Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 10 of 13

Name: Louis Comments: I can vouch about that. - Page 10 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Oct, 2016 - 3:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Best of  Autism & Role-playing Games RPGs for those on the Autism Spectrum. If you are autistic does being in a role-playing setting help with social skills? Does participating in online play by post methods allow a release?
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 10

Name: Stephen

Comments: My 5-year-old son is on the spectrum and we are gamers. We played No Thank You Evil with him and he loves it. He played a dolphin with a shark attached to it with lasers. Best character ever.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Justin

Comments: I'm not diagnosed, but fairly certain I'm on the spectrum. Board games and tabletop Role-playing Game's have been a great help. I'm generally socially incapable and can't deal with people, but you put a game on the table and I can run the show.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2016 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Health & Special Psychology

Name: Kodier

Comments: Thanks for sharing smile.gif I really do want to see storytelling come to the forefront of child development. The freedom it gives a parent to kind of curate exposure is remarkable. I always wondered how much studies would benefit taping sessions with children roleplaying, and watching their development as a group and as an individual.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2016 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Page 10 Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Matthew

Comments: I know a lot of people on the spectrum and they all play roleplaying games, either because I introduced them to Role-playing Games, or because they discovered them by themselves. I'm not going to speak on their behalf as to why they appeal so much, but I will say that I wish some of the other people we play with were more tolerant of their unusual behaviours at the table.

30th Sep, 2016 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Some people are very intolerant but they don't know how odd they look to others because of their intolerance. It takes a genuine person to help someone in need rather than just being self-centered.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2016 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Autism & Role-Playing Games

Name: ChinaCatFish

Title: not on the spectrum…

Comments: not sure what I am, actually - autism was dismissed simply because I was articulate for my age and could dress myself in a manner acceptable to adults, and my parents gave up looking for an explanation in favor of trying to figure out what worked best for me besides leaving me alone with my books.

I've been role-playing since I was 12, and pretty much everything I understand about humans comes from either science fiction/fantasy writers, or experiments within the safe boundaries of the gaming table.

Learning when to fight and when to run, when to shoot first and when to offer assistance… how to figure out the safest way to do just about anything… when and how to negotiate just about everything… seriously good stuff to know.

That my specialized insights and skill set had value?

Literally priceless.

Gaming gave me a reason to stay in school, helped me learn to socialize casually in college, helped me present well in job interviews (Survive the initiation tests and vigil of the Knights Templar 'in character', no boss will ever be able to intimidate you) ultimately led me to meeting a guy who also loved books, and ethics, and painstaking detail…

So thank you for seeing the potential, and running with it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2016 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 10

Name: Tad

Comments: I've been running Role-playing Games for my 2 autistic sons & their friends for years. Its been very effective for them in developing social skills. It's also really fun!

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2016 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Psychology Special & Health - Page 10

Name: Louis

Comments: I can vouch about that. I am autistic and I have developed much from Role-playing Game games. I am able to talk more, though I have a long ways to go.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Autism & Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,