Managing Intelligent Monsters In Role-Playing Games - Page 3 of 3

I try to play intelligent monsters like I - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 11th Sep, 2017 - 5:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2016 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Managing Intelligent Monsters In Role-Playing Games
A Friend

Managing Intelligent Monsters In Role-Playing Games - Page 3

Intelligence would also state that Monsters would not be habitual campers or those that only stay in their lair.

Make "Wandering" Monsters or "Random" Encounters have a purpose. Foraging/Hunting at a common location whose route to it requires the PCs to cross it. Armed Patrols would be alerted by the sounds of fighting in the castle.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2016 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games Role-Playing Monsters Intelligent Managing

Indeed. I actually had a group argue with me over this. I had the guards they snuck past earlier join the fray when the party started a noisy combat just down the hall. Apparently they thought the sounds of swords clashing and men screaming would be assumed to be practice drills, in the dead of the night…

27th Nov, 2016 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Managing Intelligent Monsters In Role-Playing Games Reviews RPG & Card Board

The worst is having the boss monster just siting there waiting instead of taking evasive measures. When you think about it most bosses will try to make a run for it when the odds are not in their favor.

19th Mar, 2017 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Games Role-Playing Monsters Intelligent Managing

A really good monster will not take on a party by itself and will escape if losing only to return with reinforcements. This is the proper way to play intelligently for me.

11th Sep, 2017 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Monsters Intelligent Managing

One of the best ways to show a monster's intelligence is personality. If the only interaction characters have with the monster is to attack then it won't help the intelligence factor. Monsters need some charisma, catchy lines of their own and things like that.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Some of the hardest role playing is intelligent monsters as they would plan and flee when it is going bad to live to fight another day. I usually do something like this. Unless they are cornered.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Managing Intelligent Monsters Role-Playing Games - Page 3

I try to play intelligent monsters like I was them. I lay a plan and see what the characters do, and then I modify my plan depending on their actions. I will definitely retreat intelligent monsters to seek reinforcements if available. If not, I'll route them out of the area. That is, unless they are intelligent and fearless, and then I will fight them to the end, using terrain to their advantage if possible.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 11th Sep, 2017 - 5:55pm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Managing Intelligent Monsters In Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,