How To Survive Carjacking

How Survive Carjacking - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Mar, 2017 - 6:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2015 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

How to Prevent and Survive a Carjacking

Former NYPD detective shows pitfalls car owners make to turn their... Ref. Video: Source 7

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2015 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Carjacking Survive How

One of the things he mentioned was not having your both hands full of bags that you can't react. To anything. Maybe having one of those foldable carts might help.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How To Survive Carjacking History & Civil Business Politics

I have not experienced a attempted car jacking but if I did the person would be hurting pretty badly. I may be dead too but who knows. The best thing I can tell people is to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Lock your car whenever you get out of it even if it is to pump gas. When approaching your car walk around it to make sure no one is around. Plus this habit will allow you to see if you car has been damaged in any way.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Carjacking Survive How

I always check the back seat before getting in. As others have mentioned be aware of your surroundings. Be aware of people that seem to be going out of their way to approach you. Also be very careful if someone accidentally rear ends you. I've seen where people do that intentionally. Then when the innocent person stops they are carjacked or worse. They like to do this away from public areas. It's sad that a person has to be so aware of these possibilities but that is the world we live in.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Carjacking Survive How

Yes people will do all they can to car jack if they find someone they want to take. Yes being very away for you surroundings is a great start. Checking the back seat is also a good start. One should get in the habit of walking around your vehicle because as soon as you unlock the doors someone beside your car can jump in with you and thus carjacked or worse.

If you are one that is bumped from the rear do not get out of your car do not unlock your door until the police arrive. If they take off try to get the plate number, color, and make of vehicle.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Also, be aware of your surroundings while you are driving and especially as you come to a stop. Don't pull up right on the tail of the car in from of you, leave yourself room to react and maneuver. Also, play mental games when you stop by thinking what would I do if someone jumped out of the car in front of me and ran towards my car. Of what about the same if it was the car behind me. How about someone running at me from the sidewalk. Remember, don't be afraid to hit another car to get more people involved if they aren't already. That makes it more dangerous/conspicuous for anyone tryin got jack your car.

Lastly, remember these letters… O O D A. Those letters are for the OODA loop. That loop stands for observe, orient, decide, and act. Everyone does this when confronted by a new situation. It takes time to do this. A way to shorten that time and possibly save your life in a situation where seconds matter is to play the mental game I talked about above. Why? Because while you are playing that game you are making decisions and if you ever get in that situation or something even vaguely similar you won't have to decide… you'll just act because it's already in your head. You've already thought about it or practiced it. Sure, it'll take you time and you'll have to play the game a lot… but we all have the time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2017 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Survive Carjacking

If you are carjacked and you can not get out of your vehicle still fight. You options may have been reduced some but shifting the car out of gear turning the ignition off. Grabbing the wheel and causing them to lose control of the car are just a few of the things you can do to help get yourself out of the car or make them jump out to get away too.

> TOPIC: How To Survive Carjacking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,