Mayans

Mayans - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Jun, 2016 - 2:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Discuss  Mayans History of the Maya people. Forget what you know, because it is all wrong!
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2008 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mayans

Mayans

... But that story of the Maya is wrong, suggests archaeologist George Bey of Millsaps College in Jackson, Miss., who is co-leading an investigation of the abandoned city of Kiuic with Mexican archaeologist Tomas Gallareta of Mexico's National Institute of Archaeology and History. "Our work indicates that instead the Puuc region was occupied for almost 2,000 years before the collapse in the south," says Bey, by e-mail.
Ref. Source

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Mayans
Mayans (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2008 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Mayans
A Friend

Mayans

That was a fascinating read. I will be doing more research on this to see exactly what happened to the mayan empire. Now that more and more is learned of it It is clear that something or someone was responsible for their downfall. The spear tips kind of prove that.

25th Jun, 2008 - 7:11am / Post ID: #

Mayans History & Civil Business Politics

That is so true Krakyn--I find anything to do with the Mayans fascinating! This is an incredible find and I too am excited to see where it leads.

I found the spear tips interesting as well as the note about the grinding stone being on their sides, meaning a farmer would be returning back to them. Kind of a neat tidbit I didn't know before.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

25th Jun, 2008 - 7:35am / Post ID: #

Mayans

That is fascinating. I would love to visit those ruins and see it all first hand. I have always believed there was more to the story. I would love to learn more about what they have discovered. I was trying to find more information by searching the internet and came across some nice pictures of the archetctural ruins.
Puuc Mayan Ruins

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2008 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Mayans
A Friend

Mayans

Thanks for the link to the pics there Aalskann. I would love to get down there and take some pics of my own of the various sites. Learning about the past is something I like to do. I could never work in that field as I would find all the digging boring. smile.gif.

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2016 - 8:53am / Post ID: #

Mayans

How an ancient civilization conserved water

High-resolution, aerial imagery bears significance for researchers on the ground investigating how remote, ancient Maya civilizations used and conserved water. Ref. Source 2v.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th May, 2016 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

Mayans

Kid finds ancient Mayan secret

WITH a combination of astronomy and Google Earth, a 15-year-old boy has made a remarkable discovery about the Mayans. [..] The inquisitive youngster, who has a deep fascination with ancient Maya, analysed 22 Mayan constellations and realised that the Mayans aligned their 117 cities with the positions of the stars. Ref. Source 1o.

10th Jun, 2016 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Mayans Politics Business Civil & History

Imagine it takes a kid to do this when satellites have been floating over this area for so long and no one noticed the points of the kingdoms match the stars. They really watched the stars intensely enough and probably worshiped them too.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 12 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.2%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mayans

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,