Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Review - Page 4 of 4

QUOTE (Anronrosby)Has this issue really become - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 18th Jun, 2018 - 4:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Review
A Friend

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Review - Page 4

That is correct.

If anything, there's less reason for the exploding dice system as it currently exists for 5E than for previous editions, since players do not need to roll an attack again to confirm a critical hit.

That stated, for most players, only 1 in 20 attacks will produce a critical hit. Rolling extra damage for the other 95% of instances may be a little cumbersome, just a thought.

I am considering a houserule that would bypass the issue entirely. A [Critical Hit] adds max weapon damage to whatever was rolled the first time. But even if I implement it, that would only be for my game.

P.S. Gknight, if you need more dice roller rows, hit the add reply button rather than using the quick response window, it opens up quite a few more spaces.

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2017 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

international QUOTE (Daishain)
I am considering a houserule that would bypass the issue entirely.

Thank you, that would be a good idea and would lessen the amount of moderation / reminders / etc. Players may also be unaware that there are up to 20 Dice roll fields available thus thinking they need to make multiple whimsical Posts in order to get more rolls.

18th Jun, 2018 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

This game seems to have some timing problems: Daishain’s 5e Dungeons & Dragons Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 785 of 786. Whereas they are saying the issue is on one player it is really the task of the Dungeon Master to move it along. You may wish to set a standard time where all input should be in or you will move along. Please see: Game Master's Schedule Or Stop Waiting On Slow Players Guide and Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games.

18th Jun, 2018 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Review RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Has this issue really become a problem or question of timing? With one player? I've never known this game to have a problem before in this regard. However, I'm well aware that Daishain prefers a reasonably quick timely response, from players.

If I know that I cannot participate in a quick timely manner, in advance, I would inform him. If it were to be a lengthy delay, would then ask him to utilize the character as a NPC, if required.

18th Jun, 2018 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

international QUOTE (Anronrosby)
Has this issue really become a problem or question of timing?

According to some players it is a problem. It is also a problem for us if Players begin to go off topic and moderation begins, specially when Players use the "Like" button as a means to disparage other Members - that is a put off. Hence, the Dungeon Master is alerted to sort it out so the game can move on.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,