Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 2 of 88

Not a problem, I had planned for him to be - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jul, 2016 - 8:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
6th Jul, 2016 - 2:49am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 2

The Maker says...

I disagree, Malcombshaw; in my view alignments do not necessarily equal bonds. A bond is something that is important to the character; what they are willing to fight for if you will. Alignment deals more with the characters philosophy or approach. For example, whether the character believes that the ends justify the means. The Players Handbook describes alignment as something "Which broadly describes… moral and personal attitudes."

Bonds, on the other hand "Represent a character's connections to people, places, and events in the world." Two characters could have very similar bonds, but opposing alignments; or very similar alignments but conflicting bonds.

Ideals I think are more closely related to alignment than bonds are. That's not to say that bonds have no impact on alignment, but I don't think that bonds and alignments are the same thing or that one equals the other.

KNtoran, you can play without the Players Handbook but it is a bit more restricted if you do. The character generator will generate a basic character for you, but your options are very limited.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2016 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I have a players handbook now on PDF file. So I can read a lot on it. I am thinking of playing a male human monk. How do you want me to do the core stat rolls?

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2016 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

RACES

• Dwarf - subrace Hill, Mountain
  • Elf - subrace High, Wood
  • Gnome - subrace Lightfoot, Stout
  • Halfling - subrace Forest, Rock
  • Human
  • Half-Elf
  • Half-Orc

CLASSES

• Barbarian
  • Bard
  • Cleric
  • Druid
  • Fighter
  • Monk
  • Paladin
  • Ranger
  • Rogue
  • Sorcerer
  • Warlock
  • Wizard

BACKGROUNDS
  • Acolyte
  • Charlatan
  • Criminal
  • Entertainer
  • Guild Artisan
  • Hermit
  • Outlander
  • Sage
  • Sailor
  • Soldier
  • Urchin

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2016 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Like I said I have a book now. I have given a short description of my back ground. I will flesh out more of my character. I hope it all looks ok for now. Do you start characters out at max hit points for 1st level or do we roll for that?

8th Jul, 2016 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

So, quick question, when posting in the main thread would you prefer us to speak in 3rd person (I.e. Carrick walks in and sees X. Then he does Y, while saying, "Z!") or 1st person?
Also, are there any NPC names you already have in place like the owner of the tavern or a bar tender or are we free to name them as we go?

8th Jul, 2016 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

The Maker says...

I do not have a preference on whether you write in first person or third person each player can do write in the manner that they are most comfortable with. The bar tender and tavern owner are not established NPCs at this point and you are free to name them as part of the request in the opening post for each player to add a description to the scene.

It is good that you asked first though because in the future it is important that the players clear these things through the GM via the support thread before they add something to a scene, such as an NPC or object in order that the players remain within the boundaries of player agency per the game policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2016 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 2

In my first post I assumed that the Revee is already there. I hope that was correct.

8th Jul, 2016 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

The Maker says...

Not a problem, I had planned for him to be there. No harm, no foul so it's fine.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (88) »

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.