Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 8 of 1199

During these first few days of travel, Cahleth - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jan, 2017 - 5:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2017 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 8

Poljen watches Lia as she uses perfume, combs her long hair and then cleans her face and hands. As the pretty elf clambers back into her saddle the tall, rangy barbarian grins and says, "Lia, you don't need to resort to those measures. Your natural beauty is almost enough to blind any man as it is!" He shades his eyes and adds, "And I would think the squire needs more lessons in fighting than she does in primping and preening."

Out of Character: : Poljen is totally unaware of how offensive he might be with these comments… but Paul the Player is! wink.gif.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2017 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol walks over to the rest as we all prepare to head out. He checks his straps on his back pack and makes sure all is secure and ready. He will relax by the rivers edge contemplating the future trip and how things will go for them. He knows they will some action he can feel it in his soul. Just how much and how bad he can not say. All he can do is be at peace and be ready for it when it comes to them.

8th Jan, 2017 - 11:39am / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Terror says...

Targul takes a seat on one of the lead wagons. He pulls out his long bow so that he'll be ready should the caravan run into any trouble along the way.

He sits in a wagon rather than taking a horse, not because he doesn't like horses, but rather because he prefers a larger vehicle. After spending as much time as he has on ships, he would rather have a broad base under him rather than a jerky or undulating horse under him.

Should Lia, or anybody else for that matter, get close enough to him, he will hold out his barrel and ask, "Would you like some of my questionable… meat?"

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2017 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia looks at Elyria and rolls her eyes. She looks back to Poljen with a serene face. Lia speaks to him in a calm voice not revealing her irritation with him. " Poljen, thank you for your compliment. I am supposed to do all that I can to make myself more attractive. It is as Sune desires. Everyone should be concerned with their appearance. Squire Elyria can learn about womanly charms as well as combat skills. Just because she is training to be a knight doesn't mean she isn't a woman. "

Lia looks at Poljen curiously. " You should worry about your appearance as well. The potential is there. You must work at it. Your hair needs combing. Would you like to use my comb? You might have better fortune with women if you followed my advice. ". She barely stifled a grin as she finished speaking.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Jan, 2017 - 1:22pm

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2017 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The last of the materiel is finally loaded, evenly distributing the load between the wagons. Sir Onthar calls out, "It is time to move out. Take to your saddles or your seats, we have a long ways to go."

The caravan moves at a shifting pace that alternates the horses between a trot and a walk, with breaks for the animals to eat, drink, and rest about every two hours. In the few hours remaining before dusk, the group manages to cover 20 miles.

The men and women of the Order of the Gauntlet are easily among the more used to this kind of trail work, and have spread themselves out among the rest, ready to lend assistance where needed. When a horse or rider begin to flag, people are encouraged to swap horses or to one of the wagons, as matters allow.

The Order reveals another trick that evening. After people stake out places to sleep, a pair of them circle the camp, muttering the words to a cantrip. Dirt begins to fly as if worked over by a feverishly frantic giant. Within minutes, a ditch encircles the campsite, with the earth piled up on the near side. The result is an earthen embankment about nine feet high on the outer side, and four on the inner.

The next day, the group manages 29 miles before stopping to camp, and averages a little under 35 on the days following that. It is a tiring pace for all involved, but manageable.

The road stretches on, it is a good one, flat, stable, and well packed. It is the primary trade route to the Kingdom of Amn, and as such the group frequently passes people heading in both directions. The Uldoon trail, which you will be taking to Greenest, which will be reached towards the end of the third day, is fairly good as well, but not as heavily traveled. After reaching that split, you run into the occasional traveler heading the same way as you, but none going the other way.

[I'm going to need Constitution saves from everyone with a Con score of 11 or less, as well as one from Targul for a different reason. Perception checks from all as you travel. Also, If you are doing anything in particular while on the road, now's the time to bring it up.]

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 8th Jan, 2017 - 5:00pm

8th Jan, 2017 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy was not sure if he quite believed the man, especially with how quick he left not that he had appeared on the scene of things. Looking to Cahleth he asks, "What that really all that this was about?"

Still the cleric would shake his head. When his companion was ready, the two would head back. The young morninglord did want to get back with Elyria to check in on her. Yes, Lia and the other would protect her but he still did not like being separated from her for too long.
--

Elyria smiles, having followed Lia is they went about the market, before going to answer the wood elf in trying the perfume before Poljen in his attempts to flirt with the cleric and in what he felt the squire should be doing. Turning made to her friend, a smile on her face as she held back a giggle, she says, "My mother did teach me such things, and before running off with my brother I did keep up on such things."

Considering the barbarian she continues, "Yet as we traveled I became more lax on such things as to Geoffroy it didn't seem to matter. He treated me the same no matter my appearance each morning or the rigors of training." It was something she appreciated, but she could understand Lia's feelings on the matter.

Looking back to Lia, she tries saying in her defense, "I still seek to at least keep my hair cleaned, combed, and braided as well when able bath so as to keep myself clean." It was just the other pampering that she did not as often bother with unless they were trying to impress some company of sorts. Something that the wood elf probably would have noticed at this point.

Out of Character: My apologies for not posting at all yesterday and just getting to it now. I will play it that all the purchases I was going to make were already done and I can work out the details in the other thread. Sighs, I will update their actions my next post.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jan, 2017 - 4:52pm

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 20 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2017 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 8

Cratol upon hearing it is time to move out will get up and climb up on a wagon to sit and watch the area as they move. He will be looking for anything that seams odd. When they stop during the night he will sit and meditate for a while before gong through his exercises to keep himself limber and ready for a fight. He will take any watch assigned to him.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2017 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

During these first few days of travel, Cahleth will mingle with the other members of this caravan, keeping an eye (And ear) out for any interesting, suspicious, or otherwise 'valuable' folks. He particularly is listening for the name Leosin, or for anyone claiming to be from, or having visited, Greenest prior to this mission. Any information that can be obtained could prove valuable (I included an Investigation role below).

At some point during this early leg of travel, Cahleth will try to get all the members of the Silver Blaze together for a brief meeting. He'll want to do this without raising too much suspicion. This meeting might take place in the evening as camp is being made, or early in the morning before all of the other travelers have risen. If no good opportunity for a full group meeting presents itself, he will instead check-in with everyone in small groups.

Regardless, he shares the the contents of the secret message slipped to him. The message is from a fellow Harper agent and reads…

Thank you brother, for taking on this task. There is another you may be able to assist with. Use judgement in sharing this information. The agent who sent us warning had been assigned to investigate a disturbance near the mountain pass to Amn. His missives have been sparse, and it is obvious not everything he's sent has made it through for one reason or another.

We request that you keep an eye out for any hint of his whereabouts, he's an elf by the name of Leosin, identifiable by a missing left ear. If he is not dead, we suspect he has been captured.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.