Daishain Introduction - Page 7 of 7

Daishain, this mostly for your info, while - Page 7 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 4.2 Days Ago

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 4 36 97 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  « First of 7 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 
Role-player
Post Date: 1 Week Ago / Post ID: #

Premium + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 871
Avg: 12.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,281.42 FP
Charm: 83

Daishain Introduction - Page 7

I don't know how widespread this is, but over the past few months, I've had two issues occur with increasing frequency. I suspect they're related somehow.

-Upon clicking a topic listed on the "Latest topics" sidebar, it usually takes me to a post from several pages ago rather than the latest one.

-Upon entering a board, threads are displayed in apparently random order, often with threads from several weeks or more past occupying the entire front page in lieu of the threads that should be there. Sometimes reloading the page fixes the issue, sometimes it does not. Right now, reading down the "Latest" data column for the Dungeons & Dragons subforum goes 1.5 days ago, 26 minutes, 2.9 days, 6th Nov, 12 hours, 3.1 days, 3rd nov, etc.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 1 Week Ago

Contribution: Premium / Renew: 28 November 2018 | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: RPG D&D | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 16th Oct, 2016 - 2:47pm
Signature:

Introduction Daishain

Hi Daishain! This is because you are accessing your browser's cached content. That column has at the end of the link "Getlastpost" which your browser interprets as the last post you saw from the cache. So you might see page 3 as the latest when there is already a page 5 since you last used that link. Clearing your cache will show you the latest post instead. Hope that helps.

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 14,840
Avg: 7.9 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 15,159.23 FP
Charm: 346

Daishain Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I get this at times when using my smart phone but I do not access this site a lot on my phone. I have not seen this issue on my laptop or my desktop yet.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: RPG Medieval | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Feb, 2008 - 3:49am
Signature: Be who you are as others who try to name you do not know you.

Premium + Chief
Lifestyle

Page 7 Introduction Daishain

That would explain the first issue, but not the second. A hangup with the cache shouldn't randomize links on the same page.

And in response to Kn's experience, this has happened on all three of the devices I use to access this site. Although it might be relevant that I use Chrome as the browser in each case…

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 1 Week Ago

Contribution: Premium / Renew: 28 November 2018 | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: RPG D&D | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 16th Oct, 2016 - 2:47pm
Signature:

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,622
Avg: 8.4 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 3,735.72 FP
Charm: 328

Introduction Daishain

Are you by chance talking about the Dungeons & Dragons Review section?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Investigating Topics | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Please Support Our Efforts!

Premium + Chief
Lifestyle

Daishain Introduction

I've seen this happen there, The main Dungeons & Dragons gaming subforum, and the Introductions subforum.

For good measure, I just clicked through several other subforums I don't visit quite as often. About two thirds of them displayed this behavior just now.

Signature:

Admin + Architect

Page 7 Daishain Introduction

I was working / experimenting on that one earlier today hence I asked but eventually reverted to the way it currently functions. The main task with the index of specific Topics is the minimum number of characters I have set to 4 so "5e" and "D[&]D" are not found. I usually look for key words and use that to avoid lowering the character count but have not had chance to improve it. I will need a specific link and what you are expecting to see to address the issue as each of those specific indexes is keyword related.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Investigating Topics | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 4.2 Days Ago / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Daishain Introduction - Page 7

Daishain, this mostly for your info, while I didn't get exact links and keywords from you yet I went ahead and added in specifics to the code for Dungeons & Dragons, so special indexes like: Dungeons & Dragons Topics will now show the appropriate Threads related only to Dungeons & Dragons without me having to use a lower character search for the DB.

Blog Read My Blog
Guest please SHARE: "Daishain Introduction" on:

+  « First of 7 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 
Sponsored Links:

To go deeper into this Topic ensure to Search unique terms for: Daishain Introduction
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Daishain Introduction

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Top 20 FP Owners

1. Krakyn - 20,660
2. KNtoran - 15,159
3. Usabookworm - 12,994
4. FairMaiden - 10,776
5. Play by post - 9,648
6. ICon - 8,707
7. News - 6,047
8. ScottI - 5,900
9. DianeC - 4,031
10. Cinder - 3,622
Auto Updated: Every 31 minutes.
11. Hunter - 3,191
12. Canabusis - 3,146
13. Felipe - 2,886
14. Anronrosby - 2,610
15. ChristianD - 2,607
16. Buddha - 2,588
17. Fyfasan - 2,550
18. Kullgen - 2,550
19. Ridaxus - 2,513
20. Txtrpg - 2,486

Highlights

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 1.6 Day(s) Ago
Al Franken: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By LiberalLDS 4.9 Days Ago
Difference Between Love & Lust: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Roleplay 5 Days Ago
ISIS - ISIL: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Gknightbc 1 Week Ago
A Medieval Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Seraphina 30th Nov, 2017 - 11:40am
Christmas 2017: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Seamouse 30th Nov, 2017 - 11:21am
Global Climate Change: Will the earth's climate change on her own or are we the ones sending it in a disastrous direction? By News 26th Nov, 2017 - 2:18am
Directly Meeting With Aliens: In this Thread are other Threads that asks the question: "Where are the aliens?" By KNtoran 20th Nov, 2017 - 2:52pm
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?: Is there a science behind why someone is / becomes homosexual? Is it neurological or biological? By Seraphina 18th Oct, 2017 - 12:40pm
The Media: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 16th Sep, 2017 - 4:17am