ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 106 of 279

"Perhaps the symbolism is hard to ignore" - Page 106 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Sep, 2015 - 3:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 279 pgs.  102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
17th Sep, 2015 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 106

Ignoble says...

Zorks attack initially sparks rage in Mykael and a brief moment of hesitation (Explaining the demoralization) as he determines in his mind whether the items are truly worth fighting over, and potentially killing for, but once the attack comes his emotions are subdued by discipline and muscle memory as the fog of combat sets in and his movement become almost instinctual through years of training. He is calm and determined now as he presses the attack.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Attack (longsword) on D20 (+8): 26 (1 roll + explode)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 11, 10 (2 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
17th Sep, 2015 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork shouts, "You are lucky to hide behind your armor, no wonder you would not have it for myself because you do not want anyone but you to have possession of it!"

Zork II Results:
  • Special Sword on D20 (+7): 17, 22, 23, 16 (4 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 7, 6, 10, 6 (4 rolls)

17th Sep, 2015 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Zork again strikes against scale armor as Mykael hits only chain.
Zork swings and cuts Mykael's forearm but Mykael painfully slices Zork's abdomen in return. (Mykael 7, Zork 11 damage)

Zork coughs up blood and falls to his knees, allowing him to say a one-liner before he falls unconscious. He drops the ornate longsword which bounces off the ground, flips and falls, hilt towards Mykael and tip to the south. Mykael stands triumphant but scathed and badly bruised.

Out of Character: Txtrpg, you have to roll 1d20 +Constitution to stabilise Zork's wound. There should also be enough willing people around to heal it to improve the chance of survival.

And that is how the dice fall... They keep the balance by causing randomness such as what just happened. Clear providence for Mykael if you ask me.

17th Sep, 2015 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 106 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork dreams a dream but what dream he dreams he does not know because he is now deep asleep.

Zork II Results:
  • Stabalize on D20 (+1): 17 (1 roll)

17th Sep, 2015 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

When Zork falls to the ground Mykael tosses his limp body so that he is on his back throws off Zorks helmet and grabs a tuft of his hair pulling it back to expose his throat. He places the edge of his sword along Zork's neck debating whether or not he wants to slide the steel and open the mans neck. The anger that was once suppressed once again surges to the surface and Mykael growls as he struggles to maintain his composure once more.

The battle is over and the adrenaline still surges through Mykael's veins, but eventually he pulls himself together, releases Zork and tries to find something to patch his opponents wound to try and keep him from bleeding out. He gets up, takes the sword and the armor and hands them to Theaton then nods and limps away as the adrenaline wears off and he begins to feel his wounds.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 17th Sep, 2015 - 5:56pm

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Heal Check on D20 (+0): 6 (1 roll)

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2015 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

At the start of the duel, Archival opens his backpack and begins searching. He quickly finds the Wound Paste at the top of the pack and waits. As Mykael places his blade on Zork's throat, Archival tenses, his eyes going wide. When Mykael's blade is withdrawn, a sigh of relief escapes Archival's lips.

With the tension gone, Archival grins at Theaton and says, "Well that was interesting." Moving toward Mykael and the fallen Zork he continues, "I would say how the sword landed is quite telling as a sign. Iomedae's blade hilt is directed at Mykael, almost as if he is being instructed by hist favored goddess to take up the blade. We were told the previous owner headed south in search of the Stag Lord and the tip points in that direction... The symbolism is hard to ignore. Please step aside Mykael, so I can stop the bleeding of his wounds." Archival applies a dose of the precious Wound Paste he purchased from the apothecary in Restov to Zork's wounds, instantly stabilizing the downed man.

Out of Character: Great idea to not incentivize PKing - rewarding xp for that sort of thing has always resulted in bad blood and a degeneration of games from my experience. This AP is amazing though! I think it's fully won me over from Dungeons & Dragons.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 17th Sep, 2015 - 8:57pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2015 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 106

Theaton takes the armor and the sword and ties it to his horse along with the other items. He will go over and help bandage and help Zork and then go do the same with Mykael.

18th Sep, 2015 - 3:31am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 106

Ignoble says...

"Perhaps the symbolism is hard to ignore" Mykael replies to Archival as he favors the wound to his forearm and allows Theaton to begin tending to it "But I fought to keep the unconsecrated from wielding them; if Iomede deigns to consecrate me as one of her chosen warriors then perhaps these items were meant for me to wield, but until I know this to be true it would be wrong for me to fight so stubbornly against an unconsecrated person wielding them only to turn around and wield them myself when I have not been consecrated to her service. They should be taken to the nearest temple of Iomede or given to the first priest or paladin of Iomede that we come across. They will determine what should happen to these items and who should wield them."

Mykael sheathes his sword then bows his head and closes his eyes briefly as he makes a silent offering to Iomede before gathering his things. His father's words ring in his mind Knock someone down when they need it, but always be first to help them up if they are willing to accept your help.

With his fathers words in his mind Mykael stands over Zork. When Zork comes to Mykael offers Zork his hand to help him to his feet.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 18th Sep, 2015 - 3:33am

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.