Emotional Support Animals

Emotional Support Animals - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Dec, 2019 - 9:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2016 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Research highlights the legal issues of certifying emotional support animals

Service animals are recognized by the ADA as those whose training helps them serve a specific disability-related function. However, people not necessarily exhibiting a mental or physical disability are eluding the system by asking their mental health professionals to certify 'emotional support animals'. Researchers are exploring the effects these requests are having on the mental health profession and recommend that psychologists refrain from issuing certifications to avoid legal risks. Ref. Source 7a.

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2016 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Animals Support Emotional

Strange, why would some suffering from mental health problems need an animal to be certified?

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2019 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Emotional Support Animals Health & Special Psychology

An American Airlines flight attendant was bitten by an emotional support dog on a flight from Dallas to North Carolina Monday, prompting union calls to further tighten rules on in-flight animals. Source 7o.

2nd Aug, 2019 - 6:36am / Post ID: #

It has always been annoying for me to see an animal in an enclosed area like a plane. Pets for emotion is a ridiculous concept when you have other people around.

2nd Aug, 2019 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Calling your pet "Emotional support" is just an excuse to be able to take your pet everywhere you go.

5th Aug, 2019 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

I know some people who do need their pets for emotional support and can't be without them for very long. But it's seem a risky emotional investment as pets don't live very long. But some people with serious mental illness like BPD might have a pet as part of their mental health plan.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Dec, 2019 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

I think this should be a thing for certain cases. Animals really do help someone who is depressed and can really change their whole train of thought.

28th Dec, 2019 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Emotional Support Animals Psychology Special & Health

I have seen how much a pet makes a difference in a person's life, and while there might need to be stricter rules on such emotional support pets I do think have a place in helping people cope in dealing with mental illness. Especially in public and around others, whether depression, anxiety, or other issues.

Yes, there are people who abuse the system as a way of keeping their pet with them where they'd otherwise need to be left behind, as people have abused the food stamps services and other such things, but that doesn't change the fact some people actually so need such emotional support and service animals in general.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Emotional Support Animals

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,