Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 400 of 1199

Silas replies to Poljen "There are several - Page 400 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jul, 2017 - 3:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 258527
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2017 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 400

Silas grins a bit at Fay's comment. "While you're looking for invisible people, keep an eye out for improbably clean floors and bits of metal floating in what seems to be air. And before I forget, if you see a brain walking on four legs, think of a brick wall blocking it off in your head and then smash the thing to a pulp."

After the discussion about who is and who is not actually a member of the Blaze and who can do what, he shakes his head and comments. "You wall yourselves off needlessly. You have fought and shed blood together, and are engaged in business that supersedes any of the petty concerns that so often divide thinking beings. I certainly will not tell you to blindly trust Jack and Oswald, truth be told, I've learned more about the pair than they've told you and I cannot say I absolutely trust them myself. By which I mean no offense to you two."

"But Oswald happens to be correct in this. A certain level of trust and respect is needed if you are to have the best chance to both achieve your goal and survive to celebrate it, it is a matter of necessity, squabbling with your brothers in arms is a good way to get people killed. It is your business, but I would suggest being a little less adamant about who does and does not carry the group title."

As you talk the group proceeds down the tunnel, passing by several offshoots. Eventually, the blood spots you have come to associate with the duergars' trail veer off to the right while you continue on.

About half an hour later, you hear a deep rumbling ahead. The source of the noise becomes clear not long afterwards when the path you are on terminates in fallen rock blocking your path. Dust still hangs in the air from the collapse

Silas says, "Someone collapsed this deliberately, I can only assume that it was our new friends for our sake." Walking up, he places a hand on it and shuts his eyes. A few moments later he backs off and shakes his head, "It is too much, I'd exhaust myself long before making it through. This will take days to clear, and that is if we remain undisturbed."

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 26th Jul, 2017 - 11:46pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2017 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen curses softly once, then shrugs. "Does your map show us another way out close to our destination?" He kicks a random rock.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Fay's face is grim, "It appears these new… friends of ours want another go at us. He looks at the group,, "I would bet they have reinforcements since they know what we be capable of."

To Silas he says, "I think what Lia says isn't about trust. 'Tis about taking time before taking charge. Earning one's rank so to say. She dressed me down right proper fer it too when I was but a day with this group. Surprised I be that she be the only one saying anything."

Fay thinks on it for a minute, "One might say it be a lesson I'm still trying to learn. Now, how do we get where we need to be and get there with being ambushed by 100 dwarves seeking revenge. Dwarves be big on revenge I hear."

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 27th Jul, 2017 - 12:08am

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 400 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Listening to what Lia, Silas, and eventually Fay said, he grimaces and says; "You are right, I wasn't giving the group the same trust that I was asking. I have been too reliant on my skills and experience, especially my drive to keep the group safe by relying on my judgement over the group's. For that I apologize."

He sighs, mostly to himself. "From now on I will ask and not state. So, do you think rearscout will be the best place for me in this group? If you have any questions about my skills or myself while we travel, please ask." He looks at Silas as he says that. "You are right to doubt me, I have done some horrible things in my past; things that I can never make amends for. But I am trying hard not to be that person anymore, or ever again."

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo looked at the pile of stones clogging the hallway and said, "We truly are between a rock and a hard place. If we are to fight them then we should do it quickly before they have even more help. Otherwise, finding a different path would be the best solution."

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

"Well this is less than ideal. As much as I like following their lead right into a trap, we must have some tricks of our own. Come on you lot, if I'm the smartest one here we're all doomed! (Laugh). Any ideas? Anyone have any illusory magic? Perhaps a spectral hand to carry Fay's sword and a cloak to set off their trap too soon? That is, if Master Baronsson would allow."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 400

Cratol looks at the collapsed tunnel and shudders. "Well at least they collapsed it before we were in there." He heads back a ways as we decide which way to go next. He looks for any signs of people trying to sneak up on them.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 400

Silas replies to Poljen "There are several other ways through, but this path was chosen as the safest that would also see us back above ground in less than a day's march. Most likely, a detour would require us to make camp down here at some point, a situation I would prefer to avoid."

He sighs and states, "I must apologize, this trip was not intended to be a major challenge. It still may not end up being one, but the risks appear to be getting higher than anticipated."

Bringing out the maps, he starts pointing out alternate routes. "We could head east, and take this next highway. It is the next fastest path out of here. Two concerns though, there was a report of a beholder in this area, and the blood trail left by the enemy led that way. If they figured out our route enough to block this path, they may very well have assumed that east is the direction we would divert to. I must admit to not being inclined to do what they expect."

"Going in the opposite direction, the next two northbound highways to the west are reportedly lost, some manner of large arcane explosion brought several layers of this place down in that area. We will have to travel further by that route in order to bypass the rubble than we would going east, but at least we have no reason to expect anything is lying in wait that way, at least not specifically for us."

He hesitates, and then taps the spot marked for the well you entered by, "Or, we could turn back, we should have few troubles getting back out the way we came in. That however presents risks of its own. If those watching you before we entered this place catch wind you have clambered back out, the cult in the swamp will most likely end up knowing you are coming for them. Their ignorance that anyone even knows they are there in the swamps is among the largest advantages you have in this."

Out of Character: so basically you can bugger out and run a risk of tougher challenges later, try the fast route and probably meet up with the Duergar again, or take the route that is about three times as long as option #2, but may or may not be safer. Other even more circuitous routes exist, but will likely take multiple days to travel.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.