Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 
4th Jun, 2015 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

RPG Regrets

You ever had a regret in a Role-playing Game that you wish you could change? Some examples are making a wrong move with your character, forgetting to put your actions and the game moves on without you or for the real tabletop games, bringing someone who just starts to be a nuisance because they don't really want to play so everyone is looking at you to 'do' something about it but you don't want to hurt the feelings of the person you invited.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2015 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Regrets RPG

I have been in one of those situations where I was not able to continue my character's role in some of the Role-playing Games and usually when I'm back he either dies or he had suffered a lot during the time. Of course I always regret about it, but I guess at the end, it's all your choice on how you handle the circumstances.

4th Jun, 2015 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

RPG Regrets Reviews RPG & Card Board

I had that happen to me once or twice but luckily at the time it wasn't anything major. Usually if I know we're in the middle of a battle I tend to keep track a little bit better than if we're just talking around town or something.

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2015 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

RPG Regrets
A Friend

Regrets RPG

My greatest regret in gaming led to the dissolution of my gaming group. I was playing in a traditional "Save the world" Game of 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons. The campaign had become a bit stale, and the Dungeon Master was losing steam rapidly. However, near the end, my character found the phylactery (Soul-housing) of the Big Bad Evil Guy of the game. My character was a Lawful Evil wizard, he was a powerful source of evil magic, and he controlled my character pretty easily. He wanted the party to think they had destroyed him, so we short-cut the campaign by months by my character "Figuring out" How to destroy the BBEG's minions and lock away his body. The group did NOT know I was in possession of the enemy's mind and essence. When the campaign ended, after they had all felt they had won, I revealed the truth; not only had they NOT defeated the enemy for real, but my character would grow to become a tyrant and rule the world. Under his "Benevolent" Rule, he'd control new generations of adventurers, not allowing blatant evil to spread but making sure crusaders of true faith came to a sticky end. I wanted to show off how devious the Dungeon Master was; I also, shamefully, wanted to show off how I had "Won". The other players were stung pretty badly. This was the beginning of the end of the group. With a bit more humility, perhaps one of my longest-lasting groups would still be together today.

So sayeth Omnus.

7th Jun, 2015 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Regrets RPG

That's an amazing story, too bad they didn't celebrate your diabolical plans but I guess they felt like they were playing against the Dungeon Master and you so they were 'heartbroken'?

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2015 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

RPG Regrets
A Friend

RPG Regrets

There should be no regrets.

Even the amazing story above, in his place, and knowing it would be the end of the group, I would probably did exactly what he did. This is role play at its best!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2015 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

RPG Regrets
A Friend

RPG Regrets

Try to see it from their viewpoint; they're good folks and pretty good players. They had been participants in a campaign for a few years, and I had taken away their sense that they had completed their goals. There is no greater regret I have ever felt in a game than when I damaged the respect my friends had for me out of game. It just wasn't worth it.

10th Jun, 2015 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

RPG Regrets Board Card & RPG Reviews

Omnusi, did it reach the point where they don't talk to you anymore or just not include you in any future games?

For me, regrets, I have no regrets. Others may have regrets when trying to interact with my audacious characters wink.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: RPG Regrets

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,