Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 401 of 1199

"Yes, Silas, can we defeat a Beholder? - Page 401 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jul, 2017 - 12:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 278542
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 401

Lia frowns as Silas speaks about their argument. She is about to say something but stops as Oswald speaks. " Oswald, I'm glad to see you taking that so well. I'm happy that no offense was taken. No apology is necessary. It is as if it never happened. I know that it is hard being the new person joining up with an established group. As Silas said, we have shed blood together and sometimes things go wrong. As far as I'm concerned I think that you would be very suitable at rear guard right now. I'll stay back here with you since your vision is hampered right now. We will work together. "

She purses her lips for a moment then resumes speaking. " These Duergar wish to engage us again? Apparently they are slow learners. Velon, I don't have much in the way of illusory magic. I have a cantrip (Guidance) that I can use to project my voice or create sounds up to 30 feet away from me. I know that is of limited use. Sune doesn't specialize in any kind of spells that you spoke of. "

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jul, 2017 - 3:51am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen shrugs. "Bah! I say if we have to face any trouble, let it be those that are the cause. I say we take the route their blood trail went. It still is the fastest way to where we go, we may get to cause the dark dwarves more cuh-lam-it-ee, and whatever a Beholdermight be, I am sure we can defeat it."

Out of Character: : Paul knows very well what a Beholder is, but I don't see a reason Poljen would. Besides, let him whack that sucker a few times with his sword, and it will get the idea we are not ordinary adventurers! Ha!

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oswald nods briefly to Lia. "If we had some way to get back to the surface and out of the city unnoticed that would be preferable; but short of using the teleportation scroll and casting some form of mass invisibility, I don't see that happening. I'd also prefer to not use the scroll just yet."

He looks down the passage towards where the Duergar are likely lying in wait. "I have no qualms facing the deep dwarves again, but I've never encountered a beholder before. I know nothing of them other than they are deadly and that even seasoned adventurers have fallen to them."

Oswald looks at his copy of the map, his eyes drifting back to the well. "If only we could head back up, using the excuse of the bodies and a blocked tunnel for our early return, and somehow figure out a better way; or even possibly acquire some form of gear that could aid us through here."

He shakes his head. "That or hire some illusionist to convince people that we went back into the well and then have them sneak us out of town." He continues to shake his head in doubt of the right path. "What's everyone else's thought? It seems like now is as good a time for a brainstorm session as any."

Out of Character: If the group discusses this long enough, would it count as a short rest?

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 401 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia shrugs as she thinks about the situation. " There isn't a good or easy path to choose. Going the long way around or going back up will greatly hamper our chances of retrieving the mask in time. Going back up almost guarantees that others will find out what we are up to. If we go the long way then there is no guarantee of not having problems on that path. "

" We know how to handle the Duergar. The beholder is a different story however. I trust in the resourcefulness of this group here. I vote to take the direct route. "

Mari remains quiet. She stays as far away from Silas as possible. The half-elf studies the faces of the party, wondering which way they wish to go.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jul, 2017 - 5:01am

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 6:00am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jack has remained on the outer edge of the group, scanning their surroundings intently. He throws a meaningful glance at Fay after listening to everyone's opinions before voicing his thoughts to him: " In any case the Duergar will probably be having lunch with the Beholder at this time, discussing on new creative ways to dispose of us all as we are here having our little convention… But it's a tough choice, all right. As for me, I'm just here to get the job done without getting killed !". He nods at Oz with a small, wry smile: "... As is my colleague here. What is your learned opinion, Master Deepshadow ? Reckon you can take us through the long route without kicking more earthenware ? Or should we go all warlike and charge into the ugly old gray dwarves' den ? I'm not really keen on the idea, but maybe old Golden Claw here has a trick up his sleeve to give us some kind of edge on them ?... "

He finally comes closer to Poljen and gives the big barbarian a cursory look before adding: "Yeah, sure, you should go at a Beholder in single combat and make him swear not to use his many magical powers against you, just to crush you in his pointy teeth… I'm not questioning your valor here, big man, but really this may be a bigger challenge that you think. I knew a Beholder once, a Guild Master working for the Zentharim, he was. And NOT a nice chappy at all, trust me. Lots of heroes' blood on his hands, except he didn't have any. Hands. Anyway, you get my point… "

He turns towards the rest of their group:" I'm sorry if I'm raining on our party here, but I vote to AVOID danger instead of chasing it. The long way around sounds perfect, especially if none of the things that lay waiting there ever find out about us: using discretion and speed combined is the way we should work this, people… we can do it !"

He finally falls silent, nodding at Geoffroy and waiting for the others to reach their decision.

Attached Image Edited: AshDrunbar on 27th Jul, 2017 - 6:08am

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 6:23am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Fay listens to the arguments swirling around him. Finally he says his piece, "Velon, I not be sure but I think if the sword leaves me hand the light will be extinguished. I feel it more than know it if ye follow me meaning. As fer our route, out not be an option, least ways not yet. I side with me big friend here, let us follow those that caused this and hope they haven't found reinforcements. At the ready we must be."

He thinks for a few seconds then adds, "Of course, this ultimately be up to Geoffroy. It is his shoulders the final decision rests. My advice is follow the dwarves and find the shortest route out, yet the other route has merits as well. Down one we can be fairly certain trouble awaits, but we know that trouble's flavor. Down the other there may be no trouble, but if there is we known't what it may be. One thing Sir Geoffroy, I strongly oppose leaving and calling the mission into risk."

Fay falls silent, clearly concerned at their present situation.

Out of Character: I'm not sure about the sword. The way it reads I don't think Velon's idea would work. It states about while grasping the hilt. I think Fay would know that, if indeed I'm reading the rules right, since he's connected to it.

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 27th Jul, 2017 - 6:27am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 401

Oswald looks at his friend, his eyes saying; "I don't know." He lifts up the map. "Hard to tell the best course of action. We could go the long way, though we'd have to rush to stand a chance of succeeding at our mission, and we don't know the conditions over there. For one, it could be blocked like here, and that blockage could easily be more than a days travel down the tunnel. There are too many unknown factors that are over there. Not to mention that rushing always leads to mistakes."

He shakes his head. "It sounds like there is only one option, but we shouldn't make this decision uneducated. Silas; what do you know of Beholders? Strengths, weaknesses, abilities, durability? Would it be possible to avoid it entirely? Is there a way to mask our presence? Most importantly; do you think we could survive an encounter with one?"

Attached Image Edited: Robertreaper on 27th Jul, 2017 - 6:41am

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 401

"Yes, Silas, can we defeat a Beholder? It seems the dwarves have all the advantage now."

Out of Character: Sticky spot for our Dungeon Master! (Laugh) This is the DMPC's plan and he has by far the most knowledge and should probably make the call, but I'm sure the Dungeon Master would rather the players decide their fate. Hm....


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.