Romance In Role-playing Games

Romance Role-playing Games - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2016 - 3:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 
Top  Romance In Role-playing Games
14th Feb, 2016 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Romance In Role-Playing Games

When I used to run Drama related Role-playing Games like Love & Life Bytes it was easy for Players to get their Characters flirting, romantic or even the very opposite. In a setting that surrounds battle and exploration that is typical of such Role-playing Games as Dungeons & Dragons having Romance as part of the Scenario may be less appealing or is it? As a GM / Dungeon Master / Referee have you attempted to allow Characters to become Romatic towards each other or NPCs in which they come in contact? What about a Scenario based on Romance of finding love, would that make a good game? What are your thoughts?

Romance In Role-playing Games (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
14th Feb, 2016 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-playing Romance

It's highly group dependent really. Some players don't want romance in their game, especially if it's all men playing around the table.

My gaming groups have a really decent mix of male and female players, and we have games where romance is a big part of the game, and games where it doesn't turn up at all.

For example, I'm currently running a game called Monsterhearts, which basically takes the premise of all those teen supernatural romances and asks, 'What if these sort of stories actually took place with real, messed up teenagers trying to decide who they are and what their place in the world is?' Questions of who's dating who, and who's popular and who's not and the like are all very relevant in that game.

We just finished up playing through The Flood campaign for Deadlands. There was no real romance in that beyond a brief flirtation between my character and a woman we knew was an official of an evil cult. A flirtation that we all knew would never go anywhere, but made for a more interesting scene.

Personally, I like including romantic subplots in games I run. It makes the characters and their situations more real.

14th Feb, 2016 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Romance In Role-playing Games Reviews RPG & Card Board

I love to lead on and then give heartache! I used to do that a lot in the drama games. The only thing is it should not become the center of the game. An off shoot relationship between two characters should be just that and not involve everyone in the game as in we have to wait for you to come up with an action because you're too 'in love' to make a move. rolleyes.gif.

14th Feb, 2016 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

I've never entertained the idea but maybe its because I haven't had the chance to as yet. Corinthi made me laugh about an all male tabletop session with no attempts to get characters romantic.

15th Feb, 2016 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

If I'm sitting down to play an adventure I really don't want to get into too much details about any romantic interests my character has unless its part of a greater plot.

15th Feb, 2016 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

I forgot to mention that I'm working on a solo Role-playing Game that involves a strangely romantic relationship in a modern setting. Doing it without having to worry about other players makes it easy to manipulate where every emotion goes.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Feb, 2016 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Romance Role-playing Games

My own preference is to leave it out. When you start adding romance you're leaving the option for the other character to get too frisky and some players have dirty minds.

2nd Jun, 2016 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Romance Role-playing Games Board Card & RPG Reviews

Romance? Not for me. I'm actually in a game where one of the characters has a home and a partner. They really do not do any romantic stuff but then again we aren't in a position to be romantic with everyone being killed around us.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Romance In Role-playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,