of Character: It looks like it's all lethal damage which takes a lot longer to heal. Tensions are high and reason has gone.

You should both start at full hit points, as you had been healed at the temple. Zork your +6 is right, after the Shaken condition gives a -2. But the condition has worn off and you should have +4 (BAB) +3 (Strength) +1 (Weapon focus). The alchemist's fire is a standard item, doing 1d6 fire damage and a splash of 5 feet and doing another 1d6 the round after if not extinguished.

What a situation! I think the Kingmaker adventure path is just the kind of adventure that causes party conflict. It's happened to me on tabletop. Of course, I won't incentivize attacking player characters with an XP reward.

Zork, could I get just 3 more rounds of attacks?
Mykael, could I get one more attack and two damage rolls, one being for the last attack you made above.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 17th Sep, 2015 - 11:05am

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.