The Shannara Chronicles

The Shannara Chronicles - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 16th May, 2017 - 8:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  The Shannara Chronicles TV Series
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2016 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

The Shannara Chronicles

The Shannara Chronicles

If you are a frequent viewer of the TV Series called, "The Shannara Chronicles" then please give us your review?

The Shannara Chronicles
The Shannara Chronicles (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2016 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Chronicles Shannara The

Season 01, Episode 06 - “Pykon″
Amberle, Wil and Eretria take shelter in Pykon, a snowy Elvin outpost with a grisly secret; and Ander and Slanter make a discovery about the Dagda Mor’s forces.

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

The Shannara Chronicles
A Friend

The Shannara Chronicles Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I have mixed feelings about this. If I wouldn't have read the books I would probably love this. I have read the books and really enjoyed them. It's still entertaining. My issue is that they are condensing things from two different books into one movie. There is plenty of material in each book to make a season about each book. This is incredibly frustrating to me. I've only watched the first few episodes so far so maybe that will change. Once again though, I recommend this for anyone that loves fantasy and hasn't read the books. It's not Game of Thrones or Vikings but it is entertaining.
I.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 16th May, 2017 - 6:54pm

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

The Shannara Chronicles
A Friend

Chronicles Shannara The

I didn't know there was a series about Shannara. I enjoyed the books immensely. I haven't thought of them in a long time, but I couldn't put them down when they came out. Yes, I am a tried and true fantasy nerd! I am also an SF sniper. Anyway, now that I read Kyrroeth's post I'm not sure I want to watch it.

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

The Shannara Chronicles
A Friend

Chronicles Shannara The

I will have to watch the series and see what I think. After reading all the books of the Shannara series up to the latest I think I will either love or hate this series. I am not happy when a movie tears up the books.

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

The Shannara Chronicles
A Friend

The Shannara Chronicles

As yet another book lover, I'm not particularly happy with the tv series. I could have lived with most of the changes they made, but they added in just a bit too much in the way of that teen angst mixed with awkward sexual tension which seems all too popular these days.

I get it, its a formula that sells. The Twilight series certainly proved that, but keep it out of the classics.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

The Shannara Chronicles
A Friend

The Shannara Chronicles

Exactly Daishain. It was in MTV and they were clearly targeting a younger demographic with that. I love Allanon. The casting was well done for him.

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

The Shannara Chronicles
A Friend

The Shannara Chronicles Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Oh aye, Allanon was the high point of the tv series.

One other thing, they spoiled one of the books' biggest "What the hell?" moments right from the starting credits. Its a 'secret' that would be harder to keep in visual media than in writing, but they could have still hinted at it for a while rather than just throwing it out there.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Shannara Chronicles

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,