Windows 10 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2016 - 5:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Windows 10
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2014 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Windows 10

Windows 10

Microsoft on Tuesday lifted the veil on the next version of Windows: Windows 10. Ref. USAToday

Note: How To Disable Windows Update

Windows 10
Windows 10 (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
11th Oct, 2014 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Windows

I'm still going to use Windows 8. Windows 10 trying to cater for so many platforms is bound to be really buggy and probably more expensive that its predecessors.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2015 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Windows 10 Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Windows 10, HoloLens could make Microsoft 'cool' again

Like a smartphone or tablet upgrade, Microsoft's new operating system will be available as a free update for anyone using Windows 8.1. The company also introduced HoloLens, a virtual reality-like headset. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2015 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Windows

Windows 10 to arrive July 29

Windows 10 arrives July 29, but Microsoft wants you to reserve a copy in advance. Ref. Source 3a

1st Jun, 2015 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Windows

I saw the preorder icon in my system tray and I was wondering what it was all about. I don't understand the preorder bit, shouldn't it just come as an update?

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2015 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Windows 10

5 secrets to make you fall in love with Windows 10

Switch to Windows 10? Here are some tips to offer you a better experience. Ref. Source 7f

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2016 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Windows 10

Well I bought a laptop with windows 8 on it, used it for a while then upgraded to windows 10. There were some initial issues but it all sorted out and now I am almost forget how windows 8 was. I heard it somewhere...Windows 10 is how Windows 8 should have been.

P.S. I am very suspicious of Microsoft giving it for free though and they have removed some drivers (I can't understand why) so some things are not auto-detected like they should. I mean isn't that one of Windows strong points (Plug and play)?

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2016 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Windows 10
A Friend

Windows 10 Computer Issues & Video Gaming

international QUOTE (lordryoko @ 10-Jan 16, 1:06 AM)
...I heard it somewhere...Windows 10 is how Windows 8 should have been.

P.S. I am very suspicious of Microsoft giving it for free though...

... and they have removed some drivers (I can't understand why) so some things are not auto-detected like they should. I mean isn't that one of Windows strong points (Plug and play)?

I've upgraded all our PCs to Windows 10. Some were running 7, some 8. I think we have about 7 PCs?

You are right to be suspicious of Microsoft for "Giving it away" - they have implemented a vast array of data collection features basically obliterating anything resembling privacy for you. Of course, they pledge to keep this data "Secure" and not to misuse it, but I think mostly they're relying on you being either too lazy to actually read the Terms and Conditons, or, to just not care enough to deter you from the "Free" upgrade.

Perhaps they even made Windows 8 annoying on purpose so people would be more ready to swallow Microsoft's Windows 10 pill?

As far as missing drivers, I've actually had ALL my previous issues with devices resolved by installing Windows 10. It's been practically flawless and smooth going on all 7 PCs I've put it on and some of them are several years old or older. I had a WiFi adapter that kept getting shut off even though I disabled every single power saving related feature in the Control Panel. Now that I've put Windows 10 on that PC, no more headaches, it just works.

My wife doesn't seem to have much care about politics and about her only privacy related concern is not having pictures of her or our kids published publicly, so I haven't been too concerned about privacy issues with her using Windows 10.

For myself however, I simply don't want to be a "Data source" and I don't really want ANY companies storing any personal/private details about me such as my political or religious views, email content, etc. So, I have run a third party script which basically blocks all relevant data collection between my PC and Microsoft's numerous "Cloud" servers and data collection servers.

This means that I can't use "Cortana" (Microsoft's version of Siri) and I can't benefit from a variety of security features that rely on this data exchange/collection. But, until some new laws are passed in favor of consumer privacy rights which force corporations to allow functionality of such apps without users granting them the right to retain private details about them, that's the side of compromise that I'll stay on.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Windows 10

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,