Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 158 of 1199

People settle in as best they can in the caverns - Page 158 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 259345
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 158

Cratol looks about? He shrugs and then heads back to lay down over by the area that leads to the spiders. HE wants to make sure no one but those able to defend themselves walks into the spiders area. As long as they are alive he will not anyone going in there accidentally.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sorry all. I posted this in the wrong thread. It is now posted in the proper thread.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Mar, 2017 - 2:38am

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cratol will sit down and meditate for a while as they all figure out the next step. HE will let his mind wander as he breathes deep and listens to things around him to indicate anyone trying to go past him. If none do he will remain this way for a good four hours or so unless someone wakes him.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 158 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As Fay starts his Song of Rest, he notices that another instrument echoes with his melody: a little off to the left and behind him, what seems to be a tall albino Tiefling female with a wild mane of white hair has pulled a long flute carved in bone with sharpened ends and blows a few notes quickly building up into a strangely mournful yet uplifting undertone to his main melody.

Out of Character: : everyone gets 2d4 healing instead of the usual D6, see Out of Character: Thread.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Those who go to report to Onthar and the town leaders find that the fort is still in good shape. The enemy has yet to even try moving against it. The fort's defenders have observed that the army is conducting a slow but thorough search. Moving from house to house, they're stripping homes of valuables, and rounding up any townsfolk they find. Little in the way of actual killing has been observed from the walls. It looks like anyone that doesn't put up too much of a fight are simply put in chains.

A large chunk of the army has shifted to the Southeast, specifically the area around where you fought the mounted patrol. They appear to be combing the area, trying to find out where you went.

As you finish telling your tale, Sir Onthar starts laughing and clapping you on the back. "Well done, well done! Are you sure you don't want to join the Order? You would do quite well. Listen, how about you and the rest of the Silver Blaze take a rest, you have certainly earned it. It looks like it may be a while before anyone can leave the fort anyways."
_______________________________________

Back in the cavern, Onwen finds some time to properly study the multiple items the group has gathered up until now.
-The sack with elvish script on it is simple enough, much like the door, simply saying the phrase embroidered on it is enough to activate its function, it becomes filled with a thick wafer of grains, nuts and berries, held together by a little honey. Onwen finds that he can only say the phrase three times before the item fails to respond. (Everlasting Rations 3/day, produce 1 day's worth of rations)
-The rapier claimed by Cahleth was a little more difficult to figure out, it appears to make it easier to hit a target with repeated strikes. (Sword of the Relentless, requires attunement If a target has been struck at least once in a round, on subsequent rounds for the next minute the user gains a +1 bonus to hit the same target. This bonus stacks with itself, up to a maximum of +3, though only the first hit in a single round counts in this regard.)
-The glowing stone floating above Poljen's head appears to have no function not already displayed
-The three strange seeds gathered from the dwarven druid, while definitely magical, elude Onwen. His best guess is that they need to be planted. What will happen then he cannot say.
-The pearl contains power, palpable, malleable. Onwen needs but reach out and tap into it. (Pearl of Power 1/day, as standard action, restore a used first level spell slot

The three still usable potions recovered from the old alchemy lab are as follows:
Potion of Protection from Poison (As L2 Ranger spell)
Potion of Cure Wounds (As L1 Cleric spell)
Potion of Senses ([i]Grants Scent ability for one hour, can detect creatures by smell, usually within 30 feet, though environmental conditions may improve or reduce range. Also grants advantage on Survival checks to follow tracks.[/]).

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Poljen nods at Sir Onthar's words. "An honor to be asked, but for now I am with the Silver Blaze. But who knows what the future may hold? Now, if these bandits do not wish to attack the fort, then they must simply want us to leave them alone while the loot the town and take prisoners. I think we should catch our breath and look things over. Maybe there are other small bands we can sneak back to attack, once the attention on the area around the tunnel exit dies down. After we rest for a bit, I will once more scale the tower with my spyglass. If anything important occurs before then, send word right away." He gives a slight bow to the people in charge, adding a grin directed at Tallis.

Poljen will then retreat downstairs to the cavern where he shares the ring and whistle with the others.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 158

Cratol listens to the music as he continues to meditate and listen for anyone moving towards the spider's area.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 158

People settle in as best they can in the caverns as the party rests from their trials while the bards play their tunes.

More townsfolk are brought down from the fort, and large groups of them are tasked with making the area more livable. A few large fires are made, and more torches are placed, until the inhabited part of the cavern is well lit and reasonably warm. Bedding is brought down, and debris is cleared away. Games for the children are organized both away from where people are trying to rest, and well away from where the spiders are. It is almost getting to be pleasant down here.

You occasionally get word on what is going on up above. The enemy gave up on finding you after nearly five hours of hunting, and went back to searching for townsfolk. Otherwise, things apparently remain relatively quiet and unchanging.

The group is almost done resting when the members of the Order of the Gauntlet and The Iron Fists come rolling through. They're leading their mounts, who are more than a little uneasy about being led down stairs and through a place like this, but well trained enough to deal with it. Sir Onthar stops off to speak with whomever among the Silver Blaze is available.

"We have an opportunity, there is a clear path to strike where the leaders have set up, and it looks like it will remain open long enough to exploit. If we move fast and hit hard, we should be able to break the back of this army. The fort is yours for now, everything looks quiet, which is why I want to move now. We also spotted a small group of townsfolk that has managed to avoid notice, we'll be rounding them up and sending them this way first."

"On our way back, we will most likely need heavy archer fire from the walls for a clean getaway, and intend to lead any pursuit into one of two kill boxes we've arranged. Tallis and others in the militia know where to shoot, and will be guiding the volunteer archers. But we would greatly appreciate it if you all helped keep them on point. I estimate we'll be needing that patch of sky to go dark in about two hours, so rest up, and be ready."

Out of Character: About thirty minutes remain until the end of the long rest. Anyone who doesn't intend to respond to Onthar is free to skip ahead to that point.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.