Suriname Mormons

Suriname Mormons - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Suriname Suriname Latter-Day Saints
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Suriname Mormons

Suriname Mormons

Name: Mike Fisk

Comments: "I thought I had better update you on the information involving Suriname and the missionary work going on there. I can't give you numbers of baptisms, because there is always some happening. I do know that during the year 1997 Suriname had about 35 baptisms, and during the first 3 months of 1998, they had many more than that, and so far this year has been very fruitful with families coming into the church. For any missionary's who have been there who might read this, the Ritfields from Lelydorp were finally married and baptized at the end of September 1998. This was a great accomplishment, and the missionary's are hoping that now great things will happen in Lelydorp, which was formally opened to the work during this past summer. They are hoping to start a branch there. There are currently about 12 missionary's serving in Suriname, with church approval for 14. This is an increase of 4 Elders. There is also always a couple in Suriname, who help take care of all of the details of running a mission in Suriname, since Elder Mason only gets down there about every 6-8 weeks. They have started pulling one missionary out of Suriname and sending him to work in Trinidad, so everyone will get the chance to work in Trinidad while they are serving. When my son was in Trinidad earlier this year, he really loved serving in Arima, and they had a lot of success. The other news from Suriname is that the church has approved and bought land for a chapel, which should be started sometime soon. This will help the effort of the Elders greatly.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Suriname

Name: Janet Ortgiesen

Comments: Currently, there is one missionary from the branch serving in Jamaica, and another young man waiting to turn 19 so he can serve. This past August, a sister came to Salt Lake and received her temple endowments. This is the first and only women in Suriname to have had to opportunity to go through the temple. It was an exciting time for her, as she also received her patriarchal blessing from the Church Patriarch. The work is progressing quickly in Suriname, any further questions, please let me know, and I will try to find out exact numbers from my son and tell you how the branch is growing.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Suriname Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Carlo J. Bos

Comments: Thanks for maintaining such a great mission site! I have served in the Trinidad and Tobago mission. Served in: Suriname (Paramaribo, Lelydorp). Years served: 1991 - 1993.

On the Suriname link it said that Lelydorp was just barely opened, but that is not entirely true. Elder Brad Wood and I lived and served in that area for 6 months. After us at least 2 more sets of elders served there. I was there with Elder Steve Frandson, and also Elder Jeffery Frink. Elder Brad Wood and Elder Lance Burbank opened that area if I recall it correctly. We met in the school class room, and had an avarage attendance of about 30. We had people bussed al the way from reeberg. Sometimes we would pick them up ourselves if we had access to the Isuzu Trooper. Most of the roads are dirt roads and get verry muddy in the raining seasons. Also many suriname people live in the Netherlands and have received their endowments before missionary work officially started there with the Limburg couple. We also had a missionary leave from Suriname in 1994 or 1995, I don't recall exactly which year it was. The Lewises, Elder Frandson, my sister and I met him here in Salt Lake before he left on his mission. Elder Frandson took us all out 4 wheelin up Provo canyon, and the Lewises then took us all to see the Manti Pagent, after a visiting the Manti temple.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Suriname

Name: Jeff Frink

Comments: "Hey its nice to know that things are still going good down there. In fact it sounds like it is going better than ever. That makes me so happy. It made my day, well maybe my year to find this web site and hear what is happening in my mission. It made me feel so good to hear about Suriname. I laughed and cried."

> TOPIC: Suriname Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,