Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review - Page 3 of 7

The ruleset is new to me, however sci fi is - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 12th Nov, 2015 - 10:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Aericsteele's Traveller  - Mongoose Campaign Review Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review
8th Nov, 2015 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review - Page 3

I apologize, I should not have assumed you knew what I meant by Session-0. By this I mean it is the planning session that takes place before the actual game where the players and the GM discuss what kind of game they would like to play, the rules/optional rules that they want to use, the setting, the character they would like to play, etc. This allows me as the GM to sort of form the game around the players involved rather than dictating the setting/style to them. So it may be a good idea to hide the character creation thread until I can get all of this sorted out with the players that are interested, and this thread would probably be the best place to do that I suppose.

I would probably want to use three threads if possible: The Main Role-playing Game thread, Character Creation, and a thread for game coordination. Questions, rules, and other Out of Character: "Chatter."

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2015 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Mongoose Traveller Aericsteeles

international QUOTE (Aericsteele)
...this thread would probably be the best place to do that I suppose

Yes, because your game has not started. Once it has then this Thread will only be for Reviews of your Role-playing Game .

international QUOTE
I would probably want to use three threads if possible...

All sounds good. I already removed your Creation Thread and sent you the text via Email in case you wanted to use it for your new requirements. You should also check out the Traveller Generator in the Character Sheet to see if it suits your needs (Should you want to use it)

I will be lowering the number of hours to Reply to a Post (When no one else has responded) to 6 rather than 12 at some point but even so it will not be enough via the route you are taking unless you make Character Creation a Role-playing Game of itself in that you Reply to their results in some fashion so as to allow them to continue. If you did that you would have to be timely with your Replies or they will take long to create their Character and each Reply would have to be creative enough that the Mods do not see it as Spam.

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2015 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller  - Mongoose Campaign Review
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

Hey guys! Heard you were looking for one more to get a game started. Count me in. Space the Final Frontier awaits.

12th Nov, 2015 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Review Campaign Mongoose Traveller Aericsteeles

Absolutely Malcolmshaw, I'm happy to see you show interest. So far it's just you and one other. I would like to see at least one or two more but in the meantime I would like to know what you and Omnusi would like to see from this campaign. There are several different campaign models that can be run with Traveller: Mercenaries, Trade, Exploration, to name a few. Do you have a particular model you would like to play in? Also, while Traveller has an established campaign setting in the Third Imperium, we could also do a more home brew style of game using the Traveller mechanics but creating our own setting. I would be good either way.

Hoping to see more interest in the near future from others, but until we answer what sort of campaign we want to establish and how we would like to see the character creation process played out I will hold off on posting the game threads. Normally I would not take this long to reply, but I was waiting to see if there was anymore interest in the hopes of having one or two others to help answer some the above questions so I held off for a little bit.

12th Nov, 2015 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Mongoose Traveller Aericsteeles

Aericsteele, some are joining to participate in your Role-playing Game . While it is good to have feedback first you may also wish to consider that if you have nothing in place as a base then the time between the feedback and putting up your Threads may cause a significant delay.

12th Nov, 2015 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review

Hey count me in too for a space pillage...er I mean adventure. But I am new to this play by post and I will be a rookie.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Mongoose Campaign Review - Page 3

I could crank up a character using CT and submit it for conversion to MgT, as I don't have Mongoose laying around yet (Budget keeps saying 'Naw, you need to get xxxx first before dumping more cash on Role-Playing Games...). Best I can do at the present.

Rulesets are arbitrary. The play's the thing. And yeah, I'm familiar with the Marches. I think EVERYBODY got their teeth wet there once upon a time...

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Mongoose Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

The ruleset is new to me, however sci fi is always a blast to play. I like exploration but am open to any setting.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,