Cure For Deafness

Cure Deafness - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd May, 2017 - 2:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Heal Ears of the Deaf
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2016 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cure For Deafness

Brain responses found to originate from previously unknown source

Scientists have made an important discovery about the human auditory system and how to study it, findings that could lead to better testing and diagnosis of hearing-related disorders. The researchers detected frequency-following responses (FFR) coming from a part of the brain not previously known to emit them. FFRs are neural signals generated in the brain when people hear sounds. Ref. Source 1j.

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2016 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Deafness Cure

If they're successful that can mean a whole new world of hope for those who need hearing aides or for those who are totally deaf.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Cure For Deafness Health & Special Psychology

Gene therapy restores hearing in deaf mice, down to a whisper

In the summer of 2015, a team of scientists reported restoring rudimentary hearing in genetically deaf mice using gene therapy. Now the research team reports restoring a much higher level of hearing -- down to 25 decibels, the equivalent of a whisper -- using an improved gene therapy vector. Ref. Source 1y.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Cure For Deafness
A Friend

Deafness Cure

[..] I pray they can fix my ears. I spent 22 years in the Army around loud guns and big booms. Sometimes I was just in situations where I couldn't have hearing protection in because I needed to to hear in case the enemy was around and when the shooting started it was too late to put in ear plus. Now, I have tinnitus in a big way. I have a constant ringing in my ears that drives me nuts. Fixing that would be huge.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Deafness Cure

Human inner ear organs grown: Could lead to new therapies for hearing, balance impairments

Researchers have successfully developed a method to grow inner ear tissue from human stem cells, a finding that could lead to new platforms to model disease and new therapies for the treatment of hearing and balance disorders. Ref. Source 8h.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Cure For Deafness
A Friend

Cure For Deafness

This is huge for me. As I said above, I have tinnitus from being around a big boom that happened to darn close to me. That I walked away with only some hearing loss is a miracle. But the ringing in my ears is constant. When I'm busy doing something I don't notice it but when I think about it, like now, it's very noticeable.

Rather off topic, but...
For those who don't know what tinnitus is, it is the perception of sound when no actual external noise is present. It is commonly referred to as “ringing in the ears,” at least, that's what my army doctors told me until they realized I was intelligent enough to understand when they told me the actual name. Also, it can be a temporary condition or ongoing, which is what I have. The condition usually results in some degree of high frequency hearing loss. High frequency hearing loss results in having a hard time hearing when there is background noise, a hard time hearing high frequency sounds and voices, and difficulty hearing some letters, which may make it difficult to understand some words.

If they could regenerate some of the hairs that are damaged in my ears this would reduce the tinnitus and improve my hearing. Both or either of those would be huge. This is a huge step in the right direction.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd May, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Cure Deafness

It will be good if you can have something from that but it will involve surgery by taking out the old and putting newly grown inner ear. If they are only doing it on mice now you might have another 6-10 years to wait before its approved.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Cure For Deafness
A Friend

Cure Deafness Psychology Special & Health

Krusten,

True, but there hasn't been much progress with repairing my type of hearing loss, so any progress is good and thus is seems like a huge jump from where they once were. As far as yet he timing… I'm not planning on going anywhere *wink*.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Cure For Deafness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,