Omnusi's Blog

Omnusi' S Blog - Public Member Blogs - Posted: 11th Nov, 2015 - 7:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Member Blog
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2015 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

Omnusi's Blog

Omnusi's Blog

A Blog opened for Member Omnusi as requested. Only Omnusi should post here others can use the Comment link to reply

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

Omnusi's Blog
A Friend

Blog Omnusis

My name is Rob, and this is my blog. For you to understand my perspective, you need to know a few things about me. I'll give you a few facts about me to introduce myself better.

My parents were indulgent, if not particularly wealthy. We were white middle-class Americans living, for much of my youth, in the relative wilds of rural Michigan. My father worked hard and long in a factory making dairy products, while my mother stayed home to raise my younger brother and myself. My father taught me to have a strong work ethic: being reliable and doing what is expected of you to earn your pay is important, no matter if it is not the most pleasant job. This is how I endure a job as a retail drone, providing for my own wife and son.. It's also a part of how I appreciate my gifts that allow me to work and earn a living; every day is a gift, every inconvenience and pain a payment against having the luxury of health and belonging to a society in which I have more freedom than possibly any other time in history.

My parents were not particularly religious. My father was a Lutheran in name only, while my mother was a non-practicing Catholic. When I was ten, however, they decided that I should be brought up with some religion in my life, and decided that I should start attending Catholic religious education. I had a lot of catching up to do, but I ground it out, finally leaving the public school I had gone to in favor of a seminary in the sophomore year of school (Year ten). The seminary was a liberal-arts school that covered a Catholic background for any students who wished to move on into the priesthood. Prior to entering this school, I had discovered what would become a love in my life - role-playing games, especially pencil-and-paper tabletop games like Dungeons & Dragons. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm for the games didn't serve me well in a climate where those games were demonized. Once I had confessed, in confidence, that I played and organized these kinds of games, I was told at years' end that I would not be able to continue there. There was more to it than that, but it was a big part of it. I did meet my best friend at the seminary, however, and we have stayed friends ever since.

The final event I will relate to you is the path my family life took when I left my father's home to go to college. My parents divorced when I was thirteen, an event which shook my entire world, as one might well imagine. I had always been awkward and uncomfortable with girls through high school, but I determined to reinvent myself for college. I moved three hours' drive from my parents to go to college in a neighboring state, which made me learn independence and responsibility for myself. I tried to get into various clubs, make more friends, and threw myself into gaming. At the on-campus job I had the summer after my freshman year, I met the woman who would eventually be my wife. She was my first girlfriend, and we dated for seven and a half years. I had to be certain that we would be able to make it work, remembering how my life was turned upside-down when my parents split up. We got married in the spring of 2001, and have done pretty well since. I know most people have a broken relationship in their past, a former boyfriend or spouse, but with care and commitment through temptation and difficulties, we've pulled through. I'm not bragging, but I am proud that we ave endured as we have.. With the luxury of stability in my home, I have the time to be philosophical and creative and the support of a wonderful family. I am truly blessed, and I hope I never take that for granted.

So now you know a few of the things that have formed me into who I am, I hope I have piqued your interest enough to read this blog to discover what floats across my mind when I get behind my keyboard. Until my next post, this is Omnusi, Thanks for reading!

> TOPIC: Omnusi's Blog

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,