Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 54 of 1199

Poljen, being afoot on the same side of the - Page 54 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2017 - 1:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

24th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 260085
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 54

Lia observes the halfling and feels that she isn't evil. She steps forward a few steps and stops. " We mean you no harm good woman. We have received a message from Greenest. I am a cleric of Sune. We are scouts for our group who are traveling to assist Greenest in this dire time. The bandits we dealt with numbered almost 50. This would appear to be a very large operation. They might have bandits stopping passage on all the roads into Greenest. Bandits might not be the main threat though. We don't know who is behind this coming attack on Greenest. We have reliable information that an attack is imminent though. The roads being closed off all around the city would indicate that an assault on the city is coming. We were following you because we saw you in the distance. After what we just went through we were afraid that you were a spy for the enemy. We could not make you out at that distance. " Lia smiles a reassuring smile at the halfling.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

She hesitates for a few long moments, then lowers her bow. "My gut's telling me you speak the truth, it isn't often wrong. Bubbles, that's enough."

The big dog instantly ceases his aggressive posture, sitting down and adopting a goofy grin.

"My name is Tallis Whitby, I serve as captain of the Greenest militia, and I need to know everything you do about what's going on."

She's still wary, but is willing to return to the caravan with you.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cahleth will eagerly start talking, filling her in on everything the party knows, including showing her the amulet he lifted from one of the corpses. As the scout team escorts her back to the wagon he fills her in about Sir Onthar, and the mission they signed up for. He plans on making a formal introduction between she and Onthar once back at the caravan.

As he wraps up informing her of all the details he stops dead in his tracks, "Now it is your turn my fair lady. What do you know?"

Out of Character: I picked up my bow of course :).

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 54 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Hold up, you said there were women you rescued. Was there an older halfling by the name of Lily?" Upon being informed that there was not, she simply says "Oh." And begins her report with a tinge of controlled sadness in her voice.

"Some time ago, the mages and priests in town started hearing some kind of buzzing on the weave. I have no idea what's going on with that, and those I've talked with don't seem to either."

"I wasn't too worried about that, either they'd work it out, or more experienced mages elsewhere would. But then Fosco was several days late returning from his trip to Asbravn, and people started noticing that all incoming traffic had ceased, including people who are known to be as regular as clockwork. We don't see as much traffic as some of the other trade roads, but it is usually a steady stream."

"I sent some of my men to check it out, only for none to return. Wanted to follow them, I'm better than anyone in Greenest at remaining unseen, but the Governor forbade me to go that far. I've been stuck patrolling well inside where we think the perimeter is, looking for signs of trouble."

She shakes her head in frustration, "So far, every attempt to communicate with others, by magical or mundane means, has apparently failed. Wellesby, the closest thing we have to a local wizard, even hauled out a dusty teleport scroll. The attempt blew up in his face somehow, he's still recovering. Father Falconmoon says he can't even begin to get in contact with Chauntea for guidance."

"The town is doing well enough all things considered. But people are getting scared. If a serious attack is coming, I don't know how well we can fare. The fort is solid enough, but small, and the curtain wall more suited to discouraging goblin raids than holding up under siege."

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 1st Feb, 2017 - 7:26pm

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia frowns upon hearing this. " I think we need to assume that Greenest will be under attack at any moment. We should press forward as quickly as possible. What we have seen and you have told us tells us that there is a coordinated plan to shut off Greenest from outside assistance. The longer this drags on the harder it will be for whom ever is behind this to maintain this blockade. I'm really worried about what we will find when we get there. We need to get safely behind those walls as quickly as possible. "

The wood elf scans the surroundings. She feels as if the jaws of a trap are closing around them. " How far away from Greenest are we now?"

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 1st Feb, 2017 - 10:51pm

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

"I'm inclined to agree. Greenest isn't too far. A fast rider could get there around noon if they set off now, your wagons, late afternoon."

Around this time, your little party catches back up with the caravan, returning with a stranger and her canine mount attracts some attention. How do you handle the introduction?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2017 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 54

Cahleth will bound up to Sir Onthar once within line of sight, leaving the others slightly behind. He'll explain the sitution fully, emphasizing the need to make haste to Greenest. He suggests that anyone with a good steed could ride ahead to ensure the path for the caravan is clear.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2017 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 54

Poljen, being afoot on the same side of the road that Cahleth and the others come from, sees the newcomers with them, and his eyes go wide. He slings his sword and shield and spreads his arms wide and crouches down. "PUPPY!" he yells. "I love dogs! Come here, pup!"

Out of Character: : If you want an Animal Handling roll, I will do it. But if it serves comic relief to have the dog knock him down and start gnawing a part of him, that's cool.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.