Right Amount Of Role-Players

Right Amount Role-players - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2015 - 3:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: What do you think is the right number of players for an RPG?
  1-2       0.00%
  3-4       23.81%
  5-6       52.38%
  6-8       19.05%
  9-11       4.76%
  12-14       0.00%
  15+       0.00%
Total Votes: 21
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Enough Players, More RPGers, How many players should be in a role-playing game?game?
25th Jun, 2015 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Some Dungeon Masters may have a preference to this, what's yours? When it gets to be too many people it must be hard to control regardless to live or Play By Post. Probably in LARP it doesn't matter although you might need an equal number of the enemy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2015 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Role-Players Amount Right

To me it does not matter really you having a nice mix of characters is a good way to make a game go smoother. I have done role play with one character all the way up to 14 characters at a time. I can tell you that he more characters and the more people it does get interesting at times.

3rd Jul, 2015 - 9:23am / Post ID: #

Right Amount Of Role-Players Reviews RPG & Card Board

6-8 is probably best, and I'm more thinking about 8 that way if someone has to leave for an emergency there still will b a significant number of players to carry on the campaign.

5th Jul, 2015 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

In my opinion the best number is a couple more than you planned because if anyone was to leave, as has already been suggested, then you will still have a full compliment.

17th Jul, 2015 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

In a Play By Post environment you get people coming and going all the time because the commitment isn't there like it is if you were in person so you should have 25% more players than you really want to have.

20th Jul, 2015 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

I've experienced in my current game a player leaving and a player joining while adventuring. For sure you should always have more than less because some players have unexpected life commitments. I agree with Hunter, if this were live role-playing people will be embarrassed to go and come without any commitment.

Reconcile Edited: Txtrpg on 20th Jul, 2015 - 12:57am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2015 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Right Amount Role-Players

My rule is more based on player experience and the challenge level of the session.

The more serious the challenge level, the more experienced players are needed.

The more light hearted and easy going the session, the less you need experienced players.

The average number of players I suggest is 6 to 8. Which allows for a serious 4 player session and an easy going 12 player session.

Good discussion. I would be curious to know how many active players a Dungeon Master/GM has been able to maintain through a campaign.

22nd Sep, 2015 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Right Amount Role-Players Board Card & RPG Reviews

international QUOTE
...how many active players a Dungeon Master/GM has been able to maintain through a campaign.

From experience on here as a player the real core of this community always comes down to between 2-3 players of the game. I'm talking super dedicated through storms and earthquakes dedicated. The rest come and go and keep the game at around 4-6 sometimes. When you get bigger than that the rest fall off early. Hopefully you won't be one of the ones in the 4-6 count. wink.gif

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Right Amount Of Role-Players

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,