Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 242 of 1199

Onwen spends much of his time riding near - Page 242 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th May, 2017 - 5:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

27th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256427
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 242

Velon is frustrated by their lack of options at the moment.

"I'm eager to get my hands on these followers of Tiamat! It does indeed appear that this terrain is too wide open for us to approach, however. We can't even get close enough to put this rear group to sleep or anything of the sort. It is unfortunate to miss an opportunity to take out their magic wielders! Do you think it would be possible to get around and ahead of this army during the night? If so we could let the main body pass in the morning, and then cut the kobolds and mages off. I'm not sure of the terrain ahead on the road however, and if there would be any place to hide."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol moves to the side so he can do his morning routine of excersing and stretching out so that he is ready to start the day. He goes through his moves in slow motion as he works on making sure he has the moves perfected.

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Continuing in the scout element, Fay's frustration mounts as the day goes on, but eventually he realizes there is naught to be done about it. Still, he burns to strike at this foe. He thinks of options, reaching for anything. "Amillë, how fast do Tallis be on her mount? Would sending her to scout well ahead of our enemy in search of the attacking force be possible? Would the danger be worth the risk? Mayhaps she could come back and let us know where they are and let them know we trail. In this we way we coulds't coordinate our actions. I know I sound desperate Amillë... But I feel desperate. Desperate to strike a blow against this evil. It is an affront to me very core that creatures such as these share fair Faerûn with us."

He thinks on what he said, "But if this we do 'twould require Tallis to swing well wide… and the danger. I fear the danger be not worth the risk. And how long would the trip with guarantee of success. Can thee think of no way to strike a blow at this enemy?"

Fay sees Mari standing slightly off the the side, at a respectful distance. "And what of thee Lady Mari, dost thou have any ideas? If so, I would hear them. I respect thee and any opinion of yours carries weight with me."

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 242 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia is frustrated as well. " Ionneg, I'm not sure about having Tallis scout ahead by herself like that. It is a lot of risk. If she is discovered there is no help for miles. " She purses her lips and runs a hand through her braid. " If she had help though… Mari and I could go with her. We are both stealthy and I can heal. That might work. Our allies need to know the situation. I would hate for them to go miles out of the way. Hours are precious for the captives. You should stay here with the main force and scout. Poljen needs you. I will speak to him of this later. ".

Mari's blue eyes widen in surprise when Fay addresses her. " I'm no military genius My lord. I've found that it is best to only fight when you have unfair advantage. Pick a place and time when you will win. There is no such thing as a fair fight. This would be attacking at a bad time. We have help coming. We should strike then. Why take unnecessary risks? I want them dead as much as you do, believe me. Timing is everything though.... " She pulls out two daggers and begins juggling them. After a moment they seem to disappear as she sheaths them. "As to when it is time to sheath our daggers in the enemy. "

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th May, 2017 - 2:54pm

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay looks at Mari, "My Lord? To whom dost thou refer? I am no lord to thee. To thee I be Fay, or thou can'st call me Faevalor if thou wishes to be formal. I... " Fay looks at Mari, shakes his head, and leaves it that… turning to look at the enemy again.

He looks for a minute then looks at Lia, "Amillë, I like your plan not at all… but sense it makes. I would come with thee, but 'twould leave our force too depleted. I would back you in this when you speak to Poljen, with tact, and only if you request." He turns to look at the enemy again.

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Mari looks at him in consternation. " Faevalor, you are a lord are you not? So Lia says anyways. She would not lie. Lords should be given their proper respect. Whether I am your servant or not doesn't change the fact that you are a lord. I.. " She looks a little flustered. " Lia interjects here. "Come Mari. Let us present this idea to Poljen. Ionneg, we will return shortly. "
Once they are out of earshot of Fay Lia looks to Mari. " Just because he is a lord doesn't mean you need to call him my lord. He gave you permission to not do so. Please call him Fay or Faevalor as he requested Mari. " Mari says " I understand Lia and will honor this request. " She glances back over her shoulder at Fay.

A few moments later they encounter their main group. They ride up to Poljen and Lia begins speaking. " Poljen, Fay has an idea and I think it is a good one. We have reinforcements coming but who knows where. They will march straight to Greenest if they aren't informed of this situation. That will waste precious days marching to get them to the camp. Tallis, Mari and I can ride ahead. We will ride well to the flank of the enemy army as to not be seen. Once we find the army coming from neighboring cities we can direct them to go straight to the camp. I have acquired a spell that allows me to communicate at any distance. I can use it to speak to you once or so a day and relay our location and find out where the enemy army is. What do you think bold barbarian?" Mari looks on with an almost hidden grin.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th May, 2017 - 4:11pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 242

Cratol stands by Mari as Lia tells Poljen the plan. He looks to Lia and Mari, "This is a bold but good plan. Keep yourself safe Lia and Mari I wold hate for anything to happen to you." He was looking at Mari when he stated the last.

11th May, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 242

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen spends much of his time riding near Poljen, keeping the warrior in his peripheral vision as a means to ride forward while jotting notes in his journal. He listens in as Lia speaks with Poljen, but he mostly keeps to himself, especially when it comes to tactical or strategic matters.




 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.