Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

Aericsteele' S Traveller Main Rpg - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 26th Nov, 2015 - 4:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
15th Nov, 2015 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

The Referee relays...

Aericsteele's Traveller Main Role-playing Game

To create a character go to the character creation thread here

For questions regarding the setting, rules, etc. Or for other out of character interactions use the Miscellaneous thread. I don't mind some out of character chatter in the main Role-playing Game thread, but please try to keep it to a minimum.

General Information
Almost everything on the GM side in regards to the starting concept of the adventure was determined using random rolls from the charts taken on pages 81 & 82 in the Core Rulebook. I love charts and tables! So the initial patron, mission, mission target, and opposition were all determined by the roll of the dice and then fleshed out and expanded.

The characters will start off in possession of an old Free Trader (Pgs. 117 & 118 for deck plans and specs) named The Wildcard but they are free to rename her if they choose to. The characters have signed a sort of 'rent to own' agreement with the owner of the vessel and will be expected to make regular monthly payments of 132,5 Cr. Monthly maintenance generally comes to around another 3,048 Cr. On the plus side the owner is not charging interest on the mortgage and thus 100% of each monthly payment will go toward paying it off which means she will be owned outright in twenty years as opposed to the standard forty year mortgage agreements.

There is no question, even from a brief glance at her, that The Wildcard is an old and worn out ship. She has been around the Regina Subsector a few times and it didn't take long for problems to present themselves to the characters after her purchase. Her sensors are sporadic (Sensor checks are done with a -1DM), she has been broken apart and put back together several times with seemingly nothing more than spit, duct tape, and elbow grease (1DM to all repair attempts), and the ships insides have seen better days (3 structure points rather than 4). But, she still flies after more than forty years of hard service.

The setting will be the Third Imperium, Classic Era (15) and the characters will begin on Regina in the Spinward Marches. For setting information and reference use the links provided below:

Traveller Wiki
Regina Subsector
My notes for ALL Players
How you should Post in this Game

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
23rd Nov, 2015 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

CHAPTER 1: MAIDEN VOYAGE

The Wildcard sits docked at the Regina Orbital Facility, known by many as Regina Up-Town, a somewhat unusual facility in that it actually consists of two orbital facilities connected by a series of tunnels that the locals refer to as the warrens.

Though you may come from varied backgrounds you have known each other for some time, and in your respective retirements from your various fields you have decided to go into business together. You recently pooled what resources and assets you had and went in together on the mortgage of the Wildcard and after all the appropriate paperwork and red tape was dealt with the vessel finally awaits its new owners in an area known as the Starport Mall, an area where most of the facilities non-residents can be found along with the docks for liners and small commercial craft.

Various services and businesses can be found in the Starport Mall, and many visitors never leave its confines when on board the Up-Port. You find yourselves in a cozy bar tucked away in the Mall called the Dead Spacer, a bar known to cater largely to Scouts, independent merchants, and small package traders/couriers.

The Dead Spacer is what most would deem to be a middle class bar, it has its amenities, various screens throughout the place project sporting event holovids while others show local and galactic news or stock market/trade information though the volume on these images are muted to allow the patrons to enjoy the soft contemporary music as well as engage in conversation without the need to yell or raise voices.

The occasional clanging of silverware on plates and the clinking of glass as people toast to various achievements or to old friendships is heard over the low din of numerous conversations. Yours is among those conversations as you discuss your recent purchase and your future plans.

The cargo hold of the Wildcard is empty and as a crew you now have a few options ahead of you. You can attempt to test your skill and your luck in speculative trading in which case your first goal will be to find a supplier or broker. You can use the Wildcard to haul freight or mail which has a greater guarantee of payment though perhaps less lucrative than speculative trading. Available freight cargos can be found by accessing one of the numerous data terminals located throughout the mall, but one access point would already be available at the Dead Spacer.

The data terminals also display contact information for patrons seeking to employ mercenaries or crews of small craft for various tasks in exchange for decent pay though higher pay tends to mean higher risk as well. Everyone can introduce their characters and decide where you would like to go from here.

24th Nov, 2015 - 5:26am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

Maiokus sits and taps his fingers idly against his glass of whiskey while half-paying attention to the news hoping to catch up on current events. He wears a pair of gray cargo pants and his old black military style jacket. Underneath he wears a plain maroon shirt.

After a moment, he sighs and leans back, takes a sip of his drink and ventures to the crew, "Well, what do you guys think? We got a ship with an empty hangar and bills to pay. What should our first job be?"

He looks at everyone in turn, then glances around The Dead Spacer to see if he can spot any potentially friendly faces.

Out of Character: : As mentioned this is the first time I've done a play-by-post game so feel free to call me out if there is things I should be doing and am not. I'll try to follow the more experienced player's leads with posting. Cheers and happy to kick this off.

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 24th Nov, 2015 - 5:32am

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2015 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The "doc" Shuth sits quietly at the table wearing his somewhat white over coat. He watches people around the room to see who looks like the dangerous ones to try to avoid as he is not much of a fighter.

Yes we need to find something to do otherwise we will not be able to pay for this ship or get a better one.

25th Nov, 2015 - 11:03am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

This is The Cynic, over...

Maiokus nods his head in agreement.

In Character: : "Doc's right. The ship is a piece of crap. We gotta' get some guns on there, otherwise we're sitting ducks in space."

26th Nov, 2015 - 12:14am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Rebel over...

"Hauling other peoples freight isn't going to pay for weapons, and we need those alright. Freight barely pays fuel and food.. And with the cash we got left we'll be lucky to raise the funds speculating. I mean, we ought to do it, but that's a long game. We need a payday, hook up with a Patron. With luck someone will pay us to go where the cargo takes us."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Nov, 2015 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"I think you guys can work on that I will see if I can get a medical robot to assist me on the ship just in case."

Shuth gets up and head out of the bar to check what he can find in ways of medical robots.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2015 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs

Enerii kicks in his own decicred. "Biggest prob is going to be, we're stuck on the Main til we figure out how to get longer 'legs' or another ship. We'll be competing with every other brokedown bozo just like us. We're going to need an edge..."

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,