Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 40 of 1199

Linn's tent is quite neat and orderly. - Page 40 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 7:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

25th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 281412
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
21st Jan, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 40

The Terror says...

While waiting for the rest of the group to finish their business and be ready to travel, Targul will wander a bit around the northern camp investigating each of the tents looking for whatever he may be able to find.

Targul Results:
  • Perception, if needed on D20 (+3): 5 (1 roll)


Sponsored Links:
22nd Jan, 2017 - 1:05am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen nods to Sir Onthar and approaches the tent carefully looking over the runes trying to discern what they are; if they are consistent with anything he has seen before in his arcane studies.

Onwen Brecht Results:
  • Arcana on D20 (+6): 8 (1 roll)


Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia and Onthar head north. They don't go very far before the scent of putrefaction becomes noticeable. Eventually, they can see the four missing prisoners ahead. Two seem to be praying on their knees, the other pair are hugging and weeping.

Beyond and below them is a large ditch, filled with the bodies of humanoids. The corpses were unceremoniously stripped naked and piled on top of each other. There are dozens of them, in various states of decay. Those on top look to have been killed this morning. On the far side of the ditch are a few wild dogs, they're worrying at one of the fresher corpses, ignoring the beings nearby as they tear off flesh.
_____________

Back at the camp, Sar'ai completes her ritual. She senses several magic signatures in range. The tent has an abjuration effect, the rod and ring are transmutation, the bracelet is evocation, and surprisingly, the jar of sand taken from Miruvial's saddlebags seems to have an enchantment effect.

Upon investigation, the illusionist quickly determines that the tent is warded to deal harm to any who enter without speaking a command word. Said word is a part of the language stitched into the fabric, and she is fairly certain that anyone saying the word 'Cobalt' will be unharmed upon entering.

The ring appears to be made to enhance the guile of its wearer (Advantage on deception checks, requires attunement).

The rod is a well known item called an Anytool. A staple of well prepared travelers everywhere, the rod can transform into any simple tool with minimal moving parts and small enough to be used with one hand. (Hammer, crowbar, shears, etc. If used to attack, it is always considered an improvised weapon)

Sar'ai is fairly sure the bracelet has something to do with fire magic, and the sand's effect is released by throwing handfuls of it, but she is uncertain of their exact function.

As it turns out, Onwen is somewhat less familiar with these particular types of magic, or perhaps is simply distracted by other matters, but is still able to confirm many of Sar'ai's conclusions.

[P.S. Onwen, you still have that book of Linn's that was written in Draconic. Going to try and get it translated?]
_____________

Cahleth's gift is taken with many thanks, they look a fair bit more confident in this venture. He and Poljen sees that most of the women are already armed, and many of them seem to know the bare basics of handling a bow. But none have seen actual combat save for when they were captured. They ask the pair and any others willing to help for some instruction.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 22nd Jan, 2017 - 3:22am

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 40 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen nods at the women, especially the pair who intend to travel to Greenest. He says, "We will be leaving soon, but let me show you some simple moves. Your safest bet is to stay with a companion. Numbers offer a great advantage, even against a skilled foe." He shows them the basics of thrusts, "Harder to parry, and can keep an opponent back, and off-balance," and parries. "Keep your feet moving, your sword too. They have to focus on that, which gives you a chance to find an opening, either to flee or strike." He and Cahleth, and perhaps Targul, can get the women to spar a little, though he knows that soon they will go separate ways. His final word of advice, "There is no such thing as a fair fight. If you run into trouble, do not worry about fighting honorably. You fight to win, to survive. If you can throw a pot of boiling water while in camp on an enemy, he will scream, and you can kill him. Strike for legs, knees, kick them in the balls, anything you can hit. Make them bleed, and they will tire, or die. Stay calm, and best of luck. I look forward to meeting up with you in Baldur's Gate, to hear the tale of your travel there, over a feast and some ale."

The two women coming with them to Greenest he will evaluate as fighters, offering pointers if they wish. And if they seem brave and resolute, he will nod in respect. "Welcome. I will be honored to fight at your side." He says with his normal smile.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia looks in horror at the scene. This is such a desecration of all that she values. " May Sune grant peace to these women. " The cleric joins the women. " Hi. I'm Lia. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is an abomination to Sune. I wish I could bring your loved ones back but I can't. " Lia frowns and looks away for a moment, fighting back tears. The grief overwhelming the women really touches her. " Anything I can do to help, just let me know. She will talk to the women for a few minutes offering encouraging words then offer to pray with them if they wish.

22nd Jan, 2017 - 5:12am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy takes the hand offered, giving Poljen a small smile before saying, "No hard feelings my friend." The cleric was glad that got cleared up, though he would be more mindful of all his companions on his journey.

Having taken a short rest and feeling somewhat refreshed and ready to continue however it might be, Geoffroy looks for his sister who he had seen had also dosed off. Leaving her be for now, he went to check on what everyone else was doing. Checking on the progressing of how the prisoners were doing, offering words of encouragement and seeing how they were all feeling.

Finding Sar'ai and Onwen, the cleric consider their collection of items they are studying before asking, "So what all have you found?" He had never taken the time to really study anything involving the arcane, so Geoffroy would be at a lose of what made most everything the two had special. Still, it was good to know what would be available from what was gathered.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Jan, 2017 - 3:25pm



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jan, 2017 - 6:25am / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 40

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

As Sar'ai stands, her ritual complete, she slides the ring on her right ring-finger. "I do believe I'll be keeping this." The half-drow looks to Geoffroy and Onwen, "The rod is an 'anytool' and the bracelet is imbued with an evocation enchantment; something to do with fire based magic. I personally do not use such magic, and the rod, well, honestly it could be of use to any of us. I'll let you decide which you'd like but I am keeping the ring."
Sar'ai, smiling, extends her hand which is now adorned with the piece of jewelry, "It's as if it was made for me, wouldn't you agree?" She doesn't wait for a response from either, "Oh, and the tent has some form of protection spell placed on it requiring a specific word to be uttered to be allowed within unharmed."
The wizard then turns toward the front of the tent and says firmly, "Cobalt." Then moves to enter the dead mage's tent.

Out of Character: Sar'ai will let Onwen and Geoffroy figure out what to do with the rod and bracelet. She does speak up about the jar of sand but admits she does not know the full extent of its properties.



Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 7:02am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 40

Linn's tent is quite neat and orderly. A cot with a particularly well made bedroll is on the right hand side. There is a large metal bound chest next to it, it appears to have a solid looking lock.

There is also a small altar in the corner, a simple kneeling pad before it and candles arranged around. Its centerpiece is a thin disc of polished grey marble. The surface has been carved away to feature a raised quintet of what looks like wickedly curved claws. They're arranged in something resembling a five pointed star, and lacquered in different colors, white, green, black, red, and blue.

Poljen's assessment of the two wanting to go to Greenest is mixed. They seem to have grit, and carry themselves reasonably well, but they're currently lacking in experience. If open conflict breaks out, he suspects for now they would be best used as support, either working with a group of archers, or acting as runners behind a front line.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.