Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection - Page 3 of 5

Yes you are correct and that is the basis - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 8:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 
12th Feb, 2016 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection - Page 3

I had not thought about the resurrection of a familiar but its a good suggestion to add if others want it as well.

Sponsored Links:
24th Feb, 2016 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Resurrection Deitys Creator RPG Text

This feature for ressurection is more attractive now that I've spent a whole 400fp on my current character. I would hate to lose him after all that hard work.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection
A Friend

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection Reviews RPG & Card Board

I have also been toying with this a bit so you can use FP to get your character resurrected. This would also be a divine intervention and a character can only be resurrected the equivalent to their starting Constitution score. Anything more than that it just does not work. What would other think of using FP to help bring their character back? I would base this on level like ROK 2 does. I will also have the god ask for a task to be done for the revival too.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Resurrection Deitys Creator RPG Text

I'm going against the grain here a little bit but death is part of the game. There is a certain tension involved when your character is barely holding on to life. Having this resurrection ability cheapens that. Plus resurrection is pretty much the most potent spell a cleric has. It gives a level 7 spell equivalence to any character. The material component for the cleric spell is a diamond worth 1000 gold pieces. That's a small fortune in 5e.

I enjoy the risk of losing my character. I get very attached to them but why should the game be different than life? People die. Why would a diety even care about every low level adventurer that dies? They wouldn't even notice it most likely. It should be a rare thing, not Bob the adventurer just died for the 4th time but no worries, he is back.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:39pm

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Resurrection Deitys Creator RPG Text

Yes, I agree with Kyrroeth here. It makes things more tense, and thus more fun for me. Part of the allure is having a character you like face death and make decisions based on that and his feeling for the world and others around him. I'd rather spend my points on one time uses to help before a character dies. But that is just me and I see that others don't much like that idea. Of course, if resurrection is an option it doesn't mean we'd have to use it. The converse of this is that people who will use it might make different decisions than if resurrection wasn't available to purchase. Boy, I'm all over the map on this one.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

People with lots of forum points could make incredibly risky actions with their characters because if they die who cares. Spend the forum points and you are back in action. The current battle with the dragon is a perfect example. It's very tense because it would be easy for your character to die. Having the resurrection option takes that away. A person wouldn't feel anywhere as tense. It just turns it into a video game more than a normal roleplaying game. Characters die in video games and you just replay it. Roleplaying games are different to me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection - Page 3

Yes, that is actually the thing I was thinking about. The actions each of us have taken at one time or another could have put us in the Dragon's crosshairs… yet we did them anyway with characters we like. Especially that leap onto a Dragon's back. This option would cheapen that.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

Yes you are correct and that is the basis of this and seeing what others think. I know it is not for everyone and that is good. I know as a player character I would not use the FP but I would allow it if some people wished.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,