Daishain Introduction - Page 7 of 10

Daishain, this mostly for your info, while - Page 7 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 10th Dec, 2017 - 1:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2017 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Daishain Introduction
A Friend

Daishain Introduction - Page 7

I don't know how widespread this is, but over the past few months, I've had two issues occur with increasing frequency. I suspect they're related somehow.

-Upon clicking a topic listed on the "Latest topics" sidebar, it usually takes me to a post from several pages ago rather than the latest one.

-Upon entering a board, threads are displayed in apparently random order, often with threads from several weeks or more past occupying the entire front page in lieu of the threads that should be there. Sometimes reloading the page fixes the issue, sometimes it does not. Right now, reading down the "Latest" data column for the Dungeons & Dragons subforum goes 1.5 days ago, 26 minutes, 2.9 days, 6th Nov, 12 hours, 3.1 days, 3rd nov, etc.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Dec, 2017 - 3:18pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Daishain

Hi Daishain! This is because you are accessing your browser's cached content. That column has at the end of the link "Getlastpost" which your browser interprets as the last post you saw from the cache. So you might see page 3 as the latest when there is already a page 5 since you last used that link. Clearing your cache will show you the latest post instead. Hope that helps.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2017 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Daishain Introduction
A Friend

Daishain Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I get this at times when using my smart phone but I do not access this site a lot on my phone. I have not seen this issue on my laptop or my desktop yet.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2017 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Daishain Introduction
A Friend

Page 7 Introduction Daishain

That would explain the first issue, but not the second. A hangup with the cache shouldn't randomize links on the same page.

And in response to Kn's experience, this has happened on all three of the devices I use to access this site. Although it might be relevant that I use Chrome as the browser in each case…

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Dec, 2017 - 3:26pm

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2017 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,015
Flag Posts: 51,672
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.40 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Daishain

Are you by chance talking about the Dungeons & Dragons Review section?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2017 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Daishain Introduction
A Friend

Daishain Introduction

I've seen this happen there, The main Dungeons & Dragons gaming subforum, and the Introductions subforum.

For good measure, I just clicked through several other subforums I don't visit quite as often. About two thirds of them displayed this behavior just now.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2017 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Daishain Introduction - Page 7

I was working / experimenting on that one earlier today hence I asked but eventually reverted to the way it currently functions. The main task with the index of specific Topics is the minimum number of characters I have set to 4 so "5e" and "D[&]D" are not found. I usually look for key words and use that to avoid lowering the character count but have not had chance to improve it. I will need a specific link and what you are expecting to see to address the issue as each of those specific indexes is keyword related.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 10th Dec, 2017 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Daishain Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 7

Daishain, this mostly for your info, while I didn't get exact links and keywords from you yet I went ahead and added in specifics to the code for Dungeons & Dragons, so special indexes like: Dungeons & Dragons Topics will now show the appropriate Threads related only to Dungeons & Dragons without me having to use a lower character search for the DB.

Blog Read My Blog
+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Daishain Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,