Rennie Mohammed Kidnap Victim

Rennie Mohammed Kidnap Victim - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Mar, 2007 - 2:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Kidnap Victim 2007
11th Mar, 2007 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Rennie Mohammed

I was shocked tonight to be listening to the news about my friend Rennie Mohammed, being kidnapped! From what I understand he was abducted by three men after hiring a 'PH' car to take him home. He was held for ransom somewhere in Curepe, a call was placed and the kidnappers demanded money be placed in a garbage bin - this is where the police nabbed one of them and then the two others today. Good work on the police - sad for Rennie Mohammed.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Mar, 2007 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Victim Kidnap Mohammed Rennie

CLOSE CALL
Brother of CCN reporter kidnapped

He had gone liming with friends in Port of Spain and when he left them early he asked the driver of a white Corolla hatchback plying for hire in the vicinity of the San Juan taxi-stand on Independence Square, Port of Spain, if he was available for hire, according to his sister. The Corolla was later discovered by police to a be a stolen vehicle, she added.
Read more: https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161114690

11th Mar, 2007 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Rennie Mohammed Kidnap Victim Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Hi JB, I'm so glad to hear that your friend has been found, and is now safe!
I can't believe how awful these kidnappings are in Trinidad and also how many of them are occurring!
I believe that Rennie is one of the fortunate ones, and his life is safe. I would imagine that it's going to take a lot to get over the trauma of a horrible ordeal like this though.

11th Mar, 2007 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

My heart pumps as I read the newspaper article. Rennie is such a nice guy and I am really saddened by this horrible experience he went through. I just cannot imagine how terrified he must have felt. Just like his sister, TV reporter Sasha Mohammed said they are now targeting "normal" folks and that's a very scary thing. I am very frightened by this situation.

11th Mar, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

JB I am sorry to hear about your friend Rennie. Did you hear if he is ok physically? I know mentally it will take him a while to get over this nightmare.
I do worry about you and your family in Trinidad.
Paintingblue

12th Mar, 2007 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

I am yet to actually speak with him, but I have spoken with those who have talked with him earlier in the day and they said he is fine now, but traumatized by the whole affair. Hopefully I will get on to him tomorrow.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Mar, 2007 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

Update: The three men accused of kidnapping Rennie still in custody up to last night. I really hope they are charged, so far it does not seem so unless anyone interpret the article in another way? There are so many cases where they just walk out free. I certainly hope this is not the case.

THREE men held in connection with the Friday night kidnap of Rennie Mohammed, the brother of CCN journalist, Sasha Mohammed, remained in police custody up to last night.

Rennie, 37, was abducted on Friday night when he hired a car at the San Juan taxi-stand and asked to be taken to his relative's home at Aranjuez.

The driver picked up another man (his cohort) who upon entering the car told Mohammed-at gunpoint-that he could not exit the vehicle.

A series of phone calls to Mohammed's relatives threatening them into handing over cash in exchange for Mohammed's life followed.

The kidnappers were arrested early Saturday morning when the man detailed to pick up the ransom money was grabbed by the police.

14th Mar, 2007 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Rennie Mohammed Kidnap Victim Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I finally spoke with Reenie today and although he said he was physically fine he was mentally shaken. He has tried to resume normal activities, but does not speak about it with anyone, especially not his work associates for which they understand.

I am hoping to meet with him tomorrow to offer what little support I can. He did seem to look forward to that as we had not conversed in awhile since the birth of my second son.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Rennie Mohammed Kidnap Victim

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,