Right Amount Of Role-Players - Page 4 of 4

Name: Hobgoblin Country: Comments: I like - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 7th May, 2018 - 2:01pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 7 27 52 Why Join Help
Support Future Terra II Project
+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: What do you think is the right number of players for an RPG?
  1-2       0.00%
  3-4       25.00%
  5-6       50.00%
  6-8       20.00%
  9-11       5.00%
  12-14       0.00%
  15+       0.00%
Total Votes: 20
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Enough Players, More RPGers, How many players should be in a role-playing game?game?
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,410
Avg: 7.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 9,238.16 FP
Charm: 390

Right Amount Of Role-Players - Page 4

Having a party marching order and knowing where everyone was by using something to show were they were and where the enemy was at. It can get very complicated quickly.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

Member Member
[?] CPosts: 54
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.5%
[+] Gain: 40.15 FP
Charm: 3

Role-Players Amount Right

As role-playing fits more and more computer systems I think bigger groups can be formed if everyone has a tablet. The Dungeon Master can track everyone in the party easily.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja
Right Amount Of Role-Players
A Friend

Right Amount Of Role-Players Reviews RPG & Card Board

Yes, I think you are correct in this. I think it'll also help to make the game more visual as tools are created to display maps, combat, positioning, etc. But there will still be a max and I'm not sure where that max is. Ten maybe?

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2017 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Premium + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 970
Avg: 10.3 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 1,688.68 FP
Charm: 130

Page 4 Role-Players Amount Right

My game has been running pretty consistently at nine players. I've been able to handle it with some tools not usually available at a table, and people seem to think the game does well. But there has been some strain, both on myself and the group.

I think it would be possible to go well above ten players, but they'd need to work quite well together without much intercession, and I would expect increasing problems as the number goes up.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 12th Sep, 2017 - 1:09am

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2017 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,410
Avg: 7.8 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 9,238.16 FP
Charm: 390

Role-Players Amount Right

Anytime you get more than two people the chance of players not getting along starts to go up. Character interaction can be interesting at times. I have not yet found a good number that I can handle or would want to handle.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2017 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Abnninja
A Friend

Agreed Daishain… everyone has an idea of what they want to do and what their character is or isn't and sometimes friction erupts over the smallest of things. I guess I know that! I would think the more players the greater the chance of this happening.

Post Date: 7th May, 2018 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Right Amount Role-Players

Name: Hobgoblin

Comments: I like small groups of 3-6 players. Small groups make things more fun and interchangeable because you get to know the players as a person and their player styles. The game moves lots faster too. Larger groups take long to do simple tasks because there is always someone who is not ready to move forward. rolleyes.

Guest please SHARE: "Right Amount Of Role-Players" on:

+  1 2 3 4 
Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Right Amount Of Role-Players Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Right Amount Of Role-Players

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

RPG Info

Latest Game Topics

Highlights

Text RPG Character Creator: This custom program is the foundation of how all the RPGs function here. By JB 28th Jun, 2018 - 1:03pm
Looking For Committed Game Masters For JB's Boards: If you are a committed Game Master then you might like to share your skills! By JB 4th Jun, 2018 - 12:25am
Over Reliance On The Game Master To Have Fun: The Game Master only creates the setting, you decide how to have fun in it! By KNtoran 7th May, 2018 - 8:04pm
Players Waiting On Players Syndrome: As a Player you can take the initiative in a game, do not be shy. By JoePublic 7th May, 2018 - 2:01pm
RPG Etiquette: Do you think there should be a standard, is there a standard? By play by post 22nd Dec, 2017 - 7:40pm
What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?: When you come here to role-play what are you expecting from the game? By KNtoran 10th Sep, 2017 - 3:16am
Can One Player And A Game Master Carry A Game?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By OrkSlobber 10th Sep, 2017 - 12:28am
Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 9th Sep, 2017 - 11:05pm
Text RPG Creator Character Switching: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 14th Apr, 2016 - 11:47am
Dependable RPG Players: When you go to war do you want a fellow soldier or flaker on your side? By JB 6th Jan, 2016 - 10:10pm

Updated every: 59 minutes