Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 29 of 1199

Geoffroy hear they shouldn't need - Page 29 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jan, 2017 - 1:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

25th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256010
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
17th Jan, 2017 - 2:14am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 29

The Quiet Shadow says...

Since that was taken care of, Geoffroy says with some consideration, looking to Targul, "Yes, continuing to the Southern Camp and meeting of with the rest to surround it does seem to be next course of action." He could still feel some weariness, but told him such could come later once all the bandits were taken care of. The cleric considers their prisoners, wondering what they might do with them once all information was taken from them.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Jan, 2017 - 2:14am



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen nods and smiles. "I agree. The southern camp, before they miss these three, would be smart. Though it is too bad we won't have Sar'ai's eyes in the skies to give us information about the enemy. But I am sure we will be victorious."

Poljen will also indicate they should ask their prisoner how many more are at the camp, and what sorts they are. "Any magic users there? How many use bows?"

17th Jan, 2017 - 2:43am / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Out of Character: I was wondering when the whole Onwen thing was going to happen. Interesting though. Daishain, do you allow insight checks on other players or are we just kind of expected to believe one another, because this is definitely not going to fade from Sar'ai's mind anytime soon. (Laugh)

Sar'ai smiles even brighter as the guard submits and drops his sword, "Very wise of you. Well, you won't be needing that, now will you?"
A ghostly hand materializes a few feet in front of the guard and then floats down and picks up the longsword after which floats back to Sar'ai which she takes. "Now then, as you can see, we have eliminated your little band here and your own life, well, if I may be frank, literally rests in our hands." The half-drow points the sword toward the guard and smiles then plunges it into the ground. "So, as it were, I woukd recommend full, honest answers to my questions. Are we at an understanding? Oh what am I saying, of course you'll tell me what I want to know. If you move your dead or if you refuse to answer or cooperate, I'm sure one of those people in there would love to take this sword and look at what you had for your last meal."
Sar'ai glances over to Lia and in elvish, "I do believe I've gotten him primed for interrogation. Yell for any trouble you may encounter in there, otherwise I'm going to start asking questions."

The wizard turns back to the guard, "So, for starters, what are you and you cohorts doing here and where are these prisoners of yours from? Greenest? Also, you made an interesting comment that I actually was trying to piece together myself; why would a mage join such a petty group as you?"

Out of Character: Sar'ai will do an insight check on any of his responses.
Elanna will begin flying into the different tents, giving each a once over before relaying back what she sees.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Insight on D20 (+3): 15 (1 roll)


Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 29 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia opens the gate to find 13 people looking at her with varying degrees of shock and disbelief. Mostly human, with a few dwarves and halflings mixed in. Every single one of them is female.

They appear to be reasonably healthy. No overt signs of physical abuse. However, quite a few appear to be in the throes of deep seated grief.

Their tales vary somewhat in the specifics, and only a few of them were together before their capture, but all of them were traveling along the Uldoon trail when their group was pinned down by archers firing from both sides. Anyone who fought back was killed on the spot. Of those who surrendered, only healthy young women were kept here, with the rest being dragged off somewhere to the north, they have not been seen since. The first of the prisoners to be brought here came in thirteen days ago.

Many of the prisoners thought that they were being kept to… service their captors, but for some reason that has not occurred. In fact the bandit leader almost killed the first and only person who tried to take liberties with them.
_______________________________________

The guard being questioned by Sar'ai nods vigorously, trying to assure her he'll be helpful if he can just leave with his life. "The mage Linn was our employer. He was paying us a lot of money to help him eliminate anyone traveling along this trail. Had us set up camp here half a month ago."

"I don't know why. Listen, I didn't want to be here, I was forced. I'd have been killed if I did anything other than comply."

Sar'ai's instincts tell her that he's telling the truth, right up until the point where he starts claiming coercion.

Elanna meanwhile is busy flying in and out of tents. There are three large pavilion type tents, and two sized for personal use. The large ones seem to be a barracks, a storage space filled with all kinds of goods, and a mess hall. One of the smaller tents appears to be personal quarters for two people, from the looks of things it belonged to the leader and one of the women whose clothing you now wear. The other small tent has arcane runes neatly stitched into the fabric. Elanna chooses to stay away from that one until Sar'ai takes a look at them.

While investigating the camp she also sees a row of wagons, most are damaged in one way or another.

[Concerning Sar'ai's suspicions about Onwen. If you want to force a roll off you may do so while describing how your character goes about trying to tease out the info in question. Your Insight roll vs his Deception roll. Note that in the interest of letting people actually have a chance to keep secrets, the 'defending' player usually will be granted a significant bonus to their roll depending on the circumstances, and such a challenge cannot be repeated until/unless new evidence of deception accrues. Sound fair?]
_______________________________________

The scout being questioned by Cahleth and Poljen says, "There is one proper mage, he's a nasty one, but he stays with the other camp, thank the gods. All of us use bows."
_______________________________________

Upon learning of the outcome with the scouts, Sir Onthar gives the word to move out. Onwen and a few others will stay with the caravan, while the rest move to surround the southern camp before they get moving. He asks that Frel and Cahleth go on ahead again to ensure minimal surprises on the way.

17th Jan, 2017 - 4:11am / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Knowing her illusion is about to end, but picking up on his slanted view of his involvement with this situation, Sar'ai will ask him one final question, "Did you personally lay a hand on any of these women?" The half-drow close the gap between her and the guard to about 10 feet, raising her hand crossbow aimed directly at his face.
"I would strongly advise honesty as I merely need to ask one of them and how do you think they'll respond, hmm?"

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Intimidation on D20 (+3): 11 (1 roll)
  • Insight on D20 (+3): 8 (1 roll)


Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Lia looks at the women with sympathy. She continues speaking to them. " We have a caravan going to Greenest to assist there if needed. Sar'ai and I can take you to the others in a short while. We have just eliminated one of the two bandit camps. Our friends will be taking care of the other in just a moment. I know that it doesn't bring your loved ones back but justice is being served now. We will make sure it is safe to join them before we leave here. Our group will do all we can to aid you and see you to safety." Lia does all she can to comfort and console the grief stricken women. She calls for Sune's blessing upon the women. Lia will help the women go through the paddock looking for supplies or other desired clothes.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Jan, 2017 - 4:47am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 29

"What? No, no, I never touched them. That was the other part of the deal. Any women captured were to be kept alive and unspoiled. Linn said people were supposed to be picking them up at some point."

Sar'ai is uncertain whether or not this is the truth.

Lia finds very little within the paddock of use. However, thanks to Elanna, Sar'ai is able to point her to the tent where the bandits have been keeping their supplies. The needed goods can probably be found there.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 17th Jan, 2017 - 5:07am

17th Jan, 2017 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 29

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy hear they shouldn't need to worry about another mage, though just in case he would prepare himself just in cause there was. Once everything was in order and they went back to camp to give Sir Onthar word of what they learned. Still fully healed, but a bit tired, the Morninglord was about as ready as he'd ever be.

Elyria, wishing to speak with her brother before he leaves, says softly to Geoffroy, "Please, don't go charging in. I don't learn you died because you felt using your Morningstar was better then calling upon the power of Lathander." Though the training and morning routine she and her brother went through was quite similar to his time as a knight, he had taken a somewhat altered path.

"I will be careful," Came his reply, though Geoffroy did offer, "I might have been fine though if the fireball hadn't been throw." Still, it was true, he had rushed in a bit more carelessly then he should.




 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.