Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters

Text Rpg Creator Pre-rolled Characters - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 24th Jun, 2016 - 10:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 
Closed
Discuss  Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters Pre-Generated PBP RPG Characters to help you start right away. Best of all they should all already be Game Master approved so you can start playing immediately! What do you think?
25th Feb, 2016 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Text Role-playing Game Creator Pre-Rolled Characters

Creating Characters can take up a lot of time, but what if there were Pre-Rolled Characters that you could use right away to take the lengthy drama out and get started. Maybe Game Masters can even pre-approve these Pre-Made Characters so there isn't a question about if they should be used or not. Some might argue that having a Play By Post Pre-Generated Character might take some of the fun out of Character Generation. Sometimes a Player may want to escape having to roll up a Character some of the time but not all of the time. In the times they do not want to roll up a Character the Pre-Rolled Characters will come in handy.

For Pre-Rolled Characters to work a few things will need to happen:

1. We need willing participants who can create the Characters so they can be scrutinized. If Game Masters of current systems are involved then that will be even better if they get in on the Character Generation at least on the approval end.

2. The Characters need to be generated based on the system's rules and should be labeled as such. For instance, if you are rolling up a Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character make sure you aren't throwing in AD&D 2 methods into the build. The Pre-Made Character should then be used only for the same system.

3. We then need to store these Characters and have them accessible for viewing or probably the Text Role-playing Game Creator can automatically import them with the push of a button thus taking away the work of you having to copy and paste it in.

4. Another possibility is to have these Pre-Made Characters with randomness to it. For example the structure is the same but the equipment list is different or the background information is changed.

Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2016 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Characters Pre-rolled Creator RPG Text

That will be awesome. Although I might want to change a few things. Probably if you have a wide variety it will make the difference and definitely if you offer champions. Some games start at a higher level so I don't see why not.

27th Feb, 2016 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters Reviews RPG & Card Board

I like the part about it being preapproved so I could just say I want to have whomever from the choices as my character. If there is room for some minimal adjustment that will be even better like with weapon proficency or name.

7th Mar, 2016 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

I will like to see this feature implemented so when a character dies another one can be quickly adjusted and entered into the game so there isn't a lull in activity more so when the game is going really good!

7th Mar, 2016 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

I applaud this. I generally hate making up characters and would rather just get to the actual playing so I will be looking out for this option whenever its created.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2016 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I love character generation.

And I can see the benefit of pre-gen or pre-made characters to maintain the flow of a game. I would still allow "Tweaks" to a character to personalize it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2016 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Pre-Approval of Pregenerated Characters by the GM/Dungeon Master IS A MUST. It does mean a bit more leg work at the beginning, but should ease transitions between loss of characters or even introducing a new player into the flow of the game.

Issue 1: Character Level and Experience.
If a pre-gen is rolled at level 1, then using him at level 5 means he needs some training and gear to fit with the flavor of the story. If there were a way to select a character level and have a selection presented that way, it would make things a bit easier.

Possibly the leveling and training of character could be the tweaks I mentioned earlier for characters entering an existing game.

Issue 2: Character Database.
Is there a feature currently recording and documenting characters as they are rolled up and accepted into games? It could possibly be done, where this information is stored and then allowed to be modified upon selection.

24th Jun, 2016 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters Board Card & RPG Reviews

international QUOTE (Malcolmshaw)
Pre-Approval of Pregenerated Characters by the GM/Dungeon Master IS A MUST

This feature like all other Role-playing Game features in the Community are subject to the GM. They are there as enhancements and not replacements to how a GM runs his game.

international QUOTE
If there were a way to select a character level and have a selection presented that way

The types and levels can be indexed based on how it is created. The way I conceived it is to have a button available labelled "Pre-rolled Character" when the Player first accesses the TextRole-playing Game Creator. That button will then list Characters by system, level, type, etc.

international QUOTE
Is there a feature currently recording and documenting characters as they are rolled up and accepted into games?

No, I did not get much feedback from the Game Masters - you are the first, so I did not want to create something that the Game Masters would oppose.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,