Enter By The Way, Or The Strait And Narrow Path

Enter Way Strait Narrow Path - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Apr, 2016 - 10:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2016 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This is a talk the Lord told me to send to everyone, that I could in our Ward, I only wish it still had the color highlights and font changes that were in my Word program.

To enter by the way, in verse 5 below, is a similar phrase as entering upon the Strait and Narrow Path in other Book of Mormon verses; Definition of unbelief, in the Book of Mormon, in verse 7 below, means that you believe incorrect doctrine, or in other words, you believe and follow incorrect doctrines and truths. In the same verse, ignorant does not mean, they know nothing, it means they have learned incorrect truths; studied ignorance is harder to cast away; then we have stiffneckedness, that decidedly shows we are committed greatly to those incorrect truths.

Our eyes cannot be open to the truth, until we sincerely ask God to remove the scales of darkness that cover our eyes to see, they blind, and block the light of the Holy Spirit from entering in.

international QUOTE

2 Nephi 32:

1 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. But, behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts?
2 Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost?
3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.

Angel’s speak by the power of the Holy Ghost, if we speak by the Holy Ghost, we speak as the Angels; an Angel can be any one who speaks the words of Christ, by the Holy Ghost, even us, if we have the Holy Ghost. But we need to have first been cleansed, and been found worthy; that we will believe and follow Christ no matter what. We will then have our Baptism of Fire, at some point after our Baptism by Water, some have it happen right after baptism, some later, we all progress differently; our Savior is most loving and patient; he patiently waits to help us. We deceive ourselves if we think we have the Holy Ghost, just because we have been Baptized; especially if we do not have the signs and gifts of the Spirit, that comes to those with the Holy Ghost.
international QUOTE

4 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.
5 For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.
We obtain this right, by obedience to the light we have received, the more we heed and obey, the more light one will receive; growing grace upon grace, until we gain a fullness like Christ, but you must act, or you will not come into the light, and the darkness and the chains of hell shall over take you, and you will know it not, until it is ever lasting too late.

international QUOTE
D & C 130: 23
A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

D & C 50: 17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?
18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.
19 And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?
20 If it be some other way it is not of God.
21 Therefore, why is it that ye cannot understand and know, that he that receiveth the word by the Spirit of truth receiveth it as it is preached by the Spirit of truth?
22 Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.
23 And that which doth not edify is not of God, and is darkness.
24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
25 And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you;

Just because a person can speak from Scripture or another way, that does not mean it is the will of God; trust not in the Arm of Flesh, unless the Holy Ghost bears witness of that man an truth. Our only allegiance should be to God the Father and his son Jesus Christ; we should put no one else between them and us.

international QUOTE
6 Behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and there will be no more doctrine given until after he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh. And when he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh, the things which he shall say unto you shall ye observe to do.

Ok, what it’s the doctrine Christ, it is rather simple as shown in Scripture, that is, we repent and come unto him, and follow him until the end. That end, is in part, when he appears to us, and our calling and election is made sure; it was meant to mean now, not after we die. If think otheotherwise put our exaltation in jeopody.

Only by gaining the Holy Ghost, by turning to Christ and developing a relationship with him, does our exaltation come to pass. This is not an easy path, the correct truths of God rarely remain pure upon the earth for very long, much of what Christ may teach, will contradict what you have been taught; case in point, the beliefs of the Jews when Christ came to fulfill all righteousness. We would not want to find ourselves reacting like Christ’s people did to him; to any one bearing truth and light today; who Christ has sent to help us save ourselves. Our time today, is a shadow of what was happening in the Americas and in the Middle East prior to Christ’s Crucifixion.
international QUOTE

7 And now I, Nephi, cannot say more; the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance, and I am left to mourn because of the unbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the stiffneckedness of men; for they will not search knowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in plainness, even as plain as word can be.
8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.
9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.

2 Nephi 28 speaks of our time, as many verses do in the Book of Mormon. But the below verses add to and back up the preceding verses in 2 Nephi 32: 7-9 above; remember the warnings in the Book of Mormon for our day, are for us, the Gentiles in the LDS Church.

international QUOTE
2 Nephi 28: 11 Yea, they have all gone out of the way; they have become corrupted.
12 Because of pride, and because of false teachers, and false doctrine, their churches have become corrupted, and their churches are lifted up; because of pride they are puffed up.
13 They rob the poor because of their fine sanctuaries; they rob the poor because of their fine clothing; and they persecute the meek and the poor in heart, because in their pride they are puffed up.
14 They wear stiff necks and high heads; yea, and because of pride, and wickedness, and abominations, and whoredoms, they have all gone astray save it be a few, who are the humble followers of Christ; nevertheless, they are led, that in many instances they do err because they are taught by the precepts of men.
From the verses above, in 2 Nephi 28, it is shown, it is not if, but when we will fall into apostasy as a people, except for a few, who are the humble followers of Christ; which side do you want to be on. Those who are cleansed from this earth or those called by Christ to join him in Zion, at his wedding party, while all the rest are slowly eliminated.

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2016 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Path Narrow Strait The Way The Enter

So, I've been reading what you write and in this particular post you mentioned sending something to your ward's membership despite the unethical approach to get your message out. I would be careful of your interpretation of things and your telling others the path of salvation. If you want to do something different then do it but telling others your version is the high road to apostasy.

> TOPIC: Enter By The Way, Or The Strait And Narrow Path

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,