Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 420 of 1199

"Very well then, the barrier is dropping - Page 420 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 280071
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 420

"Poljen, if Poppo succeeds I'm guessing you'll join me here with Silas? Take the necklace. I've never seen a warrior more stout of heart and body. You'll have the best chance. I fear both my sword and my magic will do little against the beast, but I will guard Silas as best I can nonetheless."

"Hopefully this is our last stand before getting out of here. The group could use a rest. Do you actually GET tired, Poljen?" Velon adds with a smile.

"Lia, Geoffory, is anyone able to cast a Blessing upon our first line of defense versus the breath of the gorgon? We need all we can muster to ensure our constitution holds!"

Out of Character: Bless will really help. I can cast, but am concentrating at the moment. Not sure who the third target should be right now if the group doesn't argue with Velon and Poljen taking on the gorgon in the front and guarding Silas. Another could join if they wish. Sounds like Geoffroy will be too, but I know the Bless would counter our little meta effort to help Thomaslee find a good place for Geoffroy to exit for now.

Edit: Just saw Poljen's post just as I posted. To be specific as he suggested, I'll have Velon stand halfway between Poljen and Silas, so 10ft gap between each. He'll be the second line of defense. Basically just a wall of meat and metal with a high AC so that Silas can maintain concentration. I'll roll ranged firebolts and melee cantrips as needed, but I'm guessing the damage will be halved at best. Who has that good ol psychic damage per Silas's insight?

Attached Image Edited: Cinder on 7th Aug, 2017 - 5:58pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo wants to be as far down the northern hallway as he can go without disrupting his concentration but staying within the protection of the party.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poppo finds that the pressure he feels fades away and ceases as he heads north. The devil has been banished back to its home.

Not long after Silas stops, "I cannot go much further and maintain that barrier. Is everyone on board with this?

Out of Character: I should note that gorgons aren't resistant to damage, Silas just meant they have a high AC.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 420 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo lets out a sigh of relief and then walks to Silas and says, "I should return this to you. Thanks for the loan. I think you saved our bacon! I'm ready to tackle these beasties if everyone else is."
With that Poppo goes to the edge of the side of the hallway and mentally flips through the spells he has at his disposal.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oswald will continue to scout ahead until relieved. At this point he will slow down and keep an eye out for traps as well.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Lia nods at the plan. " I am all in on this. It is much better than being pursued through these tunnels. " Lia has her shield hefted still and her other hand free. The cleric will stand about 10 feet off to the right of Velon. She calls upon Sune again asking for blessing on Poljen, Velon and whoever the third person will be. She closes her eyes and prays to Sune to help them in this fight.

Mari stands about ten feet to the left of Silas. She still has her twin shortswords drawn. Mari estimates the distance and doesn't want to lose time stowing weapons when the enemy charges.

Specific Action: Lia casts bless on Poljen, Velon and whoever the third person will be. She cast it at 2nd level since she is out of 1st level slots. The fourth person blessed will be Silas.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:20pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 420

Jack bends down to quickly pat the bodies of the fallen Duergar while he keeps an eye towards the eastern tunnel, his face taut with tension as he calls out to Poljen: "On you go big man, I'll be not too far behind you and try and make sure to back you up. There's probably a way I can distract that thing long enough for you to get a good strike against it. Just concentrate and try to look at it like an armored cow with bad breath !".

He looks up and winks at the group members standing by as he finishes his inspection of the bodies. "We got this, you lot. If we lose this fight, I'll personally eat my own coat. If I'm still standing, that is… "

Out of Character: will move to N11, huddling against the wall while shooting bolts at the creature from the shadow and using his Help action to grant Poljen advantage on his attack rolls. If Poljen already gets the ability, then Jack will back up Velon or whoever else is fighting the gorgon up close, always making sure to keep just within the 30 feet distance for the ability to be effective but never getting close enough to expose himself to the Gorgon's attacks.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 420

"Very well then, the barrier is dropping now. I won't be able to see while doing this, so if you need me to move, please lead me."

It is only a few minutes before you can hear them coming up the highway, metal hooves scraping along the stone at a fast pace. Soon enough, they emerge from the darkness, first one gorgon, then the other. You can hear booted feet stamping along behind them as the grey dwarves follow their hulking vanguard.

Silas says a few words, his eyes starting to glow white, then steps behind the corner. The lead gorgon's eyes start to glow as well, it stops and snorts, shaking its head as the magic starts to take hold.

Its companion is still coming however, and fast.

[You can't see the duergar yet, but can hear them. The gorgon Silas is busy coopting has been highlighted in grey. We'll go ahead and keep your previous initiative rolls as it is pretty much the same conflict. Source 6o]

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:49pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.