Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 23 of 1199

Cratol looks around for any of the bandits - Page 23 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jan, 2017 - 7:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

30th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256748
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2017 - 8:22am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 23

Out of Character: : I didn't realize earlier that Targul was so low on hit points. I would like to add healing word for my bonus action in turn 3 on Targul if possible.

Sponsored Links:
14th Jan, 2017 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Recalling her studies and tutelage from her life in Menzoberranzan, Sar'ai recognized what the spell the mage had just cast.
"Will have to time this just right… " the half-drow thought to herself.

Sar'ai then told Elanna to fly over to the approximate location where the mage was before he disappeared and gave her instruction to swoop down right next to the mage when he reappears.
As Elanna began heading in that direction, Sar'ai herself moved within range of the area and steadied her crossbow.

Out of Character: First of all, Faerie Fire is no longer active as you all saw that I failed my save. Secondly, here is what is being set up: Sar'ai is readying her attack action for when Elanna flys down right next to the mage which the owl will do as it's readied action upon the trigger of the mage reappearing from the ethereal plane. I know it's a lot of readying actions and delays, but if it all works, it'll be awesome *smile*.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+4): 13 (1 roll)
  • Damage on D6 (+2): 4 (1 roll)
  • Sneak attack on D6 (+0): 2 (1 roll)


Post Date: 14th Jan, 2017 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Round 3

Cahleth focuses, and releases his arrows. The first strikes the leader hard in the side. The second takes the man standing over Geoffroy in the throat, killing him. With a mighty effort of what mental reserve he can muster, Targul breaks free of the spell binding him. The mage appears nearby, and begins casting something, but Elanna swoops down, and Sar'ai's bolt catches him in the arm. The spell fizzles out, and he glares in her direction before disappearing again. The leader cries out in shock as the deathly hand appears out of nothingness and grabs him. He tries to shake it off, but it remains, sapping at his vitality.

Cratol moves swiftly, bringing down one man and badly injuring another with a brutal series of strikes. The monk's second opponent is then cut down by one of Sir Onthar's men, who have joined the fray. Another on the far end of the line goes down as well. Geoffroy stands, and prays to heal his wounds. The burns and cuts on his body lessen considerably in severity.

The leader continues to attack Poljen, the greatsword bites deep once more. For his part, the barbarian is unfortunately unable to connect with his opponent. With a word, Lia restores some of Targul's lost vitality, and inflicts a wound of her own on the Leader. The last bandit still active makes a run for it, dashing east as swiftly as he can, which is not very swift, as he's staggering from the earlier shatter spell. It should be an easy matter to bring him down or catch him.

Back at the caravan, Elyria is still holding onto Lady Muruvial, who finally snaps, "I said release me!" Electricity courses from her hands through the squire's body, and she releases the sorceress in shock.

Out of Character: Just the leader and the mage left as an active threat. The rest are dead, unconscious, or running away. Poljen takes 12 damage from the magic greatsword. Elyria takes 10 electricity damage from Miruvial's Shocking Grasp spell.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 14th Jan, 2017 - 4:36pm

14th Jan, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 23 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Terror says...

Being free from the spell, Targul's eyes light with a fire of revenge as he overcomes some of his damage through the will of a trained fighter ignoring the pain. He charges the leader in an attempt to help Poljen.

Targul Results:
  • Initative on D20 (+2): 4 (1 roll)
  • Second Wind on D10 (+4): 11 (1 roll)
  • Great Axe on Leader on D20 (+6): 15, 25 (2 rolls)
  • Damage on D12 (+4): 11 (1 rolls)
  • Crit on 19 or 20 on D12 (+0): 8, 6 (2 rolls)


14th Jan, 2017 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

"Enough of this!" Sar'ai spits after seeing the mage vanish again just as she reloaded another bolt,
"Cahleth, Lia, take out that straggler! We don't need the other camp bearing down on us just yet!"
(Telepathically)"Elanna, the leader. You know what to do."
Then the half-drow, becoming increasingly frustrated, grasps her amulet and begins reciting some arcane words. As she does, what appears to be a violet glow begins tracing down her hand and accumulating in her finger tips.

Out of Character: Again Sar'ai will ready an action on the condition when the mage reappears, which is Magic Missile. Elanna was tasked with running interference with the bandit leader to offer some aid to Poljen. (Same tactics as with the sorceress).

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Magic Missile on D4 (+1): 5, 4, 4 (3 rolls)


14th Jan, 2017 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Quiet Shadow says...

Finding himself so healed, at least by a fair amount, Geoffroy gives thanks to Lathander for his aid. Seeing that Targul was back on his feet and charging the leader, the cleric turns to use his magic upon him as well as he wanted to end the battle as quickly as possible. He did take notice of the fleeing bandit, and made his decision.

With fire swirling around his arms and to his hands, gathering energy as he prays to his god, the morninglord shoots two flaming rays of energy at the leader and the other at the bandit fleeing. Still, he kept enough calm to make sure to avoid his companion not wanting to make the same mistake as the sorceress.

Elyria lets go, a cry of pain from the shock given to her and falling backwards. The squire actually had a look of fear pass over her face as she looks at the sorceress before turning to see if anyone else would do anything. She found herself unable to get back up, at least for now, though she wasn't helpless.

Out of Character: : If you need to add a penalty to have Geoffroy avoid hitting Targul or anyone else attacking the leader, do so..

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Jan, 2017 - 6:57pm

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Scorching Ray (1&2) on D6 (+0): 4 (1 roll, as D4-6)
  • Scorching Ray (3) on D6 (+0): 5 (1 roll, as D2-6)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2017 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 23

Lia notices with satisfaction that this battle is almost over. She looks to see who should be healed next. Hearing Sar'ai call out about stopping the fleeing bandit she looks at him. She unhurriedly takes aim and sights in on him. Lia visualizes where she wishes the shot to go and closes her eyes. She lets loose and the arrow rockets towards the bandit's back with a twang from the string. Lia looks at the group pondering if anyone else needs healing. She glances at the bandit to see if the arrow does it's work.

Out of Character: : If the bandit is already downed by her turn she will shoot the leader then the mage depending on who is alive and visible.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2017 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 23

Cratol looks around for any of the bandits who are injured. He will make sure they are tied so they can not get away. He will use their own knives or swords to cut strips off their clothes to make sure they are tied tight. He will then start searching around to gather all the armor, shields, weapons, coins, and jewelry. He will take everything to the wagons where they can be stored.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.