Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 4 of 13

Name: Sean Comments: I suffer from depression - Page 4 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 6th Oct, 2015 - 5:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »
Best of  Autism & Role-playing Games RPGs for those on the Autism Spectrum. If you are autistic does being in a role-playing setting help with social skills? Does participating in online play by post methods allow a release?
11th Aug, 2015 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 4

What many people do not understand about autism is the way we think may not be the way we act. Its like having a different person on the inside and outside is another person. What I am saying is role playing is something we face everyday as we try to act the a certain way that will be acceptable for everyone.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2015 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Dan: If it was not for role-playing games I think my social interaction with people would be a lot worse than it already is. I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome at age 40. When I was a kid they mistook my autism with ADHD and social anxiety disorder. It was a living hell for me to be around people. For some reason gaming pulled me out of my shell. Gamers seem to be less judgmental I guess.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2015 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Health & Special Psychology

Name: Seth

Comments: Very interesting read. What qualities of a game system do you feel lend themselves better to promoting a positive experience?

11th Sep, 2015 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Games Role-Playing and Autism

The game system is merely the excuse to bring the person with autism out of their world into the next and hopefully ours.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2015 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Seth

Comments: In that sense do you think "Story games" That often have a more social interaction bases built into the mechanics could be more or less effective?

11th Sep, 2015 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Autism & Role-Playing Games

Depends on the person - no two people on the spectrum are the same however a need to 'communicate' through or in character is a good excuse to help them reach out.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2015 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 4

Name: Samuel

Comments: Role-Playing Games also help develop a lot of skills needed later. Like micromanaging, creativity, time management, among other things. I'd recommend to any gamer that they should play at least a tabletop Role-playing Game at least once in their life. Hopefully they should find a decent game master.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2015 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Psychology Special & Health - Page 4

Name: Sean

Comments: I suffer from depression and a growing social anxiety. The depression started when I was 10, and I started gaming when I was 11. Gaming has been an outlet for 32 years now. I can't imagine my life without gaming.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Autism & Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,