Robel Kiros Habte

Robel Kiros Habte - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 11th Aug, 2016 - 12:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Ethiopia - Fat Swimmer?
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2016 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Robel Kiros Habte

How did Robel Kiros Habte qualify to swim in the Olympics?

By the time the chubby 24-year-old had emerged for air from his opening dive off the blocks in the 100m freestyle heats, he was already almost a body length behind and it did not get any better. Ref. Source 5w.

Sponsored Links:
10th Aug, 2016 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Habte Kiros Robel

From what I gather, he was just there for the ride, to represent Ethipoia in something other than running which is what they are known for.

People are lashing out about him being the son of the Ethiopian Swimming Federation president and insinuating that's how he qualified. I don't know about that part but if no one else chose to represent the country then what does it matter.

There are mixed feelings about it though… whereas others 'kill' themselves to be there should someone clearly not there to seriously compete be allowed to line up with those who live the sport? Some may say its the spirit of the sport, bringing countries together, but does it also diminish the importance of giving your best rather than a casual stroll?

11th Aug, 2016 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Robel Kiros Habte Sports & Fashion Music Movies

This is my take. First of all, it is my understanding he was INVITED to participate in order to promote the sport in Ethiopia. Let's remember that this guy finished just 17 seconds after the big competitors. That's an amazing result that actually is as good as regional and national level competition! Haters are going to hate!

I don't believe the Olympics should be only about competitions but also the promotion of sports in countries like Ethiopia. I applaud this man for his courage, he knows he is not in the best shape but yet willing to do it. I think he did great.

> TOPIC: Robel Kiros Habte

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,