Pain Tolerance - Page 2 of 2

Men and women remember pain differently. Scientists - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 1 Week Ago

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Add Reply Q
Pain Threshold
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 75
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.2%
[+] Gain: 224.48 FP
Charm: 8

Pain Tolerance - Page 2

Meditation is a real thing- at least that's what the studies I've read have shown. Mindfulness and awareness of the self has been shown to increase overall wellbeing.

There is something to be said though, about pain and its purpose. Pain is meant to indicate that something is wrong. In terms of surgery and other things like this, a pain-reducing method might prove useful. If the issue is with the invasive nature of drugs to reduce pain during and after the procedure, scientists are working on many different techniques.

One of the newer ones is music. While this doesn't resolve all of the issues, it has been proven in some regards. Gate control theory and other pain theories play well into their studies as well, so these studies are not without a basis. There's a good article by Sarah Aldridge on the topic. I'm personally not a fan of using pain-relieving pills, but that's just because I come from a family with a dependency on them.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,544
Avg: 7.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 8,773.38 FP
Charm: 412

Tolerance Pain

With the number of people becoming addicted to pain medications I can see how it can turn into a se of street drugs. I think many people can become hooked on a stronger drug.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pain Tolerance Health & Special Psychology

Can pain increase the risk of dying early? Pain that interferes with daily life, rather than pain per se, was associated with an increased risk of early death in a recent analysis. Source 4q.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Daishain
Pain Tolerance
A Friend

Page 2 Tolerance Pain

Makes sense to me. There has long been proven links that the state of one's mind has a direct impact on physical health. If said mind is constantly in pain…

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 379
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.6%
[+] Gain: 274.10 FP
Charm: 2

Tolerance Pain

I've noticed that the older I get the more intolerant I am of pain. Maybe its part of aging but it is very irritating that every little discomfort disturbs your inner peace.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2017 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance

Young people with chronic illness more likely to attempt suicide. Young people between the ages of 15 and 30 living with a chronic illness are three times more likely to attempt suicide than their healthy peers, according to a new study. Source 9n.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2017 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,544
Avg: 7.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 8,773.38 FP
Charm: 412

Page 2 Pain Tolerance

Tired of life or tired of being ill it does not matter. Living with pain is a pain in the arse but one must strive to not let it effect them in such a negative matter. Pain tolerance is never fun but if you look at things differently maybe we can get some of these young adults to not think of suicide.

Post Date: 1 Week Ago / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance - Page 2

Men and women remember pain differently. Scientists increasingly believe that one of the driving forces in chronic pain -- the number one health problem in both prevalence and burden -- appears to be the memory of earlier pain. Research suggests that there may be variations, based on sex, in the way that pain is remembered in both mice and humans. Source 2p.

Guest please SHARE: "Pain Tolerance" on:

+  1 2 
Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Pain Tolerance Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Pain Tolerance

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2019
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Country (State) of the Day

Bahrain

Country of the day Bahrain

Unanswered Threads for Bahrain, which is the Country or State of the Day! Bonus FP & Charm for these Topics. See Here. Updated: Every hour.

Highlights

Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now one of the most controversial men in political history. By News 6 Hours Ago Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Trans 7 Days Ago Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By ILoveSMF 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Walter 20th Dec, 2018 - 9:08pm Discuss It!
Stan Lee: Top  Stan Lee Comics By SMF 11th Dec, 2018 - 1:08pm Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By Prodigy 7th Dec, 2018 - 6:31pm Discuss It!
Kissing Up To The Boss In The Workplace: Top  Kissing Up Boss In Workplace By Reformist 22nd Nov, 2018 - 7:05pm Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Pureyang 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:03pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes