Ceres - Dwarf Planet - Page 2 of 2

Bright areas on Ceres suggest geologic activity. - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 15th Dec, 2017 - 7:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Discuss  Ceres,Dwarf Planet
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Ceres - Dwarf Planet
A Friend

Ceres - Dwarf Planet - Page 2

What would be interesting is if we could pull this planetoid into the goldilocks zone between earth and mars and possibly make it a habitual planet that we can colonize and be a way station between mars and earth. If it shows to have a atmosphere that will help or if it can hold a atmosphere that would be better.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Ceres - Dwarf Planet
A Friend

Planet Dwarf Ceres

Well, I think if it has water then I think it has what is needed to make an atmosphere. The issue will be if it has enough of a gravitational pull to hold an atmosphere… and word the answer is probably no. But if we had the technology to pull or move a planet, even one as small as this wouldn't be something. Maybe we can use that negative mass substance in another thread to develop an engine that could move this planetoid.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Ceres - Dwarf Planet
A Friend

Ceres - Dwarf Planet UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

We have the engines already that can move a planet or a planetoid. Every time a rocket is launched from the earth it is a tug of war to see if the rocket moves or the earth moves *smile* You need more than just gravitational pull to have and maintain a atmosphere you need to have something that is going to block the solar wind to protect the atmosphere or it will strip it right off.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Ceres - Dwarf Planet
A Friend

Page 2 Planet Dwarf Ceres

KN,

I didn't know that about the solar winds. What blocks them from stripping our atmosphere? Is this something I need to worry about?

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Ceres - Dwarf Planet
A Friend

Planet Dwarf Ceres

Our magnetosphere is what protects us from the solar wind that is what gives us the northern lights. They are the solar winds trying to get through to strip our atmosphere. I think this is why Mars has such a think atmosphere due to it not having good protection from the solar wind. We have a lot of protections in place to help us stay safe here on this planet.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Ceres - Dwarf Planet
A Friend

Ceres - Dwarf Planet

Good, this is all new to me. I really didn't know much about this subject. This is great to add to my repertoire of minutiae.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ceres Dwarf Planet - Page 2

Dawn spacecraft explores dwarf planet Ceres' interior evolution. Surface features on Ceres -- the largest world between Mars and Jupiter -- and its interior evolution have a closer relationship than one might think. A recent study analyzed Ceres' surface features to reveal clues about the dwarf planet's interior evolution. Source 6g.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2017 - 7:10am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ceres Dwarf Planet Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Bright areas on Ceres suggest geologic activity. If you could fly aboard NASA's Dawn spacecraft, the surface of dwarf planet Ceres would generally look quite dark, but with notable exceptions. These exceptions are the hundreds of bright areas that stand out in images Dawn has returned. Now, scientists have a better sense of how these reflective areas formed and changed over time -- processes indicative of an active, evolving world. Source 3s.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ceres - Dwarf Planet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,