Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 70 of 258

There is a reason that the others on patrol - Page 70 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 7th Jan, 2017 - 11:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
5th Jan, 2017 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 70

A lot of pages of rapid Discussion to go through today. I've read through all and I understand where everyone is coming from. Most of it I have already commented on in prior Posts, in the game and other related Threads so it does not make sense to me to repeat it again, however I will say that I appreciate all the feedback, it helps me to know what people are thinking / discovering while playing ROK II.

I will like to remind everyone about this: Crowdfunding For Ruler Of Kings II. This has not stopped, and it actually needs to be highlighted further. There was only ONE major contributor to that drive in helping me advance ROK II so I am working on fulfilling that at the moment, however because less than 10% was reached, I, as one man, and a special needs parent of three… can only go so fast. I can also only concentrate effort where I get support. There is so much input that is needed in many of the places lacking content, and its not even for free… a gold reward can be had.

I do get it though, there are some who rather remain on the sidelines and wait for things to happen as they do - there is nothing wrong with that, however these are few compared to those who are pro-actively involved so I do not lament that issue. I know that when I bring more stuff into an active state it will broaden the scope and thus the serious contributors to ROK II.

What I will be doing in the near future is putting a dollar value to what is wanted outside the realm of the current design path. For instance, let's say you think there should be a better sword available for purchase then I will say Donate 'x' and I will work on that. That is only just because I now have to stop real life stuff as well as other developments in ROK II to cater for something that only one person is requesting which is not realistic. If more people want it then more can Donate towards that particular feature until the 'x' amount is reached. In this way everyone wins, I get a contribution to my time and your Character gets access to a custom sword.

I hope that clears it all up, now here are some updates:

Where I Am At

Further to this list I am doing these:
7. Specific places within the Dark regions
8. Horror stories for Quest 4.
9. Reward towards Fort / Castle

The Dark Regions is taking root well. This region will allow Characters to excel in a way that Llafair and The Town could not. The morbid story that makes up this place, as you will soon discover, is what keeps me back as I have to both code and write the story as well. I hope to finish the first part that leads to Quest 4 by tomorrow… yes tomorrow.

Other Things Under Development

* Daily happenings and events with unique encounters
* A personal Partner which brings an added dimension to the game.

Small Update

* Charges can only be recharged to 20 and not more.

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2017 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

JB, I very much wish to be pro-active in helping RoK II to grow and expand. I also want you to understand that I do appreciate the work you do. Yes, I have allowed myself become a bit frustrated in my impatience at the current limitations and I apologize to you as well others if I may have given the impression of being ungrateful.

I will see about donating and helping where I can, the best I can. I do wish to be pro-active. Thank you for the detailed post and the update. The idea of working in areas only where supported does have merit, but again I understand that the focus would be on the most demand and not just something only one person wants.

Again, I hope I did not give the wrong impression.

7th Jan, 2017 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

I like that the game is challenging it gives my choices greater worth since that decides if my character lives or dies. Don't make it easy because some want it to go faster.

7th Jan, 2017 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 70 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

international QUOTE (Stacia @ 7-Jan 17, 8:06 AM)
Don't make it easy because some want it to go faster.

Sighs, okay people are completely misunderstanding what I want. I don't want the game to be easier, I'm just asking for more options and choices on how to play the game not to make it easier.

Also, to get right down to it, at my current level and how I have currently built Jonathan the game is already pretty easy. My frustration is simply that some options are not working as well as others, leaving me to feel I have to pigeonhole my character in a certain way for him to actually move forward with the ease that he has been.

In other words, a more bardic or skillful wizard and not a figher or heavily armoured beat stick.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Jan, 2017 - 3:29pm

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2017 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

I really enjoyed Ruler of Kings. I made the mistake of making a social character when the game started. She didn't have a chance in the game. I realized my mistake so I made a melee character. I put everything into body, combat skills, armor. She was very effective. I raced through patrol after patrol with barely a scratch. I made level 4 with her and was still running patrols. No problem at all. Then one random combat it was like the difficulty was greatly increased. She died like she was level 1 on a patrol. I resurrected her later. She went out on a patrol and died in the first encounter. It was against a bear who she always just carved through. She pretty much had her combat modifiers maxed. The second time she died I really should have ran from the enemy. However, the reputation penalty is too high to run.

I don't like the randomness on some of the combats. I don't want the game to be easy. It's just strange how with her it would be either an easy victory or she would have no chance. This was against the same opponents. Dying in combat isn't your fault because you chose it. If you aren't equipped for combat it is. Otherwise, you have to engage in combat or your character will never advance. I'm not trying to complain. I just can't justify the forum points being used for random deaths. It is a great game JB and I know you are putting a ton of work into it. The game will continue to improve. I'm sure I will jump back into it in the future. It is very addictive.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Jan, 2017 - 3:43pm

7th Jan, 2017 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

If you are able to jump back on for just a moment I could possibly have your character meet with Jonathon at the Town Tavern and he can offer some advice when it comes to the combat, because I have learned a few tricks that do very much make a difference… at least one particular trick when it comes to the annoying arrows that slowly we would go down your hit points.

Again, one note I should make is it's not simply having Max combat ability that has helped me get through patrols. But it has been consideration of other tricks as well. One particular one being the usefulness of a familiar in combat and how it appears that you can summon or call your familiar while still being able to deal an attack.

Also, given my recent victories as Top Poster, I could maybe see if JB would be willing to allow me to transfer enough forum points over to you for a resurrection. That could help you jump back in and we can see what can be done involving your character.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jan, 2017 - 12:09am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jan, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 70

Isn't combat the primary way to go up in level in any role-playing game or are you saying that you rather win using magic rather than with a sword.

That couldn't have been the same bear, must have been a different one unless your health points were low and you didn't notice. I haven't encountered that problem. When my character dies its usually a surprise visit from the knight or barbarian.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2017 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 70

There is a reason that the others on patrol say hide when you hear the bear. As you go up in level the patrols gets tougher. It does good to have certain skills.

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,