Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 13 of 149

In Character: : "Well the passengers - Page 13 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 6th Dec, 2015 - 3:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

+  « First of 149 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (149) »
Posts: 1191 - Views: 38022
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
6th Dec, 2015 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 13

The Referee relays...

002-1115
1930hrs


I will try to keep better track of time from here out.

Silvertongue
"No sir" Crane replies, his tone turning serious, "It really isn't about how many lives I'm willing to risk. I'm not sure you would care for the answer to that question. Am I willing to risk your lives? Absolutely I am, but we wouldn't be talking right now if you weren't willing to risk your lives for credits would we? You are the only ones who can place a price tag on the value of your lives in the end. If the price I've quoted is not worth the risk to you then walk away, use your ship to haul safer, less lucrative freight."

His smile returns "But again, I like you. I don't know what it is" he gesticulates, waving his hands and looking around as if searching for the answer "You rub me the right way I guess. We'll do 2,500cr per ton delivered safely. Final offer...I'll give you some time to talk it over with your crew and decide...if the juice is worth the squeeze." Chuckling, his jowls shaking again, he shakes his head and cuts the feed leaving a blank screen.

Out of Character: In order to track previous calls to Dr. Crane Shuth would need an Intrusion program installed (Cost is 1,000cr for Intrusion/1; 10,000cr for Intrusion/2; and 100,000cr. For Intrusion/3). As it stands the Wildcard only has Manuever/0 and Library/0, and Jump control/1 installed. Also Shuth is working on the Comms system until 2300hrs, he's pretty much used up all his actions/time for this day.

Krakrefr

Out of Character: I'm not entirely certain what your roll is for. Are you looking for freight, speculative trading, or possible alternative job offers? Regardless, finding a supplier for speculative trading (In this case online) will take 1-6 hours, but finding a black market supplier would take 1-6 days in order to work contacts and establish enough "Trust" to convince them to sell to you. Searching the Regina network for other other jobs would also take 1-6 hours depending on the results of a computer roll.

At any rate here is the freight lots available:
Incidental Lots: 2 tons Polymers; 6 tons special alloys; 2 tons paper records, 6 tons non-ferrous ore; 6 tons foodstuffs; 6 tons raw data (Biosamples); 6 tons records (Data)

Minor Lots: 30 tons explosives; 25 tons Nitrogen compounds; 25 tons raw data (Bio samples); 20 tons records (Paper); 15 tons food stuffs; 5 tons computer software; 25 tons food plants (Living); 20 tons animals (Living); 25 tons raw crystals; 20 tons petrochemicals

Major Lots: 10 Special alloys; 30 records (Paper) 40 tons Livestock (Living); 50 tons radioactive ore; 50 tons raw data (Data); 30 tons plants (Wood); 50 tons 3-D still pictures; 20 tons robotic software; 20 tons audio recordings.

You cannot break up lots, they have to be taken whole (I.e. Cant take 20 tons of the 40 tons of livestock, you have to take the entire lot) There is also a Mail container available for transport which takes up 5 tons of cargo space and pays 25,000cr. Upon safe delivery.

Njall

You are able to track down 25 potential passengers for low passage although you only have room for 20; travel in low berth for 1 parsec costs 1,000cr per passenger. The book refers to the process of finding passengers by saying

Attached Image QUOTE
Characters can attempt to seek out passengers using Carouse or Streetwise checks
which leads me to believe that this process is generally not as simple as listing it on a computer network (Based on the description of these skills), it requires some leg work so to speak. That being the case, please describe what this process would look like for Njall and Maoikus.

Out of Character: Maiokus' assistance gives you +1DM for a total of 6; a success on this roll would have added a dice modifier to the traffic value" equal to half the Effect. In this case, with a failed roll, it is determined in the following way: Starting with a value of 8 (Population rating of Regina), -1 modifier for Rich trade classification of current world, +4 modifier for Hi-pop destination world, and +1 modifier for Industrial destination world for a total of 12; rolled 6d6 on available passenger table on pg. 161 and received result of 25.

Attached Image Edited: Aericsteele on 6th Dec, 2015 - 5:35am



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2015 - 6:07am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

In Character: "You will have the cargo, when we get it. Should there be any complications, I will keep the cargo as payment."

With that Silvertongue cuts the Holovid and raises comms to the ship. "Well gents we are about 2,500cr per ton for the Doctor's substance. Let us be off as soon as possible."

6th Dec, 2015 - 8:05am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus attempts to identify where they could potentially pick up low berth passengers. He points Njall in the direction of places where transitory temporary housing and what kind of people to look for. Preferably those with some bits of luggage who appear to be on the lower end of economic spectrum.

Afterwards, he keys his comm and says "Do we have time to pick up any cargo heading towards our first destination?"



Post Date: 6th Dec, 2015 - 8:18am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Page 13 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Enerii finishes his kaff. "We still want to stuff the rest of the hold with some spec cargo. Empty space means lost cash opportunities. I've got about 35, 40k to kick in to the pot. Logic says, industrial precursors or maybe those polymers should go good on Ruie. What kind of price per ton we looking at?"

Attached Image Edited: Fusil on 6th Dec, 2015 - 8:19am

6th Dec, 2015 - 8:34am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus speaks into his throat mic, "These are just freight runs Enerii, so we don't need to pay up front if we decide to load up. Could take awhile to get loaded up. Should be about 1,000 credits per ton."

Out of Character: :

Attached Image QUOTE

Core Rule Book pg. 160
Characters not wishing to risk speculative trade can go for the safer option of shipping freight. Freight shipments pay Cr. 1,000 per ton for shipping a ton for one parsec, +200 Cr. Per additional parsec. Freight lots must be transported in their entirety, and come in three sizes:
• Major cargos are composed of 1d6 10 tons of freight.
• Minor cargos are composed of 1d6 5 tons of freight.
• Incidental cargos are composed of 1d6 tons of freight.
To determine the number of cargos available, add the destination planet’s Population value to the modifiers from the Freight Traffi c table, then consult the Freight Lots Available table.
A freight lot cannot be broken up. Cargo is paid for upon delivery, assuming it is delivered on time. Failing to deliver cargo on time reduces the amount paid by 1d6+4 10%.



6th Dec, 2015 - 11:05am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

Rebel over...

Njall will print out some flyers advertising the Wildcard as having the safest Low Berths, putting all of Shuths qualifications ( at Medic 4 he should use half the alphabet ) after his name and quite prominent ( from 5 feet the average person sees "Wildcard...Safest Low Berth...Dr. Shuth MD, FICS, DSM...". While they're printing look up the budget lodgings, fast food places and bars. Njall spruces up his appearance and heads to those parts of the Highport, looking for people who need cheap passage soon, as Maiokus advised. Njall picked up a bit of patter in his term of Merchant service so he'll use Persuade to sway potential customers ( try to fill her up quick ). If there are still berths empty after touring the pod-hotels, BurgerThings, StellaBucks and O'Leery's Njall will try the check-in/ticketing areas to find people looking for last-minute deals and a fast exit. If necessary Njall will repeat the tour ( reversing route ), adding in any likely-looking places for transients and indigent travellers he had not already got on his list.

Next time Njall sees Dr. Shuth:

"Hey Doc. Busy day. Made me think, there could be busier times ahead. Think you could write us a 'scrip for a supply of Stim drugs? Keep 'em in the Med Bay, so they're there when we need 'em. Fact is, if you need me to fly this ship in the next few hours I might benefit from more than an espresso. For now a bit of shut-eye will do. Unless we're launching immanent I'll be in my cabin"

Attached Image Edited: Bindoner on 6th Dec, 2015 - 11:20am

Njall Nail Lang Results:
  • Sales Patter on D12 (+1): 7 (1 roll, as D2-12)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Dec, 2015 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 13

This is Kanin, over...

Krakreft takes part in the conversation for the cargo. "Well, I think Ruie is TL6. Probably we don't want to do more than that...maybe risk a TL7 cargo? Let us wait how many passengers Njall brings, to calculate the cargo area. Sounds good?"

Out of character: I was looking for cargo ads to transport lots to Ruie, so we won't go empty. Was not the correct roll I did?



6th Dec, 2015 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 13

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : "Well the passengers should already be taken care of as the cold sleep beds are taking up space in any case. We should take the mail, that's a good 5,000 credits per ton and we have the space. Then fill up whatever we can."

Maiokus yawns, "It's been a long day, and we should consider catching some shut eye before we undock. The course is plotted. I'll be taking a nap if anyone needs me."

Out of Character: : Krakrefr, the roll you did was correct, it just wasn't clear what the roll was for :)




 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,