Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings

Text Rpg Creator' S Divergent Rings - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 20th Jan, 2016 - 3:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 
8th Jan, 2016 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Text Role-playing Game Creator's Divergent Rings

Similar to the Text Role-playing Game Creator's Gems the Text Role-playing Game Creator's Divergent Rings is a possible new feature that can allow any Player to inject a curse or blessing towards another Player's Character.

The idea main behind accessing a Divergent Ring is to take Party interactions to another level. Essentially a Player can access a ring but direct the random result towards another Character rather than his / her own Character as is done with the Gems. Similarly, there can be divergent rings that protect against negative energies sent towards them.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2016 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Rings Divergent Creators RPG Text

This could make things entertaining if the player doesn't know its you. Is it done anonymously? The other thing about it is suppose multiple players target your character - that can be unjust!

14th Jan, 2016 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings Reviews RPG & Card Board

I really don't like the idea of a player making life difficult for my character. I guess it can work if whatever is done does not lead towards the character's death but even still I don't know if I like it. Of course I'm like focusing on the negative part of it, if a player wants to "Bless" my character then bring it on wink.gif.

14th Jan, 2016 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

What's the matter Play, don't like anyone ruffling your feathers? wink.gif I think it brings a reality check to some games. How many stories have you read where the people who you thought were on your side were working against you? Remember King Arthur's troubles?

14th Jan, 2016 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

This I fear could be something that could bring conflict to the table, especially if the player has the misfortune of bring trouble to another's character. Not all would be happy to have their character randomly cursed because of another, even if they could also have it be a blessing.

15th Jan, 2016 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

I think JB mentioned in the last part of his first post there will be an option to buy a ring that protects against it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2016 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I don't like this idea at all. Specifically because it smacks of metagaming and I'm a roleplayer that likes to rollplay too at heart. This would be the equivalent of buying the Dungeon Master a pizza to get him to screw over one of the other players, in my opinion. If someone wants to mess with another player's character in-game, they should be required to have their character take the necessary actions to bring it about.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 20th Jan, 2016 - 3:04am

20th Jan, 2016 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings Board Card & RPG Reviews

What's the matter Diarmadhim, don't want a thief with back stabbing skills stabbing you in the back? laugh.gif I don't see much difference between this and doing a private plot against another player with the Dungeon Master, probably the only difference is the result will be random.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,