Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs - Page 5 of 5

Playing by post and playing by table top both - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 9th Sep, 2017 - 11:05pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 0 24 55 Why Join Help
Support Future Terra II Project
+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 35
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.3%
[+] Gain: 89.11 FP
Charm: 4

Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs - Page 5

For me table topplay is where its at unless you can't get a good group together then online will have to do. Playing in person has a certain feel to it that playing online can't replace but everyone is always too busy so online is gaining a lot more attention of late.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja
Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs
A Friend

Rpgs Top Table Post Play Debate

Roleplay,

I agree with you to a point. We have a few really good groups together here and the chemistry is pretty strong. I always thought like you did but I think it is dependent on the group and a good group online can get a breath of players since they can come from anywhere that a table top game can't. That means something.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Premium + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 819
Avg: 5.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,240.93 FP
Charm: 142

Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs Reviews RPG & Card Board

I prefer play by post to table top. I could be biased from the groups I've played in. There is a lot of roleplay involved with play by post. You picture the character as they are portrayed. It's just your imagination to paint the picture.
In tabletop games it is much harder to pretend the person next to you is a half orc or a bold paladin. Most people don't even stay in character and it becomes a dice rolling exercise. It does have the advantage of much faster game play though. That is it's main advantage to me.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Jul, 2017 - 12:25am

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Abnninja
A Friend

Page 5 Rpgs Top Table Post Play Debate

Kyrroeth,

I agree, we have some great here with some awesome chemistry. I've played in Play By Post games where that wasn't the case and they were awful… of course, the same could happen in a tabletop game.

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 15th Jul, 2017 - 3:35am

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 30
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.3%
[+] Gain: 213.37 FP
Charm: 0

Rpgs Top Table Post Play Debate

I like all types of role-playing I never stick to just one method. If I'm with friends then tabletop is in but if I'm not I can see playing online as well.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,477
Avg: 7.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 9,306.50 FP
Charm: 398

Playing by post and playing by table top both have their good points and bad points. Yes it is nice to be around a table and enjoying a good game time get together but at times the days until the next time you can get together can be long. While in a play by post you do not get the quick turn around and game play as you do with a tabletop but you get to play more often.

Post Date: Mon Sep 24, 2018 - 7:59:34 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We interrupt Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs to share caption from days of old:
HistoricToday is: 24th September (GMT), in history on the 24th of September, 1966 AD the following birth happened:
Paul Michael Valley: Actor (Ryan Harrison-Another World)

Guest please SHARE: "Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Sponsored Links:

If you have input into "Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs" do not be shy, give your input
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

World Issues

North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Majicsun 4.8 Days Ago
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Stem 23rd Aug, 2018 - 8:29am
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 11th Jul, 2018 - 8:00pm
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By Reformist 9th Jul, 2018 - 3:29am
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 27th Jun, 2018 - 11:14am
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Opinion 24th Apr, 2018 - 10:56am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 17th Apr, 2018 - 9:54am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By News 16th Apr, 2018 - 9:46pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm