Will Coding Be Required In The Future? - Page 3 of 3

I [don't know] about required but - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 6th Dec, 2019 - 7:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Will Coding Be Required In The Future?
A Friend

Will Coding Be Required In The Future? - Page 3

Depends on how you handle it. All computers have firmware at their heart. Mostly it handles the way core processes are handled, and allows the operating system to load up.

Setting things up so that the firmware cannot be altered by the OS without outside help is simple (In fact until recently that's how normally is). Setting it up so that the firmware imposes certain limitations on our theoretical AI is less simple, but doable.

Of course with that in mind, if we ever get to the point that the AI can be considered sapient, this would be the digital equivalent of shoving mind control chips into a human's brain. Not exactly an ethical idea, even if there is good reason for it.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:59pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Future The Required Coding Will

Daishain,

I see your point. To me, I think AI is one very small step from sapient. Once something is intelligent it will start to think… I think. Then it will be sapient or perhaps sentient. Once that happens, then anything could happen.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Will Coding Be Required In The Future? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Common misconception. Nearly every advanced critter on earth is sentient, which simply refers to the ability to experience sensations.

Partly because the media keeps screwing up the usage of that word, people commonly use the word Sentient in place of Sapient.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Mar, 2017 - 7:14pm

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Future The Required Coding Will

Got it and I was under the same misconception. But I guess as a sapient being I can be schooled *smile* I just hope the sapient AI of the future can be too!

6th Dec, 2019 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Future The Required Coding Will

I [don't know] about required but it's a possibility. They come out with something new everyday so it wouldn't be too [surprising].

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Will Coding Be Required In The Future?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,